20 In Faith

He Sees You!

Eyeinthestorm

I was reading today out of Psalm 34.  Verse 15 keeps catching my eye:

The eyes of the Lord watch over those who do right, his ears are open to their cries for help.  (Psalm 34:15)

Because I choose to walk uprightly before the Lord, His eyes are upon me and His ears are open to my cries for help.  Does this mean that I am perfect?  Absolutely not!  I am on a journey to perfection, yet perfection will never be obtained until I meet Him face to face.  Until then, it’s nice to know that even though I may be surrounded my storms, unsettledness, dissatisfaction, emptiness, all of those emotions that I sometimes feel, one thing remains the same — He sees Me!  And He not only sees me, He hears me.

I painted this picture during a worship service at church a while back.  I entitled it “In the Eye of The Storm”.  (To see more of my artwork, you can visit here.)  It depicts the storm that often rages around me.  In that storm, even though there are dark places, there is beauty, there is revelation, there is purpose. And do you see what appears to be the eye in the center? That is the eye of the Lord.  He sees you today my friend.  No matter what you might be going through.  No matter what prayer you feel has been left unanswered, He knows, He sees, and He hears.  Press into Him today.  He is watching over you and Hears your cries for help.

The Lord hears his people when they call to him for help.  He rescues them form ALL their troubles.  The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed.  The righteous person face many troubles, but the Lord comes to the rescue each time.  (Psalm 34:17-19)

Debbie
    April 7, 2010 at 12:29 am

Oh Barbie, this was so good! I love your artwork and what it depicts. There will always be some storm brewing this side of eternity. But I love the thought and promise of His eyes being upon us.

Blessings and love,

April 7, 2010 at 12:29 am

Blessings and love,
    Debbie

Julie@comehaveapeace
    April 7, 2010 at 2:20 am

Barbie,
    That's beautiful, and I would've loved to have watched it develop as you painted it. Thank you so much for sharing the final creation. How amazing and wonderful that He watches over us.

Julie@comehaveapeace
    April 7, 2010 at 2:20 am

Barbie,

Julie@comehaveapeace
    April 7, 2010 at 2:20 am

Barbie,

Julie@comehaveapeace
    April 7, 2010 at 2:20 am

Barbie,

Loren
    April 7, 2010 at 3:22 am

Prophetic art is just the most amazing and intriguing Gift and I LOVE to be there watching it transpire! One of the most treasured gifts I have ever been given was a picture of prophetic art. A young woman I had never met in my life sat at my feet during house church and the Lord gave her a picture along with a story about me…..of course it was right on and WOW Still to this day I look at that picture and know it is still in the works in my life….Yes…The Lord is watching over each and everyone of us!!! He soooo hears us and longs to help, to speak to us and let us know HE loves us right where we are yet HE will be there to help us to get to where HE wants us to be!!

Love you my friend

Loren
    April 7, 2010 at 3:22 am

Love you my friend

Loren
    April 7, 2010 at 3:22 am

Love you my friend

Loren
    April 7, 2010 at 3:22 am

Love you my friend

Camie
    April 7, 2010 at 3:35 am

This is so lovely! Blessings to you!

Camie

Camie
    April 7, 2010 at 3:35 am

This is so lovely! Blessings to you!

Camie

Camie
    April 7, 2010 at 3:35 am

This is so lovely! Blessings to you!

Camie

Camie
    April 7, 2010 at 3:35 am

This is so lovely! Blessings to you!

Camie

leah
    April 15, 2010 at 10:59 pm

You have such a great site! I will surely glean some fresh insight and joy from you 🙂 Thanks for stopping by. I will check out your top 5 recommended blogs as well. Love your artwork too. We have so many similar interests! Hope to keep in touch.

leah