Awakening

I’ve been counting my gifts.

I have been purposeful in looking for them, even when I cannot see them.

I am learning that these gifts are not as much in the obvious as they are in the ordinary.

My heart is being awakened as I begin to see my life through new eyes.

I am learning how to cultivate gratitude.

My perspective about myself, my life and those around me is changing.

I am changing.

Grace gifts 71-85

71.  Health insurance.  Three members of my family have been to the doctor this week.
72.  Health.  So thankful my husband’s trip to the ER was not serious.
73.  Coffee creamer, found in the back of my refrigerator.  And it was still good!
74.  The smell of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies in the oven.
75.  The look of joy on my son’s face after receiving his first job interview.
76.  The delight I felt in my heart as I watched my daughter dance in the school talent show.
77.  The sound of the heater as I get up in the morning.
78.  Hot water for my shower.
79.  Blessings from friends.
80.  Listening to my daughter practice piano.  She is self taught.
81.  A couch that is not piled with folded laundry.
82.  A small flood in my laundry room, which allowed me to toss some things that have been on the floor too long.
83.  The constancy of the Lord and His love for me.
84.  Words that penetrate the heart and cause me to change.
85.  That God does not see my imperfections.

I am linking up today over at A Holy Experience.  Are you linking up?  Let me know so that I can visit you, or leave a comment here and tell me something you are thankful for today.

1. Unconditionally You says:

What a beautiful post! Such a wonderful reminder to look towards the things in life that are gifts and be thankful for them. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, I will consider them a gift to me today as they spur me to think of my own gifts in life.

2. Mandy says:

Love this post! I often make lists like this, and I love looking back and seeing things like your flooded laundry room… reminds me that my perspective needs to change to see God in everything. The phrase ‘cultivating gratitude’ comes to mind to help me know that it’s not always natural. Thanks for the perspective with my coffee today!

• Barbie says:

Thank you Mandy. I always love your encouragement! I am in a season of cultivating gratitude. I have a long ways to go. But I am getting there.

3. Rebecca says:

Seeing God in everything takes discipline and a willingness to look for Him. I love your list and what a beautiful flower budding on the tree. Such a sign of God’s beauty displayed for all to see. Thanks for stopping by the other day. We had a wonderful anniversary. Love the new look around here. I usually read from blogger reader. I love the phrase ‘cultivating gratitude’! Thanks for yet another good post.

4. Jen says:

I am beginning to learn that I can see the positives in the negatives and the positives are usually why God allows them to happen in the first place!

5. Joan says:

Mmmm. I can smell those cookies! I like #82 where you turned what could have been a bad situation into something good.

Blessings,
    Joan

• Barbie says:

We were so afraid our washer had broke. But despite a little inconvenience we are very grateful for the little flood.

6. Noreen says:

Hi Barbie, Love this post and like you I keep a Gratitude Journal. It makes us so aware of all the blessings from above. I love that more and more of His gifts are being poured out on His daughters and sons.
    Hugs today. Happy Spring.
    Noreen

7. Joan Davis says:

I especially like your #82…what a positive attitude! Thanks for sharing your list. I have so much to be thankful for. Today I am thankful for my husband picking me up from work. Carpooling is saving money during this expensive gas time!

8. Gregg Metcalf says:

I love your banner. This is such a beautiful site!

Gregg Metcalf
    Colossians 1:28-29

Gospel-driven Disciples

9. Carolyn says:

Yay your blog is working again, great post!

10. Sharlyn says:

Barb, Loved your post. Funny you should talk about being thankful today. That’s what I was expressing on my blog today also. Would love for you to join me.

11. Aleks says:

Beautiful picture, Barbie! I try to take a moment each day to think about how good my life is and how lucky we are. In the grand scheme of things, my little life annoyances are nothing! Happy Wednesday 🙂

12. Jessica R. says:

This is why I shouldn’t use my phone to write comments on a blog, massive grammatical errors! :0)

Here is what I meant to say!! :0)

WOW! What an amazing message! I truly know that a thankful heart is a happy one, so here is remembering to always being thankful! Today, I am most grateful for second chances and being unemployed! This down-time has allowed me to really grow in my relationship with the Lord, and I am so thankful that he is faithful!! Thank you for an amazing post!!

13. genny says:

Sooo beautiful, Barbie! Thank you for the reminder of ALL that I have to be thankful for.
    And I love your new blog look. What a tranquil, peaceful feeling everything has over here. Love it, love it!!!

Hugs to you, my friend,
    Genny 🙂

14. Dena E says:

Hey Gorgeous Sis,,, I’d been missing you…Hows everything ????
    LOVE your post here and the photo is beautiful… I’m sooooo deeply thankful for the refining God is doing in my heart and life…God and His Majesty,,,,He sooooo WOW’s me …
    Even on my down days, having a thankful mind and heart is the most refreshing thing…
    Thanks Sis for helping to lift us all with your GREAT posts…THANKS Oooodles … This really warmed my heart..May blessings and Love from God above be on you today and all week…Prayers and Hugs Dena
    You’re always a bright spot in my day!!!