36 In Faith

A Lump Of Clay

Do you ever feel like a lump of clay?  I’ve been feeling a little like that these days.  You see, God didn’t just fashion me in my mother’s womb, but He continues to fashion me, to mold me and shape me into His image.  God has really been speaking to me about many things over the last week, and it’s a little overwhelming.  And I feel as if I’ve been wrestling in my heart a little bit with some things. I know His ways are best, but I haven’t fully yielded my heart in these areas. I want to hang onto these things, afraid that if I let go, I will never see them again.  But then He comes, ever so gently, and speaks to my heart, and reminds me that His ways are higher than my ways, and His thoughts are higher than my thoughts (Isaiah 55:9), and that He will take care of my heart. It’s a vulnerable place, uncomfortable.  And it hurts sometimes, at first.  What will He ask me to do while I am on the Potter’s Wheel?  What will He ask me to lay down? Will my dreams die on the Potter’s Wheel?  Am I willing to allow Him to take my weakness, my unformed, imperfect state, and place it in His hands.  Do I trust Him enough to know that the outcome will be greater than what I could have imagined?

We are never complete, as long as we walk this earth.  God is always refining us, molding us and shaping us more into His image.  Just when we think we may have arrived at our destination, He looks at us, sees our imperfections and says, “I can fix that, if she will allow me to”.  So we yield.  We say YES, even if it’s a weak YES.  And so He comes in His gentleness and reduces us once again to that lump of clay and places us ever so gently on the Potter’s Wheel, where we are lovingly molded and shaped again for His purposes in the hands of the Master Potter.

I found this awesome video to share with you.  The song playing is called, The Potter’s Hand by Darlene Zschech.  This is a beautiful illustration of a potter molding and shaping a lump of clay for an intended purpose.

Today I am choosing to yield my heart and my imperfections into the hands of the Master Potter.  He has promised me He will care for my heart.  Even though I am a little unsure of what the end result will be, but I am trusting that God’s purpose in me will be displayed in greater ways.

And yet, O Lord, you are our Father. We are the clay, and you are the potter. We all are formed by your hand. (Isaiah 64:8)

Beth in NC
    July 11, 2010 at 10:57 am

Beautiful Barbie. I want to yield everything too.

Bless you friend!

Beth in NC
    July 11, 2010 at 10:57 am

Beautiful Barbie. I want to yield everything too.

Bless you friend!

Beth in NC
    July 11, 2010 at 10:57 am

Beautiful Barbie. I want to yield everything too.

Bless you friend!

Beth in NC
    July 11, 2010 at 10:57 am

Beautiful Barbie. I want to yield everything too.

Bless you friend!

Elizabeth Rose
    July 11, 2010 at 11:36 am

Barbie, that was deep. 🙂 Very, very lovely post, and so true!

In Christ,
    Lizzy Rose

Elizabeth Rose
    July 11, 2010 at 11:36 am

Barbie, that was deep. 🙂 Very, very lovely post, and so true!

In Christ,
    Lizzy Rose

Elizabeth Rose
    July 11, 2010 at 11:36 am

Barbie, that was deep. 🙂 Very, very lovely post, and so true!

In Christ,
    Lizzy Rose

Elizabeth Rose
    July 11, 2010 at 11:36 am

Barbie, that was deep. 🙂 Very, very lovely post, and so true!

In Christ,
    Lizzy Rose

Paula
    July 11, 2010 at 6:38 pm

"Just when we think we may have arrived at our destination, He looks at us, sees our imperfections and says, "I can fix that, if she will allow me to". So we yield."…this really spoke to my heart. I can so relate to this post dear one. (((hugs)))

Paula
    July 11, 2010 at 6:38 pm

Paula
    July 11, 2010 at 6:38 pm

Paula
    July 11, 2010 at 6:38 pm

Connie Arnold
    July 11, 2010 at 8:54 pm

I do often feel like a lump of clay. Thankfully God is a gentle potter who can mold us into something much better! Thank you for the encouraging post!

Connie Arnold
    July 11, 2010 at 8:54 pm

Connie Arnold
    July 11, 2010 at 8:54 pm

Connie Arnold
    July 11, 2010 at 8:54 pm

Dena E's Blog
    July 12, 2010 at 1:35 am

Hello and how special you are for leaving me the helpful info Sweetie.. This post is really cool, I have a few things I give to HIM but seem to always take em back too often..Like my worries,,I got a million of em… ;0)
    THANKS and Big hugs for the help..
    AND for your Always GREAT posts..
    Dena

Dena E's Blog
    July 12, 2010 at 1:35 am

THANKS and Big hugs for the help..
    AND for your Always GREAT posts..
    Dena

Dena E's Blog
    July 12, 2010 at 1:35 am

THANKS and Big hugs for the help..
    AND for your Always GREAT posts..
    Dena

Dena E's Blog
    July 12, 2010 at 1:35 am

THANKS and Big hugs for the help..
    AND for your Always GREAT posts..
    Dena

Janette@Janette's Sage
    July 13, 2010 at 8:39 pm

Awesome. One of my first post was on returning to the potter's wheel…that was the word God gave me for this year. I can say, I had no idea what it would mean, but I am enjoying His hands!
    Enjoyed reading it from your perspective…enjoy meeting Debbie and give her a hug for me,
    Janette

Janette@Janette's Sage
    July 13, 2010 at 8:39 pm

Janette

Janette@Janette's Sage
    July 13, 2010 at 8:39 pm

Janette

Janette@Janette's Sage
    July 13, 2010 at 8:39 pm

Janette

Meghan
    July 14, 2010 at 4:05 pm

Thanks for joining us at iFellowship today – we always love having you around. Can't wait to get to know you and your blog better.

Meghan

Meghan
    July 14, 2010 at 4:05 pm

Meghan

Meghan
    July 14, 2010 at 4:05 pm

Meghan

Meghan
    July 14, 2010 at 4:05 pm

Meghan

Deb Chitwood
    July 14, 2010 at 4:45 pm

I’m your newest follower from iFellowship! Beautiful post, song, and video! At age 54, I feel God molding me just as much as when I had children at home.

Deb Chitwood
    July 14, 2010 at 4:45 pm

Deb Chitwood
    July 14, 2010 at 4:45 pm

Deb Chitwood
    July 14, 2010 at 4:45 pm

Our Family
    July 14, 2010 at 8:47 pm

I am so glad God continues to work in us!
    Jessica

Our Family
    July 14, 2010 at 8:47 pm

I am so glad God continues to work in us!
    Jessica

Our Family
    July 14, 2010 at 8:47 pm

I am so glad God continues to work in us!
    Jessica

Our Family
    July 14, 2010 at 8:47 pm

I am so glad God continues to work in us!
    Jessica