Running The Race With Joy

This was delivered to my in box this morning and I just had to share it with you.  Sometimes in this journey of life we get weary or just plain tired.  I know that I do.  We have been dealing with our house situation for over a year now and just this week I found myself saying, “I’m done.  I don’t want to even try anymore”.  But God has told me, “Don’t give up yet”.  And I ask, “Where will I find the strength to go on?”  And He says, “My JOY will be your strength”!

“The joy of the LORD is your strength.”
(Nehemiah 8:10)

When we find ourselves tiring along the path of life, we need to stop for a JOY refreshment.  It’s all about drinking from the water of life and eating of His word.  When I am rooted and grounded in Him, His joy will overflow in my life and then my problems aren’t so big anymore.  It is only by spending time in His presence where I will find true joy and as a result, the faith to continue to run.

Splendor and majesty are before him; strength and joy
in his dwelling place. (1 Chronicles 16:27)

You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. (Psalm 16:11)

So I run.  I continue on in this season of my life where there are moments of despair and worry.  Yet I trust.  I hope.  I continue to fix my eyes on the One who holds me in the palm of His hand and then I know everything will be okay.

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. (Romans 12:12)

1. Lea says:

Barbie, What a tremendous post! I have been feeling so overwhelmed in recent weeks due to a lot of stuff going on and I needed these words of wisdom from you today. I need to remember the ONE who is my joy and strength and can see me through anything. Blessings to you!

2. Lea says:

3. Lea says:

4. Lea says:

5. Charity says:

Barbie, THANK YOU so much. That was exactly what I needed to read. Big hugs!

6. Charity says:

Barbie, THANK YOU so much. That was exactly what I needed to read. Big hugs!

7. Charity says:

Barbie, THANK YOU so much. That was exactly what I needed to read. Big hugs!

8. Charity says:

Barbie, THANK YOU so much. That was exactly what I needed to read. Big hugs!

9. Julie@comehaveapeace says:

Oh, I would hope people would use joy to describe me, but I'm afraid it not be one of the first on the list. Great reminder of what God wants to characterize us and what He provides for us!

10. Julie@comehaveapeace says:

11. Julie@comehaveapeace says:

12. Julie@comehaveapeace says:

13. Camie says:

Wonderful! Ah to drink in God's goodness! Blessings to you!

Camie

14. Camie says:

Wonderful! Ah to drink in God's goodness! Blessings to you!

Camie

15. Camie says:

Wonderful! Ah to drink in God's goodness! Blessings to you!

Camie

16. Camie says:

Wonderful! Ah to drink in God's goodness! Blessings to you!

Camie

17. Patrice says:

Thanks for the post, just anther reminder to keep on keeping on!

18. Patrice says:

Thanks for the post, just anther reminder to keep on keeping on!

19. Patrice says:

Thanks for the post, just anther reminder to keep on keeping on!

20. Patrice says:

Thanks for the post, just anther reminder to keep on keeping on!

21. Debbie says:

I subscribe to Joyful 'toons also. I love them and they so perfectly illustrate many truths.

Blessings and love,
    Debbie

22. Debbie says:

Blessings and love,
    Debbie

23. Debbie says:

Blessings and love,
    Debbie

24. Debbie says:

Blessings and love,
    Debbie

25. Wylie @ Shout A Joyful Noise! says:

You just know I'm loving this!
    Wylie

26. Wylie @ Shout A Joyful Noise! says:

You just know I'm loving this!
    Wylie

27. Wylie @ Shout A Joyful Noise! says:

You just know I'm loving this!
    Wylie

28. Wylie @ Shout A Joyful Noise! says:

You just know I'm loving this!
    Wylie

29. Holly Renee says:

It's so true, we all need some joy sometimes! I hope to be that lady passing the joy out for others at times too!!

30. Holly Renee says:

31. Holly Renee says:

32. Holly Renee says:

33. Sonya Schroeder says:

This is so true Barbie. I think we all get caught up in this. Seeking Him is the only way through. Thanks for the reminder!!

Thanks for stopping by today. I look forward to getting to know you as well. Yes my kids are 19,12 & 7 and wanting one more!!

Have a blessed day