16 In Book study

Captivating

woman walking in the sunny meadow on summer day touching grass

Tonight I am starting a Bible Study with several ladies.  We will be going through the book Captivating by John & Stasi Eldridge.  Here is the product description from Amazon:

Every little girl has dreams of being swept up into a great adventure, of being the beautiful princess. Sadly, when women grow up, they are often swept up into a life filled merely with duty and demands. Many Christian women are tired, struggling under the weight of the pressure to be a “good servant,” a nurturing caregiver, or a capable home manager.

What Wild at Heart did for men, Captivating is doing for women. Setting their hearts free. This groundbreaking book shows readers the glorious design of women before the fall, describes how the feminine heart can be restored, and casts a vision for the power, freedom, and beauty of a woman released to be all she was meant to be. By revealing the core desires every woman shares-to be romanced, to play an irreplaceable role in a grand adventure, and to unveil beauty-John and Stasi Eldredge invite women to recover their feminine hearts, created in the image of an intimate and passionate God. Further, they encourage men to discover the secret of a woman’s soul and to delight in the beauty and strength women were created to offer.

I read this book about 3 years ago.  At the time, I was in a hard place in my life. I was not aware of my true identity in Christ, nor was I able to experience His love that way I was intended to feel it. Even though this book ministered to me greatly at the time, I feel like there were many deep revelations that I missed because of the condition of my heart, because I was unable to receive the truth. Over the last year I have received much inner healing, and although I am still walking that journey, I feel I am in a better place now for my heart to fully accept and receive ALL that God has for me. I have been praying about doing this study for a long time, and I felt that now was the time.  Although I will be facilitating this study, I am excited to be able to learn and grow right along side these women.

Over the next 10 weeks (beginning next Thursday), I will be putting up on my blog a post detailing the revelation that we receive from this study.  The purpose would be that you are encouraged and strengthened on your journey as you pursue Him with your whole heart and as He reveals the truly beautiful and captivating woman that you are.  I hope you will follow along with me and post your comments about what God is revealing to you!

This is totally random, but since I am not artsy, if anyone knows of someone who can create a button for my blog for this study, that followers can grab and put on their blogs, I would be so appreciative.

Praying you are having a blessed week!

Laura
    March 11, 2010 at 1:52 am

I look forward to reading your blog posts about this. I read this book back in 2006 when my husband and I were still dating, and we had a bad break-up…I was crushed and more depressed than I'd ever been in my life, and I really felt God TUGGING at me, saying I really need to pick myself up and remember who I am because of HIM and not because of my relationships, broken or well.

I now push this book on to every girl in my life, especially in tough times! It REALLY helped me in a big way.

Laura
    March 11, 2010 at 1:52 am

Laura
    March 11, 2010 at 1:52 am

Laura
    March 11, 2010 at 1:52 am

Double Wide Mom
    March 11, 2010 at 3:42 am

LOVE THIS BOOK! Taught the study twice, read it a couple of times and reference it often. It changed mine and my daughter's life. I'm praying for you!

Double Wide Mom
    March 11, 2010 at 3:42 am

Double Wide Mom
    March 11, 2010 at 3:42 am

Double Wide Mom
    March 11, 2010 at 3:42 am

Beth in NC
    March 11, 2010 at 12:22 pm

Oh Barbie. Sounds exciting! I can't wait to see what God does in your heart this time around.

Love,

Beth in NC
    March 11, 2010 at 12:22 pm

Love,
    b

Rachael.
    March 13, 2010 at 6:29 am

This is such a great book! You will love it!

Rachael.
    March 13, 2010 at 6:29 am

This is such a great book! You will love it!

Rachael.
    March 13, 2010 at 6:29 am

This is such a great book! You will love it!

Rachael.
    March 13, 2010 at 6:29 am

This is such a great book! You will love it!