64 In Faith

Deeply Rooted

After spending nearly the entire day at home, in my jammies and not doing much of anything due to a head cold and just feeling blah, I managed to get out for a little bit tonight to have dinner with a new friend and grab some coffee (which I so desparately needed).  While at Starbucks, I noticed this picture hanging on the wall.  Although each branch had various statements written on them, my eye was drawn to the main statement of the picture:
The Deeper the ROOTS, the Higher the Reach!
Wow, there is so much wisdom in this picture.  It is so important that we let our roots go down deep, that we are rooted and grounded in HIM.  Roots are amazing things.  They know where to go to get the water.  The deeper the roots go down into the soil, the greater chance that the plant or tree above the soil will flourish and grow into it’s fullness.  I believe the purest water flows underground.  It flows in the hidden and deep, dark places where it’s just me and the Lord.  It is there in that place where He washes me with the water of His word.  It is in that place where I am nourished and cared for.  And because I allow my roots to go down deep, I am refreshed.  I grow stronger in faith and more secure in His love.
  • I am now able to reach up higher.  Because I’ve spent time cultivating my relationship with the Lord in the secret, hidden and sometimes dark places, I have greater faith to access the never-ending resources of Heaven for my life.
  • I am able to reach out farther.  Because I am deeply rooted and secure in His love, I am more capable of giving that love away to those around me.
I never thought I would say this, but I want to be like Job.

For I am like a tree whose roots reach the water, whose branches are refreshed with the dew. (Job 29:19)

I want my roots to go down so deep that they reach the pure water.  I want to be refreshed, renewed and strengthened in His Word so that I can reach up high to touch the heart of God, and reach out far to touch others with His marvelous love!

Beth in NC
    May 21, 2010 at 10:47 am

Oh Barbie, this is so good! When I saw the tree, I was thinking the same type of thoughts.

Amazing how there is a sermon in just random things like this picture. Love it!

Beth in NC
    May 21, 2010 at 10:47 am

Amazing how there is a sermon in just random things like this picture. Love it!

Beth in NC
    May 21, 2010 at 10:47 am

Amazing how there is a sermon in just random things like this picture. Love it!

Beth in NC
    May 21, 2010 at 10:47 am

Amazing how there is a sermon in just random things like this picture. Love it!

Adoption Mama
    May 21, 2010 at 12:11 pm

This reminds me of Psalm 1 and Jeremiah 17:7,8. Great analogy.

Adoption Mama
    May 21, 2010 at 12:11 pm

This reminds me of Psalm 1 and Jeremiah 17:7,8. Great analogy.

Adoption Mama
    May 21, 2010 at 12:11 pm

This reminds me of Psalm 1 and Jeremiah 17:7,8. Great analogy.

Adoption Mama
    May 21, 2010 at 12:11 pm

This reminds me of Psalm 1 and Jeremiah 17:7,8. Great analogy.

Courtney
    May 21, 2010 at 1:15 pm

Barbie, I LOVE this! How inspiring!

Courtney
    May 21, 2010 at 1:15 pm

Barbie, I LOVE this! How inspiring!

Courtney
    May 21, 2010 at 1:15 pm

Barbie, I LOVE this! How inspiring!

Courtney
    May 21, 2010 at 1:15 pm

Barbie, I LOVE this! How inspiring!

Janette@Janette's Sage

Janette@Janette's Sage
    May 21, 2010 at 3:11 pm

Amen!

Janette

the lovely paper blog
    May 21, 2010 at 3:44 pm

love your blog!! so cute!

i'm now a follower and i'd love to hear from you! visit me at my blog: http://www.lovelypapershop.blogspot.com

happy new friend friday!

the lovely paper blog
    May 21, 2010 at 3:44 pm

love your blog!! so cute!

happy new friend friday!

the lovely paper blog
    May 21, 2010 at 3:44 pm

love your blog!! so cute!

happy new friend friday!

the lovely paper blog
    May 21, 2010 at 3:44 pm

love your blog!! so cute!

happy new friend friday!

Rebecca
    May 21, 2010 at 5:21 pm

Amen, thanks for the refreshment. I had a hard week. (blogged about it). Thanks for being so positive. I love that scripture.

Rebecca
    May 21, 2010 at 5:21 pm

Rebecca
    May 21, 2010 at 5:21 pm

Rebecca
    May 21, 2010 at 5:21 pm

JillAileenJones
    May 21, 2010 at 7:28 pm

Great Post! I got my card and our certificate today! Thanks-it was a nice surprise for us today-can't wait to pick up the kids from school and tell them so we can go to the store and pick it up. Analeigh will be so excited-she is gonna love it.
    Thanks again.
    Hope you have a great weekend.
    Blessings
    Jill

JillAileenJones
    May 21, 2010 at 7:28 pm

Thanks again.
    Hope you have a great weekend.
    Blessings
    Jill

JillAileenJones
    May 21, 2010 at 7:28 pm

Thanks again.
    Hope you have a great weekend.
    Blessings
    Jill

JillAileenJones
    May 21, 2010 at 7:28 pm

Thanks again.
    Hope you have a great weekend.
    Blessings
    Jill

Mandy
    May 21, 2010 at 9:14 pm

Love this~ and how simple things can remind of us God and our walk with Him! Have a wonderful weekend!

Mandy
    May 21, 2010 at 9:14 pm

Mandy
    May 21, 2010 at 9:14 pm

Mandy
    May 21, 2010 at 9:14 pm

Michelle
    May 21, 2010 at 10:51 pm

Your post was very encouraging–thanks for sharing! Your blog design is beautiful too! Hope you have a good week and are fully recovered soon!

Michelle
    May 21, 2010 at 10:51 pm

Michelle
    May 21, 2010 at 10:51 pm

Michelle
    May 21, 2010 at 10:51 pm

Wylie @ Shout A Joyful Noise!
    May 22, 2010 at 12:18 am

Oh, girl, that is some good stuff!!! Have a blessed weekend!
    Wylie

Wylie @ Shout A Joyful Noise!
    May 22, 2010 at 12:18 am

Oh, girl, that is some good stuff!!! Have a blessed weekend!
    Wylie

Wylie @ Shout A Joyful Noise!
    May 22, 2010 at 12:18 am

Oh, girl, that is some good stuff!!! Have a blessed weekend!
    Wylie

Wylie @ Shout A Joyful Noise!
    May 22, 2010 at 12:18 am

Oh, girl, that is some good stuff!!! Have a blessed weekend!
    Wylie

Jen
    May 22, 2010 at 12:26 am

You know, the opposite is just as true. If I do not cultivate and concentrate on going deep, what is the result? A shallow life filled with shallow relationships. This is such a visual example of God's call for us to be rooted in a firm foundation.

Jen
    May 22, 2010 at 12:26 am

Jen
    May 22, 2010 at 12:26 am

Jen
    May 22, 2010 at 12:26 am

Loren
    May 22, 2010 at 4:09 am

Amen….oh to be like JOB!

Have a blessed weekend and I am glad you are feeling a bit better and happy you got your coffee!!! 🙂

Loren
    May 22, 2010 at 4:09 am

Amen….oh to be like JOB!

Loren
    May 22, 2010 at 4:09 am

Amen….oh to be like JOB!

Loren
    May 22, 2010 at 4:09 am

Amen….oh to be like JOB!

Janette@Janette's Sage
    May 22, 2010 at 1:16 pm

Thanks for stopping by my blog…I had commented on your blog post before and have prayed over your situation. We lost our house of 10 years, 28 years of equity…on and on, but we have survived. God is healing, restoring and moving us forward.
    There have been other large trials in our 30 years of marriage, and 26 years of parenting, but this was the one thing that really knocked me down.
    God's faithfulness and love…and as you read, a "frog" has been our strength.
    Blessings…you are in my prayers,
    Janette

Janette@Janette's Sage
    May 22, 2010 at 1:16 pm

God's faithfulness and love…and as you read, a "frog" has been our strength.
    Blessings…you are in my prayers,
    Janette

Janette@Janette's Sage
    May 22, 2010 at 1:16 pm

God's faithfulness and love…and as you read, a "frog" has been our strength.
    Blessings…you are in my prayers,
    Janette

Janette@Janette's Sage
    May 22, 2010 at 1:16 pm

God's faithfulness and love…and as you read, a "frog" has been our strength.
    Blessings…you are in my prayers,
    Janette

carissa @ lowercase letters
    May 22, 2010 at 2:11 pm

beautiful post! i love everything you said, and pray for those very same things. i'm always amazed, inspired and encouraged by job's faith. it's beautiful (although often painful) how the Lord refines our faith! – we can't have deep roots unless we've been refined by fire. what a beautiful picture!

carissa @ lowercase letters
    May 22, 2010 at 2:11 pm

carissa @ lowercase letters
    May 22, 2010 at 2:11 pm

carissa @ lowercase letters
    May 22, 2010 at 2:11 pm

Laura The Artist
    May 22, 2010 at 6:09 pm

Wow, Barbie, even when you feel "blah" you get some brilliant revelation. That is a cool wall hanging, which starbucks is it in? This was very inspirational, thanks for having the eyes of your heart open to see this.

Laura The Artist