Perfect Parenting

I am featured over at 5 Minutes for Faith today, talking about “Perfect Parenting”.  Are you intriqued?  Here’s a little teaser:
I was never a nervous or controlling person growing up. I always thought of myself as pretty relaxed and down to earth.  Then I got married and had children.  When my children were small, I remember how every little thing concerning their young lives was such a huge deal. My life became rigorous and scheduled, as opposed to care free and spontaneous. As my children grew older, I became a very anxious and controlling person. It was not something I ever expected to be, it just was.
Won’t you stop over and read the rest of my post? I would love for you to leave a comment letting me know that you did.

1. Sydney says:

Read your post and your honesty is commended:)

2. Child of God says:

Hi Barbie,
    I am going to visit and read your post….sounds good!

<><

3. Child of God says:

Hi again Baribe,

Great post! I love your honesty and the way you write. I wonder if this controlling thing goes along with motherhood. I too was a very easy going carefree person until I started raising my kids. Then I became over concerend for them. I think some of it has to do with pride. 🙂
    Thanks for sharing.

<><

4. Laura The Artist says:

Barbie, I loved reading this – you may not be perfect (I am not perfect), but you are pretty amazing. Love ya!
    Laura

5. Beth in NC says:

I hopped over and left you a comment. Sista — I could have written that post myself! Yikes!

6. bp says:

I enjoyed your post tonight. This line really grabbed my attention…
    it is my responsibility to help my children become productive adults, not perfect human beings.

This really speaks to me right now and is very timely for me as a parent. I've realized that my son may make different choices than me, have different loves than me, excel in different areas than me, etc. but that doesn't make me love him any less or any less proud to be his Mom.

7. Miki says:

Thank you, Barbie, for such a timely reminder! As a recovering perfectionist ;-), I have to tell myself to relax and not make such a big deal out of everything. Crazy how small things seem to be SO important when the kids first come – until you hit the bigger challenges! Hugs, MIKI

8. Carolyn says: