44 In Faith

And Suddenly…

(Photo Credit:  Laura DeLeon)
Today God has been reminding me that He is a God of suddenlies.  There are many instances in the Bible where God suddenly appeared:

But when the assembly gathered in opposition to Moses and Aaron and turned toward the Tent of Meeting, suddenly the cloud covered it and the glory of the LORD appeared. (Numbers 16:42)

As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind.
(2 Kings 2:11)

Suddenly the fingers of a human hand appeared and wrote on the plaster of the wall, near the lampstand in the royal palace. The king watched the hand as it wrote.
(Daniel 5:5)

Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting.
(Acts 2:2)

Suddenly an angel of the Lord appeared and a light shone in the cell. He struck Peter on the side and woke him up. “Quick, get up!” he said, and the chains fell off Peter’s wrists.
(Acts 12:7)

Suddenly there was such a violent earthquake that the foundations of the prison were shaken. At once all the prison doors flew open, and everybody’s chains came loose.
(Acts 16:26)
It has been like this for me over the last couple of days:
  • I find myself out of strength, barely able to move at times, and suddenly, He is here providing the strength I need for the next step.
  • I find myself getting fearful because I cannot see the road ahead, and suddenly, He is here assuring me that He is my front and rear guard.
  • I find myself unable to rest, and suddenly, He is here reminding me that He is the peace that surpasses all understanding.
Although we have a long road ahead to financial freedom, I know that My God is more than able to suddenly show up in our circumstances. And He is not just able…He is willing.  He delights in me and in my family.  He loves us so much that He will not allow any of the wrong choices which we may have made in our past to ruin the future He has planned for us.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
(Jeremiah 29:11)

Paula
    May 18, 2010 at 10:52 am

Thank you for the reminder that we serve a "suddenly" God. ((hugs))

Paula
    May 18, 2010 at 10:52 am

Thank you for the reminder that we serve a "suddenly" God. ((hugs))

Paula
    May 18, 2010 at 10:52 am

Thank you for the reminder that we serve a "suddenly" God. ((hugs))

Paula
    May 18, 2010 at 10:52 am

Thank you for the reminder that we serve a "suddenly" God. ((hugs))

Michelle (michabella)
    May 18, 2010 at 12:17 pm

Isn't it awesome to know that no matter what God is right there, by your side, pushing you on. I love that! Jeremiah 29:11 is one of my fav verses, I constantly remind myself of.

Michelle (michabella)
    May 18, 2010 at 12:17 pm

Michelle (michabella)
    May 18, 2010 at 12:17 pm

Michelle (michabella)
    May 18, 2010 at 12:17 pm

Adoption Mama
    May 18, 2010 at 12:31 pm

He clothes the birds of the air and the lilies of the field…they trust and have no concern for these things. May your spirit be lifted in the knowledge that your Heavenly Father loves you has much as He loves His own son. John 17:22-25

Adoption Mama
    May 18, 2010 at 12:31 pm

Adoption Mama
    May 18, 2010 at 12:31 pm

Adoption Mama
    May 18, 2010 at 12:31 pm

JillAileenJones
    May 18, 2010 at 12:33 pm

Thank you for this my friend. It was needed to fresh my soul and remind me of things that I too know and believe but that I let Satan step in and rob me of the peace and joy that come from knowing these things-trusting and believing them.
    Love

JillAileenJones
    May 18, 2010 at 12:33 pm

Love
    Jill

Courtney
    May 18, 2010 at 12:54 pm

That last verse is one of my favorites. One that I've come to depend on regularly. Wonderful post! Blessings to you, Barbie!

Courtney
    May 18, 2010 at 12:54 pm

Courtney
    May 18, 2010 at 12:54 pm

Courtney
    May 18, 2010 at 12:54 pm

Lauren
    May 18, 2010 at 1:23 pm

I love this post!!! He is a God of suddenly's and that's such a great reminder for me today!!! 🙂

Lauren
    May 18, 2010 at 1:23 pm

Lauren
    May 18, 2010 at 1:23 pm

Lauren
    May 18, 2010 at 1:23 pm

DORCAS
    May 18, 2010 at 5:50 pm

Beautiful post! Thanks for sharing! I love it how God suddenly let's us know. He's an Awesome God!

~blessings

DORCAS
    May 18, 2010 at 5:50 pm

~blessings

Dorcas

Debbie
    May 18, 2010 at 6:48 pm

Barbie, I totally understand!

When I am so weak and tired and feel like I cannot go on, He is right there suddenly. Or maybe He's been there but I am more aware of His presence.

Blessings and love,
    Debbie

PS. Any time you need a shoulder, I'm here.

Debbie
    May 18, 2010 at 6:48 pm

Barbie, I totally understand!

Blessings and love,
    Debbie

PS. Any time you need a shoulder, I'm here.

Debbie
    May 18, 2010 at 6:48 pm

Barbie, I totally understand!

Blessings and love,
    Debbie

PS. Any time you need a shoulder, I'm here.

Debbie
    May 18, 2010 at 6:48 pm

Barbie, I totally understand!

Blessings and love,
    Debbie

PS. Any time you need a shoulder, I'm here.

Loren
    May 18, 2010 at 7:15 pm

I love when HE is our God of Suddenlies !! HE never ceases to amaze me in those moments! JUST when we need HIM…Suddenly!

Love and Prayers to you my friend

Loren
    May 18, 2010 at 7:15 pm

Love and Prayers to you my friend

Loren
    May 18, 2010 at 7:15 pm

Love and Prayers to you my friend

Loren
    May 18, 2010 at 7:15 pm

Love and Prayers to you my friend

Ashley
    May 18, 2010 at 7:54 pm

LOVE this post… thanks for the encouragement!!!

Ashley
    May 18, 2010 at 7:54 pm

LOVE this post… thanks for the encouragement!!!

Ashley
    May 18, 2010 at 7:54 pm

LOVE this post… thanks for the encouragement!!!

Ashley
    May 18, 2010 at 7:54 pm

LOVE this post… thanks for the encouragement!!!

Just a little something from Judy
    May 19, 2010 at 1:00 am

This post is so encouraging and uplifiting. In fact, your entire blog is. I am so thankful I discovered this blog.

Just a little something from Judy