17 In featured posts

5 Minutes For Faith & God’s Comforting Embrace

I am privileged to be a contributing writer for the 5 Minutes for Faith website.  If you haven’t visited them yet, I would encourage you to do so.  Here is a little bit about the site:

We hope and pray that you visit us not only to learn Biblical truth, but also to kick back for 5 minutes out of your day and meet some other great Christian women.

There are many great Bible study themed blogs out there, and it is not our desire to replace or over shadow any of them! We firmly believe that Christ is working mightily in the blogging world, and is using all of us!

Here at 5 Minutes for Faith, we strive to be a little different. Every day we all face struggles, disappointments and difficulties. We sometimes feel as if we are on our journey alone … that is where we want to make a difference in your day. We want to share God’s love and grace with you on the days when you need it the most.

So we invite you to join us daily and learn from our group of wonderful contributors (and guests) who will be offering you sound, Biblically based thoughts each day.

I have been encouraged as I’ve taken time out of my day to read the heartfelt posts from this amazing team of writers.  I always leave strengthened and encouraged.

Today, I am featured at 5 Minutes for Faith, talking about God’s comforting embrace.  Here’s a little excerpt:

It was a warm sunny day and my two younger children were playing outside.  I was just getting ready to sit down with a glass of Iced tea and a good book when my 10 year old daughter came in screaming.  I immediately ran to her side to see what had happened.  She told me there was a big splinter in her finger. I tried to look, but she wouldn’t let me.  I wanted to hold her, but she didn’t want me near her.  She turned and ran into the other room.  I wanted to see if I could pull the splinter out, but she yelled at me to go away.  It grieved my heart that she was hurting.  It grieved me even more that she wouldn’t allow me to comfort her.

I invite you to click here to read the rest of my post. While you are there, take a moment to browse around the site and grab a cup of comfort, grace, strength, peace and joy.  You will be glad you stopped by!

Katy
    April 28, 2011 at 12:15 pm

way to go! i’m excited to link over and read =)

Anonymous
      April 28, 2011 at 4:37 pm

It’s such a wonderful place to receive encouragement on the go! Have a blessed day.

Modern Domestication
    April 28, 2011 at 7:21 pm

Thanks. I totally need a reminder of that embrace. I actually posted a little bit about it in my last blog post. Hope you’ll stop by and read my late Easter post. Late on purpose. Praying you feel HIS embrace today and always!
    🙂 Heading over to read now…

Anonymous
      April 28, 2011 at 10:57 pm

Definately will. I am a little behind in reading my blog reader, but I will get there!

Tamara
    April 28, 2011 at 9:42 pm

Hey I wanted to let you know that I really enjoy your blog and I’ve chosen you for the Versatile Blogger Award! You can stop by http://hisperfectpromises.blogspot.com/ to pick it up. Have a blessed weekend!

Anonymous
      April 28, 2011 at 10:58 pm

Thank you Tamara! I will make sure to mention this on a future post!

Mandy Pfeiffer
    April 28, 2011 at 2:50 pm

Love your post over there today~ such a a humbling reminder! Thanks!

Anonymous
      April 28, 2011 at 4:37 pm

Thanks Mandy!

Traci Michele
    April 29, 2011 at 3:26 pm

I love your new blog look! Do you like wordpress? I’m scared to switch over. Also, how is your diet coming along? Last we chatted about it you were on a strict program. How’d it go?

<3 Traci @ Ordinary Inspirations

Anonymous
      April 30, 2011 at 8:15 am

Thanks Traci! I do love my new home on Word Press. I’ts a pain that I can’t tweak anything myself because I don’t how, but I really don’t want to mess too much with anything. If you have the right person move you it’s a piece of cake. My lady charged me $75 to move me over (paid extra to have a new design) and it was well worth it. I didn’t lose anyone (that I know of).

I lost about 17lbs. on the diet and have been off for about 3 weeks. I need to lose more weight and will probably go back on the strict diet within the next couple of months. Thanks for asking!

Have a blessed weekend!

Michelle Richards
    April 30, 2011 at 11:06 am

Such sweet words, thank you! I’m looking forward to reading more on 5 Minutes for Faith.

Anonymous
      May 2, 2011 at 6:15 am

Thanks Michelle! I know you will love the 5 Minutes for Faith site!

Lea
    April 30, 2011 at 9:03 pm

I’m always blessed by your postings! Thanks for your prayers during this time of our daughter and family moving. I have survived the first day and I will survive the rest too. :o) It’s just the initial adjustment that is hard. Blessings to you for a beautiful Lord’s Day tomorrow.

Anonymous
      May 2, 2011 at 6:16 am

I am assuming your daughter and her family arrived safely. I can imagine your emotions today. Praying for you!

Giftgiver2
    May 6, 2011 at 11:41 am

I cannot express to you just how inspiring, refreshing, and exciting it is to visit your blog and the ones that you share. Your list of thankfulness from your heart is so wonderful. Little blessings that become huge blessings in the midst of our somewhat ordinary days, blessed my heart as I read them. Thank you for allowing God and His Amazing Grace to touch my heart this morning. Coffee, friendship, and God’s Amazing Grace…what could be better!!!

Barbie Swihart
      May 6, 2011 at 5:56 pm

Thank you so much! I am thankful that you are blessed when you visit. Do you have a blog? I would love to visit you there.

The Frazzled Mom
    May 14, 2011 at 3:02 pm

Great post!  I just posted a similar story on my blog about how God wants to comfort us even though we often selfishly complain about our lives.  I’m amazed that his love is so intense for a sinner like me.  I think you’ll like the story.  5minutesforthefrazzledmom.blogspot.com