20 In Faith

His Unfailing Love

Hearts 2011

Your steadfast love, O Lord, extends to the heavens,
your faithfulness to the clouds.
Your righteousness is like the mountains of God;
your judgments are like the great deep;
man and beast you save, O Lord.

How precious is your steadfast love, O God!
The children of mankind take refuge in the shadow of your wings.
They feast on the abundance of your house,
and you give them drink from the river of your delights.
For with you is the fountain of life;
in your light do we see light.

Oh, continue your steadfast love to those who know you,
and your righteousness to the upright of heart!

(Psalm 36:5-10 ESV)

I was sitting in the House of Prayer today reflecting on Psalm 36.  In the first 4 verses, David is reflecting on the heart of the wicked, on man’s sinful state and total disregard for good.  But rather than allowing himself to remain there, David chooses to shift His focus onto the attributes of God:  His love, faithfulness, righteousness and justice.  When our eyes are consumed by the sinful state of the world and those around us, and even towards our own sin, we must shift our focus onto the character of God.  He is love.  He is faithful to the end.  His righteousness and justice will be shown to those who know and walk with Him.  The Psalmist says that ALL men find refuge in the shadow of His wings, where He, in His unfailing love, gives us continual drink from His river of delight!

Are you drinking from His river of delight today?

Wylie @ Shout A Joyful Noise!
    April 10, 2010 at 11:59 am

Amen!!! A good word!!! Have a blessed day, Barbie!
    Wylie

Wylie @ Shout A Joyful Noise!
    April 10, 2010 at 11:59 am

Amen!!! A good word!!! Have a blessed day, Barbie!
    Wylie

Wylie @ Shout A Joyful Noise!
    April 10, 2010 at 11:59 am

Amen!!! A good word!!! Have a blessed day, Barbie!
    Wylie

Wylie @ Shout A Joyful Noise!
    April 10, 2010 at 11:59 am

Amen!!! A good word!!! Have a blessed day, Barbie!
    Wylie

Tracy
    April 10, 2010 at 2:10 pm

Oh, I love this Barbie! Beautiful. I love that you chose to show a rose because I was just reading a devotional yesterday that said something that fits so well with your post.

The writer (who had grown up in a broken home with great difficulty and lots of pain) loved roses as a young girl. As she grew older, she was fascinated by the contrast…the sharp thorns (the sinful, painful things in life) vs. the beautiful and velvety soft petals (God's love and his amazing blessings). She made a conscious decision while looking at a rose once. Though she'd always be aware of the the painful things of her past (thorns), she'd park her mind on the petals. God used that rose to change her life!

Choosing like her, David, and you to focus on HIM today!

Have a great weekend!
    Tracy

Tracy
    April 10, 2010 at 2:10 pm

Choosing like her, David, and you to focus on HIM today!

Have a great weekend!
    Tracy

Tracy
    April 10, 2010 at 2:10 pm

Choosing like her, David, and you to focus on HIM today!

Have a great weekend!
    Tracy

Tracy
    April 10, 2010 at 2:10 pm

Choosing like her, David, and you to focus on HIM today!

Have a great weekend!
    Tracy

Julie@comehaveapeace
    April 10, 2010 at 3:06 pm

Barbie, this is such a true and encouraging post. You know, when I get my focus on people around me, myself, and things of this world … I get discouraged and have a negative perspective. I need to keep my eyes focused on God and His character.

Julie@comehaveapeace
    April 10, 2010 at 3:06 pm

Julie@comehaveapeace
    April 10, 2010 at 3:06 pm

Julie@comehaveapeace
    April 10, 2010 at 3:06 pm

Debbie
    April 10, 2010 at 4:23 pm

Barbie, with the state of the world today …there's nothing like going to the Father in prayer. I am studying "Praying the Names of God" and what a blessing it has been. The attributes of God remind me of how awesome He is. My part is to trust and obey.

Wonderful reminder Barbie. Thank you for posting.

Blessings,
    Debbie

Debbie
    April 10, 2010 at 4:23 pm

Wonderful reminder Barbie. Thank you for posting.

Blessings,
    Debbie

Debbie
    April 10, 2010 at 4:23 pm

Wonderful reminder Barbie. Thank you for posting.

Blessings,
    Debbie

Debbie
    April 10, 2010 at 4:23 pm

Wonderful reminder Barbie. Thank you for posting.

Blessings,
    Debbie

Janette Wright
    April 10, 2010 at 8:37 pm

Stopped by from the blog party and saw you had stopped by my blog through blog frog…thank you…I am very new to this.
    Enjoyed your post. I have been reading through "Praying the Names of God" like Debbie who commented before me.
    Nice to meet you and enjoyed