Hidden Grace

In my pursuit of grace, my heart sometimes grows weary and restless.  It should be easier now, to see this beauty that surrounds me.  But I have so far to go. There is something about beauty found in the midst of a weary and restless heart.   I continue to pray that God would open my eyes.

“Open them WIDE God, I want to SEE!”

My eyes gravitate to that which is colorful, meaningful and full of life.  Yet, I am beginning to understand that even the small amounts of dirt, the weeds that need to be pulled, the lapse of the brightness of color…even in all of this beauty can be found.

As God calls me into deeper places of intimacy with Him, there is the constant struggle between answering His call or turning away to tend to the cares of the world.  But yet it’s His grace, the very grace I am seeking after, that continues to beckon me to come.  My vision has been cloudy this past week, yet I continue to look.  I know it’s there. Perhaps I’ll find it among the many baskets of laundry needing to be folded, or at the bottom of the sink, underneath piles of dirty dishes.  Or perhaps in the yard, at the bottom of the grass that is too high.  Life seemed routine and mundane this week.  My heart is restless.  I cry out to God to come and rescue me.  And He responds,

“Peace Be Still”.

Slowing down, I continue to seek:

Grace gifts 85-95

85.  Organizational help from a friend.  Not my strong point.
86.  Financial blessing.
87.  Breakfast dishes left behind by my children.  Plates are empty.  Their stomachs full.
88.  The peace of God upon a restless heart.
89.  Birds chirping outside my window.
90.  The hope of more work for my husband.
91.  A recent extension on the unemployment.  Thank you Jesus!
92.  Laughter with friends.
93.  Hugs with my big girl, turning 20 next Monday!
94.  That He came, died and rose again.  Such grace I cannot comprehend.
95.  The sun shining through the clouds.  He is there, in the midst of the storm.

1. Joan Davis says:

One of the beautiful things to be found in a “tired and weary heart” is the beauty when that heart turns to God for their strength! Love your list of thanks, too!

Blessings, Joan

2. Courtney @ The Mommy Matters says:

I am right there with you on your prayer for an open heart and an ability to REALLY SEE the world God has placed us in. Beautiful!

3. Thank you for reminding me to be grateful in ALL things.

4. charis says:

i am with you! sometimes it is so easy to be distracted by the worries and cares of this life, but in focusing on Him i get grace for all that needs to be done.

i especially connect with #88.
    charis recently posted..consumed

5. Chelsea says:

Ah! I loved this post. Fresh water to my soul 🙂
    Saying a prayer for you!

6. Nena says:

I love your Multitude Monday posts and your Grace Lists! Yes, Thank you Jesus for extended unemployment (mine was extended today as well)!!!
    BTW, Congrats on being featured on Faith Blogs! Your “little ‘ol blog” is an awesome blog and you deserve all the recognition! You are a very talented blogger, my friend!!! And thanks for leading me to Faith Blogs!
    Blessings, Nena~

7. Beautiful! I love your #95. He is always there. We just can’t always see Him. Blessings to you my friend!

8. Jennifer says:

Beautiful post! And such a great list of gifts. A helping friends… fantastic! Happy to hear #90. And #94… such a gift and you are so right, grace I can not comprehend. Beautiful!

9. tanya says:

Hi! I’m following you from Mom Monday’s blog hop!
    I hope you visit me and return the follow:0)

10. Jill says:

He is ever faithful and true. Praying for you and for God’s love to wash over you today.
    Love reading your posts-they lift my spirit.
    Hugs
    Jill

11. Joan says:

Barbie – God is proving Himself as Jehovah Jireh during this time. I’m thankful for your financial blessing and the unemployment extension. I know how trying a time like this can be.

Blessings,
    Joan

12. Chelsea says:

Good morning lovely lady!
    I tagged you for an award over on my blog today; check it out 🙂

• Anonymous says:

Thank you Chelsea! You are so sweet. I will make sure to make mention of this on my blog soon! Blessings to you.

13. Steph says:

When looking for beauty it is so good to look to God himself for he is always beautiful! I love love your honesty Barbie, I always feel like I am in your kitchen. Thanks so much for being genuine!

14. Kristy K says:

“As God calls me into deeper places of intimacy with Him, there is the constant struggle between answering His call or turning away to tend to the cares of the world. ”

Yes!!! My heart has been right there lately…. the cares of the world, of this home and family and church and life, seem so great right now. It’s hard to be still with Him.

Beautifully said! Thank you!

• Anonymous says:

Thanks Kristy. Some days its a real struggle. I wish I could say I always choose God first. Learning to balance is so had sometimes. But there is GRACE!

15. Debbie says:

I love your thankful list Barbie! We are blessed in so many ways even when there are challenges. I know it helps me to focus on the small blessings I might otherwise take for granted.

Hugs,
    Debbie

• Anonymous says:

Thanks friend! I am learning that those hard times give me a greater yearning for His presence. Have a beautiful day.

16. Lea says:

Love, love this list today! You always inspire me! Special Easter blessings to you!

17. Jennifer says:

Organizational help from a friend sounds like a huge blessing. And your #95- Yes. God there with us, knowing that in the storms keeps me going.

18. cheryl @ finding the beauty says:

Beautiful post, Barbie. Thank you for sharing.

19. Jami says:

OF friend, I needed this today! I’m having Mommy guilt over being sick and only noticing all the things I haven’t done around the house. I’m gonna stop today and look for the blessings. Thanks you!

• Anonymous says:

I know this feeling Jamie. So many times I strive for perfection. God is teaching me to slow down and to “take it easy on myself”. It is He who gives us strength. Praying you have an amazing day!

20. Genny Heikka says:

I love this, Barbie!

By the way, I just downloaded Ann’s book (finally!) to my Nook and am on page 29…. and loving it!!!!

• Anonymous says:

Isn’t the book amazing? I’ve had it for a while but am reading rather slowly. I’m mid-way through chapter 3. I find that I have to stop, reflect, reread, reflect, etc. It has really opened my eyes to what “real beauty” is and the little grace gifts that are all around me.

21. Katy says:

oh i love how you’ve taken the counting gifts and started looking at them in terms of grace…makes me wonder if i can do that with my word for the year (trust)

• Anonymous says:

You absolutely could do it and base it around trust. You could begin to make a list of ways you are trusting the Lord! Have a beautiful Easter.