A Dwelling Place

(Photo Credit:  Heart and Soul Reflections)

Tonight in the Prayer Room we meditated on Psalm 84.  As I was meditating on this today in preparation for the set, I kept going back to verse one:

How lovely is your dwelling place,
O LORD Almighty.

We just received the final word (for the THIRD time) from our mortgage lender and they will not allow us to modify our loan due to our lack of income.  After going back and forth through different loan modification processes over the last year, and even losing money to a scam, I finally believe I have peace to move forward into this “new season” which God is preparing for us.  Yes, I still have times where, in my human weakness, I get a little worried and fearful, but I know that God has been with us on this journey and He is not going to leave us.  He will walk with us through this hard season, and JOY will come in the morning!

The Lord reminded me that I am His dwelling place.  He dwells inside of me.  WOW, I cannot even wrap my brain around the fact that the God of Heaven, the creator of the universe, has taken up permanent residence inside of me.  But what this means is that no matter where I go, no matter where I live, He will go with me.  I am the dwelling place of the Most High!

We have a lot to do over the next 30-60 days and I would so appreciate your prayers.
  1. We have to begin the overwhelming task of packing up 6 people and 16 years of stuff.  I would like to purge as I go, so please pray that I will have the strength and motivation to tackle this.  Thank goodness I am not a pack rat of any sorts.  There is not much that I am emotionally attached to.
  2. We need to find a place to live, in our current city, near good schools, within our budget (which we don’t have at the moment).  There is a chance the new owner could ask us to rent back and that would be a miracle.
  3. My husband is still not working full time (was laid off from his construction job last June), so we really need prayer for a full-time position for him so that we can make our rent payments timely.

I know that God is good and that He will take care of us.  I appreciate all of you who have commented or emailed me with words of encouragement.  I love my blog community!  Your kindness has kept me going!

1. Debbie says:

Barbie, I woke up at 3am as I heard my hubby unable to sleep. It's a difficult time to go through and believe me …I understand completely. Been there and done that.

He is our dwelling place!

How amazing and yet how true.

This isn't our permanent home. We're just passing through.

Going through this time certainly makes that real, doesn't it?

I will be praying for you.

Blessings and love,
    Debbie

2. Debbie says:

He is our dwelling place!

How amazing and yet how true.

This isn't our permanent home. We're just passing through.

Going through this time certainly makes that real, doesn't it?

I will be praying for you.

Blessings and love,
    Debbie

3. Debbie says:

He is our dwelling place!

How amazing and yet how true.

This isn't our permanent home. We're just passing through.

Going through this time certainly makes that real, doesn't it?

I will be praying for you.

Blessings and love,
    Debbie

4. Debbie says:

He is our dwelling place!

How amazing and yet how true.

This isn't our permanent home. We're just passing through.

Going through this time certainly makes that real, doesn't it?

I will be praying for you.

Blessings and love,
    Debbie

5. Kate says:

Dear Barbie,

I will pray for you and your family that the Lord will give you the strength you need and provide for you as He provides for all His children.

Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you;
    do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Blessings,

8. Kate says:

Dear Barbie,

Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you;

Blessings,
    Kate

9. Mandy says:

Beautiful thoughts on 'Dwelling Place', Barbie! I will definitely be praying for you guys~ we have had our own budget crises in the last few years, and I can sympathize with some of your struggles. Unfortunately, I am a bit of a pack rat so we always have tons to weed through, though only for 4 of us. Thanks for your unique insight into His word… I love hearing it! Have a great weekend!

10. Mandy says:

11. Mandy says:

12. Mandy says:

13. Janette@Janette's Sage says:

Been there…so know it, and will pray!
    Give your self room to cry when you need to…lean on Him. I know He hears us and knows our hearts.
    Blessings, may you have a new vision from Him…the only one who can bring a vision to pass,
    Janette

14. Janette@Janette's Sage says:

Been there…so know it, and will pray!
    Janette

15. Janette@Janette's Sage says:

Been there…so know it, and will pray!
    Janette

16. Janette@Janette's Sage says:

Been there…so know it, and will pray!
    Janette

17. Joyeful says:

Oh wow! We are His dwelling place! And HE IS OURS!

My heart goes out to you, Barbie and I'm sending prayers for your family right now! I pray that you will have peace and that God will provide for you every step of the way!

18. Joyeful says:

Oh wow! We are His dwelling place! And HE IS OURS!

19. Joyeful says:

Oh wow! We are His dwelling place! And HE IS OURS!

20. Joyeful says:

Oh wow! We are His dwelling place! And HE IS OURS!

21. Angie says:

Barbie,

Will add you to my prayer notebook and pray for you this summer! I look forward to hearing how the Lord puts it all together. Peace be with you!

22. Angie says:

Barbie,

23. Angie says:

Barbie,

24. Angie says:

Barbie,

25. Sheri says:

I am praying for you and your family; you will be in my thoughts. Such a difficult time, but I'm praying that the season changes quickly and good things start to come your way very soon. Take care, and keep trusting in Him.

26. Sheri says:

27. Sheri says:

28. Sheri says:

29. Paula says:

Has your Husband found full-time work yet? My Hubby is now on his 6th week out of work. I'll keep praying for you. Praying for your house situation as well. (((hugs)))

30. Paula says: