15 In Faith

Grace Abounds

(Used with permission.)

Moreover the law entered that the offense might abound.
But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more.
(Romans 5:20)

Looking back to the cross and all that Christ did for me.  I am so thankful that God continues to pour out the grace that was so freely given to me on days when I feel I don’t deserve it.  He loves well, even though I am still learning how to love.  His grace is multiplied in my life when I mess up and this grace covers a multitude of sin.  As God continues to impart grace to me, I continue to find areas in my life where grace abounds.

“Grace comes into the soul, as the morning sun into the world; first a dawning, then a light; and at last the sun in his full and excellent brightness.”
-Thomas Adams (1612-1653)

Continuing to count:

96.  His death.
97.  An empty tomb.
98.  The promise of my salvation.
99.  Sharing Easter with unsaved family and talking freely about Jesus.
100.  Enjoying 9 infants and toddlers in the nursery at church while their parents enjoyed the service.
101.  The ability to ask forgiveness when I hurt my childrens’ feelings.
102.  The dishes, washed (again) by my loving husband.
103.  The laundry.  Still unfolded.  But clean.
104.  The conviction of the Holy Spirit today when I said I just needed peace.
105.  My 7 year old son who told me even though he loved his candy, he knew Easter was all about Jesus!
106.  Decorating cupcakes with candy pearls for my daughter’s birthday.
107.  The whisper of God that is louder than the voice of negative thoughts in my head.
108.  The grace to love the unlovely.
109.  The ability to kiss boo boos and make them all better.
110.  My precious first born daughter, who turns 20 today.

Isn’t she beautiful?

What are you thankful for today? I am linking up with a community of grace seekers over at A Holy Experience.  Why don’t you join me there?

Cyndispivey
    April 25, 2011 at 12:00 pm

Barbie you’re daughter is Beautiful!! I’m so thankful for grace and for all my Savior has done for me. What would I do without him???
    Blessings,

Adoption Mama
    April 25, 2011 at 12:41 pm

What a wonderful list of your gratitudes! And, yes, your daughter is beautiful!

Kristy K
    April 25, 2011 at 6:10 pm

Happy Birthday to your beautiful girl! And amen about God’s whisper!

Debbie
    April 25, 2011 at 8:48 pm

Oh my Barbie, your daughter is so beautiful! I love your thankful list. I never want to take God’s grace for granted. I love Laura’s photo. So glad I had the opportunity to meet her in person too. 🙂

Blessings and love,
    Debbie

charis
    April 25, 2011 at 9:44 pm

she is so beautiful! i love #99… such goodness. oh, and i am an expert at #101… i hope i learn to stop speaking harsh so i don’t have to ask forgiveness, but until then i will ask. blessings!

Anonymous
    April 25, 2011 at 10:33 pm

The gift of the Holy Spirit, amazing gift! #105… how precious. Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter!

sarah ann
    April 25, 2011 at 11:34 pm

You’re so wonderful, Barbie! 🙂 So glad to see you on Faith Blogs!

Anonymous
      April 26, 2011 at 1:25 am

Thank you Sarah Ann. I am so thankful I stumbled upon Faith Blogs. I have been so encouraged by visiting this awesome community of bloggers.

Lea
    April 26, 2011 at 1:04 am

Love your list and yes, your daughter is beautiful. Blessings for a joy filled week!

Janette Wright
    April 26, 2011 at 10:28 pm

Great list…wonderful and my only daughter turned 20 on Easter…God is good…all the time! Great post!

Janette Wright
    April 26, 2011 at 10:29 pm

What a wonderful list and post. My only daughter turned 20 on Easter…isn’t God good, all the time? Thanks for your list.

Wendi McCallum
    April 28, 2011 at 6:26 pm

A truly wonderful thankful list. – And I know I am very thankful for those who are willing to work in the nursery (even on holidays!) So that I can have some moments of peace and quiet to meditate on what God is saying to me on Sunday mornings!

Your daughter is gorgeous!

And lastly, I just wanted to say that your comments on my blog are always SO encouraging. 🙂

Anonymous
      April 28, 2011 at 10:59 pm

Your most welcome Wendi. Have a beautiful rest of the day!

lori
    April 28, 2011 at 6:30 pm

Barbie…THIS was simply beautiful…what an abundant life!! and yes, she is beautiful…and you momma must be so proud!! Gratitude…it works wonders.
    peace on the journey…