18 In family

Acts of Kindness

(Photo courtesy of Heart and Soul Reflections.)

The generous soul will be made rich,
and he who waters will also be watered himself.

(Proverbs 11:25)

I have shared openly and honestly on my blog over the last couple of months about the fact that we had to sell our home and move.  I never did it with the intention of receiving anything in return other than prayer.  So many have prayed us through and we are forever grateful.  I absolutely love my blogging community and am so thankful for the many friends I’ve made.  We praise God that we found a suitable rental home.  Moving has put a huge financial strain on an already strained bank account.  But God has been so very faithful to put our family on the hearts of people who have been able to step out and assist us when we least expected it.

A couple of days after we moved,  I had to meet the realtor for the buyer and an appraiser over at our old house.  The appraiser was smitten with my 10-year old daughter who I took with me.  He kept asking her about school.  Kaylie was explaining that she had to go to a new school because she had to move.  The man was moved by our story and kept telling us how sorry he was.  I assured him that we trusted God and that we believed He would take care of us.  To make a long story short, as they were leaving the appraiser said he wanted to give my daughter a “back-to school” gift.  He reached in his pocket and handed her a $20 bill.  I tried to tell him it wasn’t necessary, but he wouldn’t hear of it.  My daughter was so happy.  She told me she was going to buy a new pair of Vans and that mommy would only have to chip in a little bit.  As we were walking out the door, the appraiser asked the realtor if she had given Kaylie her back to school give yet.  She then reached in her pocket and handed Kaylie what I thought was a $10 bill.  But as I looked again, what I saw shocked me.  It was $100!  I asked Kaylie to give me the money and I followed the gal outside.  I told her that there must have been some mistake.  But she assured me that there was no mistake.  I asked Kaylie if I could take the $100 and buy groceries. She did not hesitate.  These were two people who we do not know other than the fact they were on the other side of our home sale.  I was completely blown away.

This past Sunday in church, we had a family that we know gift us $100.  They told us they wanted to assist us with all the moving expenses we had incurred.  This again came at a time when our money had been pretty much depleted. Again, I was blown away.

Today, after I shared my “Miscellany Monday” post, a fellow blogger contacted me to offer to assist me in getting some gently used uniforms for my children from a local used uniform closet.  I was so moved, as I was only able to buy 2 pair of pants and 2 shirts for each of my kids.  Again, God laid it on this person’s heart to help.

I am so thankful for a God who meets our needs exactly when we need them.  I posted a Facebook status today that said,

“I may not have everything that I want, but I always have everything that I need”.
In this season of my life, I am truly beginning to see and understand that God takes care of every need.  He is always timely. I am realizing how very much He loves me and wants to take care of me.

Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?  (Matthew 6:26)
on Saturday our van broke down.  It’s going to take about $300-400 to get it repaired, but I have such great confidence now more than ever that God is going to provide.  He is faithful.  He does not continue to provide for me because I deserve it.  It’s who He is.

He is the Faithful One.
He is the Giver of all good things.
He is Jehovah Jirah, My Provider.

I pray that God will look down from Heaven on those who have blessed us over the last few weeks and return to them 100 fold what they’ve given to us.  I pray that God would open up the flood gates of Heaven over them and rain down His blessings!  I cannot think you enough for your acts of kindness.  We are truly grateful.

Kristi
    September 14, 2010 at 11:25 am

All things work together for the good and He is glorified, when we let Him work, in the process! Keep shining for Him. He sees and He knows…and He is all sufficient! Keep looking up child, your Deliverer can do the impossible! Our Rachel is living proof!

Theresa
    September 14, 2010 at 11:58 am

That is so wonderful!

Michelle (michabella)
    September 14, 2010 at 12:01 pm

That is so amazing! God is so good! <333

Cherie
    September 14, 2010 at 1:28 pm

Barbie, I am so moved by the situation your family is in. We can relate to your stress. Several years ago we had to visit our church's food pantry. It was a very humbling experience, but God continued to provide for us in ways we never could have planned.

I am so excited to see how He is growing your faith through these trials.

God bless!

Latte Mama
    September 14, 2010 at 1:56 pm

Awesome Barbie! You're so right, God always provides! Thanks for sharing your stories. Our God is an awesome God!

Patrice
    September 14, 2010 at 2:52 pm

Barbie- Stop by my blog for an award I have for you.
    Patrice

Adoption Mama
    September 14, 2010 at 6:53 pm

Barbie, There are so many times we have seen and felt God's faithfulness in our lives. We started a journal as a family a couple of years ago, starting with my husband and my conversion and listing every single thing that ever happened to us that was a picture of God's faithfulness. We go back to it and often read to increase our faith and help us to keep trusting.

Our God is so good.

Charis
    September 14, 2010 at 7:42 pm

what a great story and encouragement! we have had the Lord move on our behalf in similar ways the last couple weeks and it really stirs up faith. your story stirs my own faith again. thank you so much barbie for being vulnerable and sharing with us so that we can rejoice with you. God is so good!

NanaNor's
    September 14, 2010 at 8:18 pm

Dear Barbie, Isn't this just like our God, He so delights in blessing us and I think often we don't see Him in the blessings. I loved this post and your heart of gratitude.
    May He continue to rain down on you abundant and rich blessings.
    Hugs to you today.
    Noreen

DORCAS
    September 14, 2010 at 10:57 pm

Amen! God provides! He is so good!

~blessings
    Dorcas

Joan Davis
    September 15, 2010 at 1:06 am

God has provided manna from heaven for you – just what you need, right when you need it! Thank you for sharing your story. It touched my heart.

Living for Him, Joan

carissa @ lowercase letters
    September 15, 2010 at 2:51 am

amen- He is so faithful! i needed to read this… thanks for the reminder! we just got a notice that our mortgage will be going up ugh… so i'm stressing, but the Lord is reminding me to trust Him!

Stephanie M. Page
    September 15, 2010 at 5:10 am

Hi Friend, Praise our Faithful God. He truly is Jehovah Jireh our provider. When my hubby and i were missionaries there are more times than I can count when the money came in from all different places at what seemed like the last minute. I wouldn't go back and change the many months when we shouldn't have had enough, because I got to know My God like I never would have other wise. Our God is the God who Sees and provides. Praise His Name!!!!!

V
    September 16, 2010 at 5:03 am

That is just FLIPPEN AWESOME!!!!
    Should mail this to my mama. They trying to buy a house but dont qualify for much so its kinda difficult to find something decent for what they qualify!!!
    I keep sayin God will provide but think i am talkin to myself more

bp
    September 16, 2010 at 7:45 pm

Wow, how neat! Thanks for sharing this encouraging word of God's provision. That's just so great!! God is so good!

God bless,
    Bethany

Dee@ Prayer Shawl
    September 16, 2010 at 11:28 pm

Hi Barbie,
    Im new to your blog. I believe this is just a sneak peak of the provisions God has for you in your time of transition.

My family has been through many hard times over the years. Through all of them God has provided above all we could ask or think.

Stay encouraged and know that God has a plan ….

Jess
    September 17, 2010 at 10:04 pm

Hi Barbie,
    I'm new to your blog too.
    I was drawn by your beautiful button and background.
    Praising GOD with you over all the ways HE is providing.
    Thank you for encouraging us with your testimony!
    ((HUGS))

vickydublu
    September 20, 2010 at 2:37 pm

that is SO awesome! God is so amazing and has just the right timing. thank you for sharing. i'm so happy for you guys getting to SEE God's Hand at work in your lives and getting to share that with your children. this will really impact them in their lives!!