Called By A New Name

This evening my girls were entertaining themselves with an App on my iPhone called, “What Does My Name Mean?” They were having a great time finding the meaning of their names, their siblings and friends. This got me thinking about my own name. By birth, I am “Barbara”, which means “Stranger”. …

To read more, visit me over at 5 Minutes for Faith today where I am the contributing writer. Make sure you leave a comment letting me know you stopped by, or you can leave one here as well!

Have a great day friends!

1. Kate says:

Hi Barbie,

what a wonderful post! I had never actually thought about it. What a strange thought … to get a new name, but one that fully represents me. I sometimes think names have a certain power because I have noticed that a lot of people I know who share the same name are similar in other ways, as well. It is quite odd. But maybe that's just my imagination 😉 I haven't quite decided that yet.

Have a blessed day,
    Kate

P.S.: You mentioned Mexican recipes ^^ If you ever get a chance to type them up, I would love to try them! I love to cook so I am always open to new recipes. Thanks a lot for offering 🙂

2. Kate says:

Hi Barbie,

Have a blessed day,
    Kate

3. Kate says:

Hi Barbie,

Have a blessed day,
    Kate

4. Kate says:

Hi Barbie,

Have a blessed day,
    Kate

5. Hannah says:

I have an aunt (great aunt really, but we just call her our aunt) who has the same name as you! I like your name a lot, because it reminds me that we're "strangers" in this world, but someday, we'll be going to our home. 🙂

6. Hannah says:

Well I do hope you are not a stranger! 🙂
    kim

12. Stuff could always be worse says:

Well I do hope you are not a stranger! 🙂
    kim

13. songskatesang says:

Good morning! Thank you so much for coming by!

I loved this post. What a lovely and amazing message! Have a wonderful day!

14. songskatesang says:

Good morning! Thank you so much for coming by!

I loved this post. What a lovely and amazing message! Have a wonderful day!

15. songskatesang says:

Good morning! Thank you so much for coming by!

I loved this post. What a lovely and amazing message! Have a wonderful day!

16. songskatesang says:

Good morning! Thank you so much for coming by!

I loved this post. What a lovely and amazing message! Have a wonderful day!

17. Dena E's Blog says:

Barbie,,,so happy you are able to see the crosses tooo. So far out of 7 comments, you and Christie Cottage saw what I did…I was just stunned after taking the series of pics, it wasn't until I looked at the pic that I had taken that I could see the cross image..So I then took 3 more in a row..It was sooooo empowering for us ..
    Always appreciate your notes and time you take visiting me..
    It means alot!!!
    Blessings and Hugs Dena

18. Dena E's Blog says:

Always appreciate your notes and time you take visiting me..
    It means alot!!!
    Blessings and Hugs Dena

19. Dena E's Blog says:

Always appreciate your notes and time you take visiting me..
    It means alot!!!
    Blessings and Hugs Dena

20. Dena E's Blog says:

Always appreciate your notes and time you take visiting me..
    It means alot!!!
    Blessings and Hugs Dena

21. Latte Mama says:

Your post at 5 Minutes was thought provoking. I remember growing up not liking my name too much. But now I'm used to it, and love it when my nephews mispronounce it, ibby 🙂

22. Latte Mama says:

23. Latte Mama says:

24. Latte Mama says:

25. V says:

Hey Barbie!!
    I just wanted to say I've been following you on my mobile for a while, and i now have chance to actually FOLLOW YOU properly and thanks for your blog. O i love reading it!!
    I have made you blog of the week and here's the link:

I will be following you so watch out for me and my comments 😉

28. V says:

Hey Barbie!!
    I have made you blog of the week and here's the link:

I will be following you so watch out for me and my comments 😉

29. Rachel says:

As usual— wonderful insight, my dear friend!

30. Rachel says:

As usual— wonderful insight, my dear friend!

31. Rachel says:

As usual— wonderful insight, my dear friend!

32. Rachel says:

As usual— wonderful insight, my dear friend!