32 In featured posts

Called By A New Name

This evening my girls were entertaining themselves with an App on my iPhone called, “What Does My Name Mean?” They were having a great time finding the meaning of their names, their siblings and friends. This got me thinking about my own name. By birth, I am “Barbara”, which means “Stranger”. …

To read more, visit me over at 5 Minutes for Faith today where I am the contributing writer. Make sure you leave a comment letting me know you stopped by, or you can leave one here as well!

Have a great day friends!

Kate
    July 14, 2010 at 9:25 am

Hi Barbie,

what a wonderful post! I had never actually thought about it. What a strange thought … to get a new name, but one that fully represents me. I sometimes think names have a certain power because I have noticed that a lot of people I know who share the same name are similar in other ways, as well. It is quite odd. But maybe that's just my imagination 😉 I haven't quite decided that yet.

Have a blessed day,
    Kate

P.S.: You mentioned Mexican recipes ^^ If you ever get a chance to type them up, I would love to try them! I love to cook so I am always open to new recipes. Thanks a lot for offering 🙂

Kate

July 14, 2010 at 9:25 am

Hi Barbie,

Have a blessed day,
    Kate

Hannah
    July 14, 2010 at 1:28 pm

I have an aunt (great aunt really, but we just call her our aunt) who has the same name as you! I like your name a lot, because it reminds me that we're "strangers" in this world, but someday, we'll be going to our home. 🙂

Hannah

Stuff could always be worse
    July 14, 2010 at 2:51 pm

Well I do hope you are not a stranger! 🙂
    kim

songskatesang
    July 14, 2010 at 3:45 pm

Good morning! Thank you so much for coming by!

I loved this post. What a lovely and amazing message! Have a wonderful day!

songskatesang
    July 14, 2010 at 3:45 pm

Good morning! Thank you so much for coming by!

I loved this post. What a lovely and amazing message! Have a wonderful day!

songskatesang
    July 14, 2010 at 3:45 pm

Good morning! Thank you so much for coming by!

I loved this post. What a lovely and amazing message! Have a wonderful day!

songskatesang
    July 14, 2010 at 3:45 pm

Good morning! Thank you so much for coming by!

I loved this post. What a lovely and amazing message! Have a wonderful day!

Dena E's Blog
    July 14, 2010 at 10:39 pm

Barbie,,,so happy you are able to see the crosses tooo. So far out of 7 comments, you and Christie Cottage saw what I did…I was just stunned after taking the series of pics, it wasn't until I looked at the pic that I had taken that I could see the cross image..So I then took 3 more in a row..It was sooooo empowering for us ..
    Always appreciate your notes and time you take visiting me..
    It means alot!!!
    Blessings and Hugs Dena

Dena E's Blog
    July 14, 2010 at 10:39 pm

Always appreciate your notes and time you take visiting me..
    It means alot!!!
    Blessings and Hugs Dena

Dena E's Blog
    July 14, 2010 at 10:39 pm

Always appreciate your notes and time you take visiting me..
    It means alot!!!
    Blessings and Hugs Dena

Dena E's Blog
    July 14, 2010 at 10:39 pm

Always appreciate your notes and time you take visiting me..
    It means alot!!!
    Blessings and Hugs Dena

Latte Mama
    July 15, 2010 at 7:26 am

Your post at 5 Minutes was thought provoking. I remember growing up not liking my name too much. But now I'm used to it, and love it when my nephews mispronounce it, ibby 🙂

Latte Mama
    July 15, 2010 at 7:26 am

Latte Mama
    July 15, 2010 at 7:26 am

Latte Mama
    July 15, 2010 at 7:26 am

V
    July 15, 2010 at 8:55 am

Hey Barbie!!
    I just wanted to say I've been following you on my mobile for a while, and i now have chance to actually FOLLOW YOU properly and thanks for your blog. O i love reading it!!
    I have made you blog of the week and here's the link:

July 15, 2010 at 8:55 am

Hey Barbie!!
    I have made you blog of the week and here's the link:

I will be following you so watch out for me and my comments 😉

Rachel
    July 16, 2010 at 3:07 pm

As usual— wonderful insight, my dear friend!

Rachel
    July 16, 2010 at 3:07 pm

As usual— wonderful insight, my dear friend!

Rachel
    July 16, 2010 at 3:07 pm

As usual— wonderful insight, my dear friend!

Rachel
    July 16, 2010 at 3:07 pm

As usual— wonderful insight, my dear friend!