Hide and Seek

When I was a little girl, my brothers and sisters and I would often gather outside in the court where we lived for a game of hide and seek. I wasn’t much of a hider; however, I loved when I got the chance to be the seeker. After I had counted to what always seemed like 5,000, I would boldly proclaim, “Ready or not, here I come!” And then I would take off with much enthusiasm to find those who were hiding.

Lately, I’ve been feeling as if I’ve been playing a game of hide and seek with the Lord. But this time, I’m not being much of a seeker; I am doing more of the hiding. I can here Him calling my name, saying, “Come out, come out, wherever you are!”, but for whatever reason I haven’t allowed myself to fully come out of my hiding place just yet. I am not intentionally hiding from Him. But these days I am finding myself constantly on the move, not slowing down long enough to allow the Lord to catch me.

I started the New Year off with some really good goals — daily Bible reading and prayer, moving towards health and wholeness. But I am realizing that as I’ve been busy striving to reach all of my goals, I’ve lost site of what’s most important — sitting at the feet of Jesus and allowing Him to speak to my heart. I even find that sometimes my daily Bible reading is mechanical and there is no revelation. The truth is, I am realizing I am much more of a Martha than I want to be. I am so caught up in the “doing” that I am not spending enough time just “being”. I long for a heart like Mary’s.

The Lord says, “Ready or not, here I come!”

My response is, “I am ready Lord. Come and find me!”

So here I am Lord, I am ready to be found. I will meet you half way and seek after You. I come before you now, empty handed, with no agenda, no tasks to complete, no questions to ask. I just want you.

“Seek the Lord while he may be found; call on him while he is near.”  (Isaiah 55:6)

1. Joyeful says:

This post is full of so much beauty and truth! I feel the same way lately and God's been gently wooing me to sit at His feet and just BE with Him! How quickly life steals our focus!

2. Joyeful says:

3. Joyeful says:

4. Joyeful says:

5. Mom to 9 Blessings! says:

Barbie – I'm so glad God brought you to my site and we have met each other. This post is beautiful! AMEN! AMEN! AMEN!

May we all come to Him with NO agenda and simply desire whatever He has for us!

Love and blessings,
    Jill

6. Mom to 9 Blessings! says:

May we all come to Him with NO agenda and simply desire whatever He has for us!

Love and blessings,
    Jill

7. Mom to 9 Blessings! says:

May we all come to Him with NO agenda and simply desire whatever He has for us!

Love and blessings,
    Jill

8. Mom to 9 Blessings! says:

May we all come to Him with NO agenda and simply desire whatever He has for us!

Love and blessings,
    Jill

9. Laura The Artist says:

Wow, gorgeous site and honest commentary my dear. "here I am!" and when I see HIM I'll say, "I am Yours!"

10. Laura The Artist says: