10 In Faith

Constant In 2011

I am so excited to share with you the word and scripture that the Lord has spoken to my heart for 2011.

Constant
continual, persistent, sustained, unceasing, relentless.

When I think of this word, it reminds me of God, His Character.  He is the only thing, the only person, who is constant in my life.  He never changes.  He continually cares for me.  He persistently and relentlessly pursues me, even when my heart is not fully His.  He has sustained me through heartache.  His love for me is unceasing.  There are so many areas in my life where I need to be more constant, but none more so than in my relationship with God.  In 2011, I am making Him my focus.  This year, I am resolving to fix my attention on God.

I want to know Him.
I want to be fascinated by Him.
I want to be constant in my pursuit of Him,
as He is in His pursuit of me.

“Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.”
(Romans 12:12)

2010 was a rough year for my family.  My husband was unemployed off and on throughout the year, and we lost our home.  But God has been faithful to always provide for our every need.  We have had heartache, but we have learned to rejoice in the storm.  We have learned how to hope.  Not just the kind of hope that says “maybe”, but the kind of hope that reaches deep down into your soul and clings, with every ounce of strength, to the unknown goodness of the Lord.  The kind of hope that knows, beyond a doubt, that everything will work out, even though you cannot see.

We have learned to be patient in tribulation.  There were many times were we had become frustrated in the process, yet God has shown us how to wait on Him.  Patience is not something that comes easily for me. Especially when we would wait, take a step forward, wait again, then two steps back, and then everything fell apart.  Yet through it all, God was teaching us how to lean into Him, “being patient in our affliction”.

I am still learning how to be constant in prayer.  Sometimes, things just got too difficult, and believe it or not, prayer was what I lacked. But still, God was faithful. This year, I want to be constant in prayer. He has opened my eyes more this year to His faithfulness and His constant presence in my life.

I am looking forward with great anticipation to all that 2011 holds for me and my family.  I cannot say that it will be a year without trials, but I will continue to rejoice, have hope, be patient in tribulation, and especially, be constant in prayer! God is faithful and I know that everything will work out.

Do you have a verse, or word from the Lord for 2011 that you would like to share?  If not, there is still time to pray and ask for one!

Rachel
    January 2, 2011 at 1:34 pm

Excellent word, Barbie!! And such lovely and powerful thoughts to go with it.

Praying for you!!

Lisa Grace
    January 2, 2011 at 3:50 pm

I have to admit I love your word. Constant. It gives me so much to ponder!

My word this year is PURPOSE and my theme is to Walk Intentionally With Excellence. God is showing me that in all things there is a purpose … HE has one, and I should have one … and that I must be intentional and excellent in all I put my hand to: being a daughter of the King, a wife, a mom, a homemaker. No matter how mundane the task, it may be carried out purposefully and excellently.

Love your blog!

Child of God
    January 2, 2011 at 4:02 pm

I love, LOVE, looking at the Holy Spirit shining from you Barbie. He looks excited! I can really see He has huge plans for you and He is like a little kid all excited about it.
    This past year I have really focused on prayer even when that was the last thing I wanted to do. I decided that even if I don't feel like praying either from guilty feelings or whatever, this would be something I would do. When everthing thing looked totally hopeless, God came through. The more I saw Him working the more I searched Him out. I still have to force myself to pray especially when I have forgotten to pray and then the guilt of that settles on me but it is getting easier and easier everytime. Prayer is amazing and we really don't know the power of it until we step out in faith and trust Him.

God Bless in 2011,
    <><

Latte Mama
    January 2, 2011 at 5:41 pm

I love that verse, seems so fitting. Consistency is something I definitely struggle with, thanks for sharing.

Andrea
    January 2, 2011 at 9:35 pm

Beautiful, Barbie! I can't wait to see all the wonderful blessings God has in store for your faithfulness!

Jocelyn
    January 3, 2011 at 12:59 am

What a great word for the year…I am still deciding between two right now.

4 Blessings
    January 3, 2011 at 3:06 am

I just love your word for this year. I am looking forward to seeing the beauty God has planned for you this year.
    Blessings,
    Amy

Alece
    January 3, 2011 at 7:10 am

such a great word, barbie! constant. it makes me think of a life anchored securely in Him. not tossed about by the wind or the waves but remaining unmoved, solid in your footing and your foundation. incredible!

Bina
    January 4, 2011 at 5:20 am

amazing how one word can carry such depth and emotion. constant. that is a great word…praying you find Him in His full potential this year thru it!

Cherie
    January 6, 2011 at 2:07 am

Barbie, I love your word! You've been through so much, and I know God will count it all toward your faith. You've been so obedient to continue glorifying HIS name through it all!

Much like you, my word is FOCUS. Keeping my eyes on HIM.

Hugs!