36 In Faith

Running The Race With Joy

This was delivered to my in box this morning and I just had to share it with you.  Sometimes in this journey of life we get weary or just plain tired.  I know that I do.  We have been dealing with our house situation for over a year now and just this week I found myself saying, “I’m done.  I don’t want to even try anymore”.  But God has told me, “Don’t give up yet”.  And I ask, “Where will I find the strength to go on?”  And He says, “My JOY will be your strength”!

“The joy of the LORD is your strength.”
(Nehemiah 8:10)

When we find ourselves tiring along the path of life, we need to stop for a JOY refreshment.  It’s all about drinking from the water of life and eating of His word.  When I am rooted and grounded in Him, His joy will overflow in my life and then my problems aren’t so big anymore.  It is only by spending time in His presence where I will find true joy and as a result, the faith to continue to run.

Splendor and majesty are before him; strength and joy
in his dwelling place. (1 Chronicles 16:27)

You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. (Psalm 16:11)

So I run.  I continue on in this season of my life where there are moments of despair and worry.  Yet I trust.  I hope.  I continue to fix my eyes on the One who holds me in the palm of His hand and then I know everything will be okay.

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. (Romans 12:12)

Lea
    May 22, 2010 at 5:49 pm

Barbie, What a tremendous post! I have been feeling so overwhelmed in recent weeks due to a lot of stuff going on and I needed these words of wisdom from you today. I need to remember the ONE who is my joy and strength and can see me through anything. Blessings to you!

Lea
    May 22, 2010 at 5:49 pm

Lea
    May 22, 2010 at 5:49 pm

Lea
    May 22, 2010 at 5:49 pm

Charity
    May 22, 2010 at 7:10 pm

Barbie, THANK YOU so much. That was exactly what I needed to read. Big hugs!

Charity
    May 22, 2010 at 7:10 pm

Barbie, THANK YOU so much. That was exactly what I needed to read. Big hugs!

Charity
    May 22, 2010 at 7:10 pm

Barbie, THANK YOU so much. That was exactly what I needed to read. Big hugs!

Charity
    May 22, 2010 at 7:10 pm

Barbie, THANK YOU so much. That was exactly what I needed to read. Big hugs!

Julie@comehaveapeace
    May 22, 2010 at 7:17 pm

Oh, I would hope people would use joy to describe me, but I'm afraid it not be one of the first on the list. Great reminder of what God wants to characterize us and what He provides for us!

Julie@comehaveapeace
    May 22, 2010 at 7:17 pm

Julie@comehaveapeace
    May 22, 2010 at 7:17 pm

Julie@comehaveapeace
    May 22, 2010 at 7:17 pm

Camie
    May 22, 2010 at 7:29 pm

Wonderful! Ah to drink in God's goodness! Blessings to you!

Camie

Camie
    May 22, 2010 at 7:29 pm

Wonderful! Ah to drink in God's goodness! Blessings to you!

Camie

Camie
    May 22, 2010 at 7:29 pm

Wonderful! Ah to drink in God's goodness! Blessings to you!

Camie

Camie
    May 22, 2010 at 7:29 pm

Wonderful! Ah to drink in God's goodness! Blessings to you!

Camie

Patrice
    May 22, 2010 at 10:33 pm

Thanks for the post, just anther reminder to keep on keeping on!

Patrice
    May 22, 2010 at 10:33 pm

Thanks for the post, just anther reminder to keep on keeping on!

Patrice
    May 22, 2010 at 10:33 pm

Thanks for the post, just anther reminder to keep on keeping on!

Patrice
    May 22, 2010 at 10:33 pm

Thanks for the post, just anther reminder to keep on keeping on!

Debbie
    May 23, 2010 at 9:42 am

I subscribe to Joyful 'toons also. I love them and they so perfectly illustrate many truths.

Blessings and love,
    Debbie

Debbie
    May 23, 2010 at 9:42 am

Blessings and love,
    Debbie

Debbie
    May 23, 2010 at 9:42 am

Blessings and love,
    Debbie

Debbie
    May 23, 2010 at 9:42 am

Blessings and love,
    Debbie

Wylie @ Shout A Joyful Noise!
    May 24, 2010 at 1:31 am

You just know I'm loving this!
    Wylie

Wylie @ Shout A Joyful Noise!
    May 24, 2010 at 1:31 am

You just know I'm loving this!
    Wylie

Wylie @ Shout A Joyful Noise!
    May 24, 2010 at 1:31 am

You just know I'm loving this!
    Wylie

Wylie @ Shout A Joyful Noise!
    May 24, 2010 at 1:31 am

You just know I'm loving this!
    Wylie

Holly Renee
    May 24, 2010 at 4:12 am

It's so true, we all need some joy sometimes! I hope to be that lady passing the joy out for others at times too!!

Holly Renee
    May 24, 2010 at 4:12 am

Holly Renee
    May 24, 2010 at 4:12 am

Holly Renee
    May 24, 2010 at 4:12 am

Sonya Schroeder
    May 24, 2010 at 2:51 pm

This is so true Barbie. I think we all get caught up in this. Seeking Him is the only way through. Thanks for the reminder!!

Thanks for stopping by today. I look forward to getting to know you as well. Yes my kids are 19,12 & 7 and wanting one more!!

Have a blessed day