32 In Faith

Ruined By Love

vintage card - love concept

Today during our worship service I was ruined.  I was ruined by love.  It all started with a picture God showed me as I was praying with the Worship Team before the service.  In the picture, I saw the Mountain of the Lord, and flowing from it was a very large waterfall.  What made the waterfall so unique was that it was very colorful, not just clear water, there were many, many colors.  The water flowed into a green. lush valley where people were waiting near the river bank.  Some of them held very large buckets, others large vases, others smaller containers, but they all went to the river and filled their containers with the water, the Living Water of God.  As I looked at the water, in it were all different kinds of jewels.  They were very colorful, all varying in size and shape.  I believe these jewels represented what God wanted to impart to His children this morning — love, grace, joy, healing, peace, etc.  As those who had come filled up their containers and went on their way, I noticed there were others who were literally laying down near the bank of the river.  They looked tired, worn out, beaten down, out of strength. It was all they could do to muster up enough strength to put their cupped hands in the river and grab some water to drink.

It was then the Lord began to speak to me that there are those who do not feel like they have the strength to partake of everything the Lord has for them, but He wants them to know that, similar to the woman who reached out to touch the hem of His garment and was healed, if we will simply lay down near the bank of the river and reach down into His Living Water, even the amount we grab with our cupped hands will be all that we need for our moment of weakness.  Sometimes all we need is a taste of His goodness to realize the magnitude of it.  To even drink a little is better than not drinking at all.

Open your mouth and taste, open your eyes and see— how good God is!

Blessed are you who run to him. (Psalm 34:8-Message)

I shared this revelation with the Worship Team and went out to sing.  Near the end of the set, our worship leader went into a prophetic song and began to sing over the congregation God’s heart of love towards us.  It was at that moment that I was ruined by love.  You see, I haven’t been able to hear the voice of the Lord concerning His heart towards me for some time.  I know He is always speaking, but due to lies that I have believed and false agreements I’ve entered into about myself, I wasn’t hearing.  Or maybe I was hearing but simply couldn’t believe that all of those thoughts towards me were actually mine to receive.  Today I heard clearly.  He spoke. I was ruined by love.  He said:

You are lovely.
You are beautiful.
You captivate my heart.
I died just for you.
I chose you.
I will never leave you.

Oh, He said so much more!  But I was ruined, lost in His love, and could do nothing more than weep.Our Pastor preached on how God was a personal God and wanted to meet us today in a very personal way.  He is so faithful to meet us exactly where we need Him to. I’ve been longing for a deeper revelation of His love towards me.  My soul has been crying out for love, and love met me today.

Anonymous
    April 26, 2010 at 4:28 am

Thank you Barbie for sharing. This is a confirmation to me that I was hearing from the Lord as I prepared for prophetic painting this morning. The painting was based on the same thought as you shared in your vision: …"what God wanted to impart to His children this morning — love, grace, joy, healing, peace, etc." As I look at my painting I can see your vision being revealed.

Tears were streaming down my face as I was overwhelmed by His love. It was all I could do to continue painting.

Again, thank you for sharing and also thank you for not holding back your response to God's love this morning.

Terri R.

Anonymous
    April 26, 2010 at 4:28 am

Terri R.

Anonymous
    April 26, 2010 at 4:28 am

Terri R.

Anonymous
    April 26, 2010 at 4:28 am

Terri R.

Lindsay @ Just My Blog
    April 26, 2010 at 11:19 am

I have been going through a similar lack of enthusiasm and joy lately. Until yesterday. Yesterday, God touched me once again and reminded me why I go to church and why I love Him. I think God was working overtime yesterday.

Lindsay @ Just My Blog
    April 26, 2010 at 11:19 am

Lindsay @ Just My Blog
    April 26, 2010 at 11:19 am

Lindsay @ Just My Blog
    April 26, 2010 at 11:19 am

Alicia, The Snowflake
    April 26, 2010 at 12:45 pm

Oh how beautiful my friend. God is so good to us. He is constantly wooing us. He never gives up. I pray He continues to remind you of His love this week!

Alicia, The Snowflake
    April 26, 2010 at 12:45 pm

Alicia, The Snowflake
    April 26, 2010 at 12:45 pm

Alicia, The Snowflake
    April 26, 2010 at 12:45 pm

Kate
    April 26, 2010 at 8:46 pm

How beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

Blessings,
    Kate

Kate
    April 26, 2010 at 8:46 pm

How beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

Blessings,
    Kate

Kate
    April 26, 2010 at 8:46 pm

How beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

Blessings,
    Kate

Kate
    April 26, 2010 at 8:46 pm

How beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

Blessings,

absolutely beautiful! 🙂

Lauren
    April 26, 2010 at 9:16 pm

absolutely beautiful! 🙂

Beth in NC
    April 26, 2010 at 10:19 pm

Glory and Hallelujah!!! I would have loved to have seen that vision my friend! How beautiful!

Come over and see what I just posted re: prophetic things.

Love to you dear Sister!
    Beth

Beth in NC
    April 26, 2010 at 10:19 pm

Come over and see what I just posted re: prophetic things.

Love to you dear Sister!
    Beth

Beth in NC
    April 26, 2010 at 10:19 pm

Come over and see what I just posted re: prophetic things.

Love to you dear Sister!
    Beth

Beth in NC
    April 26, 2010 at 10:19 pm

Come over and see what I just posted re: prophetic things.

Love to you dear Sister!
    Beth

Laura The Artist
    April 27, 2010 at 1:13 am

Wow Barbie, just the other night I had a dream that coins and gems were falling in the rain. Tommy, Jakey, and Judah were playing in the rain. At first I was annoyed, but then I thought it was cute..and then I noticed the shiney coins falling from a waterfall running off the roof of the house. Then I saw the gems. We gathered up everything we could. I love how you had something remotely similar, but it gave me new meanings. Your revelation is increditble. And, CONGRATULATIONS on hearingthe voice of the LORD again. I am overjoyed for you!!!!! Love you so much!
    Laura

Laura The Artist
    April 27, 2010 at 1:13 am

Laura

Laura The Artist
    April 27, 2010 at 1:13 am

Laura

Laura The Artist
    April 27, 2010 at 1:13 am

Laura

Camie
    April 27, 2010 at 4:04 am

Praise the Lord…So beautiful! ((hugs)) dear friend!

Camie

Camie
    April 27, 2010 at 4:04 am

Praise the Lord…So beautiful! ((hugs)) dear friend!

Camie

Camie
    April 27, 2010 at 4:04 am

Praise the Lord…So beautiful! ((hugs)) dear friend!

Camie

Camie
    April 27, 2010 at 4:04 am

Praise the Lord…So beautiful! ((hugs)) dear friend!

Camie