36 In family

The Door Of Transition

Transition…..
the process or a period of changing from one
state or condition to another.

This morning as I was getting ready for church the Lord began to speak to me about this next season of my life and the period of transition that we are in as a family.  If you’ve been reading my blog lately, you know that our family is having to move.  Even though I have been overwhelmed by the magnitude of the tasks that I face each day with packing, looking for a place to live, and selling our current home, the Lord has been so faithful!  Through it all, I am at rest and have so much peace.  This doesn’t mean that I don’t have moments where I freak out in the flesh.  But my soul is at rest.  Even though this is a very unfortunate situation for our family, I know that God is in it and that it all will work out.

And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. (Romans 8:28-NLT)

In my quiet time this morning (all 10 minutes of it while I was getting the kids ready for church!), the Lord showed me a picture of a door.  The door was old and it was closed.  But I noticed that the door was surrounded by LIFE.  There were green vines and shrubs growing all around it and on it, as well as bright blossoms. The Lord told me, “This is the door of transition”.  Our family is in a period of transition and things as we know it are about to change.  The home that we have lived in for 16 years, raised our children in, and that my husband’s handiwork is displayed in, is no longer ours.  I could choose to remain sad and stay stuck in a place of hopelessness.  But rather I will choose to rejoice, knowing that God sees the end from the beginning, and that HIS handiwork will be displayed wherever we go!

So I welcome this season of transition.  It is no surprise to me that the door that I saw in the picture the Lord gave me was closed.  I have two choices.  I can choose to remain outside the door, gazing at the beauty of life sprouting up all around me, or I can choose to open the door and step through into my season of transition.  The Lord has shown me that there is Life and New Things that await me on the other side.  The Lord promised that I will see His Goodness!  So I am stepping in!

(This is a painting I did a while back called “Stepping In”.
I thought it was fitting.)
I will be busy packing this week.  We signed papers to sell our home over the weekend (the very first people who came to look at it made a very generous offer).  Please pray that our lender will accept their offer.  I will also be diligently looking for a place to rent.  We have very few requests – 4 bedroom, two living spaces (living room and family room) and rent below $2,000/month.  Just so you know how to pray!

Blessings my dear friends!

Adoption Mama
    June 7, 2010 at 10:40 am

Whatever the transition is that God brings each of us through, it is His peace that never leaves. It passes all understanding. It keeps us stayed on Him…

I'll be praying as you go through this transition.

Adoption Mama
    June 7, 2010 at 10:40 am

I'll be praying as you go through this transition.

Adoption Mama
    June 7, 2010 at 10:40 am

I'll be praying as you go through this transition.

Adoption Mama
    June 7, 2010 at 10:40 am

I'll be praying as you go through this transition.

Beth in NC
    June 7, 2010 at 11:15 am

Hi Beautiful! I will definitely be praying. I can't imagine how it would feel to leave a home of sweet memories, but you're right — God has GOOD THINGS in store for you! He does NEW THINGS in our life and is always bringing us out of our comfort zones.

I'll pray for you right now.

Love,
    Beth

Beth in NC
    June 7, 2010 at 11:15 am

I'll pray for you right now.

Love,
    Beth

Beth in NC
    June 7, 2010 at 11:15 am

I'll pray for you right now.

Love,
    Beth

Beth in NC
    June 7, 2010 at 11:15 am

I'll pray for you right now.

Love,
    Beth

Heidi
    June 7, 2010 at 12:59 pm

Great post, Barbie. In the past, I've always dreaded the thought of having to move. Of late, though, I feel like maybe God is softening my heart for a possible move – I guess we never know what's coming and I'm trying to keep an open mind. Your post was so nice! I will be praying that you find just the right place to move.

Lea
    June 7, 2010 at 12:59 pm

Barbie, what a beautiful entry and what a blessing it has been to me this morning. May the Lord continue to give you peace as you "walk through the doors" of your life at this time. He'll be waiting with open arms on the other side. Rich blessings to you as you go through this move. Thanks for sharing!

Heidi
    June 7, 2010 at 12:59 pm

Lea
    June 7, 2010 at 12:59 pm

Heidi
    June 7, 2010 at 12:59 pm

Lea
    June 7, 2010 at 12:59 pm

Heidi
    June 7, 2010 at 12:59 pm

Lea
    June 7, 2010 at 12:59 pm

Erin @ Closing Time
    June 7, 2010 at 2:34 pm

Our family has been in a difficult transition over the past couple of months. The Lord is so faithful to provide His rest in the midst of it, and we know that His plans for us are good! Thanks for sharing this! Praying for you to quickly find your new home!

Erin @ Closing Time
    June 7, 2010 at 2:34 pm

Erin @ Closing Time
    June 7, 2010 at 2:34 pm

Erin @ Closing Time
    June 7, 2010 at 2:34 pm

Rachel
    June 7, 2010 at 5:10 pm

Beautiful post, Barbie.

I am praying for you.

(and I wish I could blog today…blogger is down for me. Sigh…)

Rachel

Rachel
    June 7, 2010 at 5:10 pm

Beautiful post, Barbie.

I am praying for you.

(and I wish I could blog today…blogger is down for me. Sigh…)

Rachel

Rachel
    June 7, 2010 at 5:10 pm

Beautiful post, Barbie.

I am praying for you.

(and I wish I could blog today…blogger is down for me. Sigh…)

Rachel

Rachel
    June 7, 2010 at 5:10 pm

Beautiful post, Barbie.

I am praying for you.

(and I wish I could blog today…blogger is down for me. Sigh…)

Rachel

Lindsay
    June 7, 2010 at 5:23 pm

Oh, I didn't know this, Barbie! We just moved not even a year ago, and I know the transition can be hard. I'll be praying for y'all!

~ Love,

Lindsay
    June 7, 2010 at 5:23 pm

~ Love,
    Lindsay

Miki
    June 7, 2010 at 5:24 pm

I will be praying for you! I know firsthand how amazing our God is in times of uncertainty and change. The door sounds exciting! God has neat things in store for you all. I eagerly anticipate your upcoming testimonies of what He has done! Miki

Miki
    June 7, 2010 at 5:24 pm

Miki
    June 7, 2010 at 5:24 pm

Miki
    June 7, 2010 at 5:24 pm

Faith
    June 7, 2010 at 6:48 pm

This is such a beautiful post! I love it when God speaks to us about the season of life He has us in! I'm so glad that you have been experiencing His peace – He is SO faithful!!

Faith