26 In Faith

Grace For My Heart

(Photo Source)

God is doing a work on my heart.  I am on a journey of deeper love.  It’s a vulnerable place.  It can be a fearful place for me, as I don’t know how to give my heart away.  But I want to.  I know that I can trust Him with my heart.  I know that in my brokenness there is healing.  I know that He is gentle and caring.  He longs to take me deeper.  But I sometimes hesitate.  Not because I don’t love Him.  I love Him.  Oh, how I love Him!  But there is this fear of the unknown.  Why do I fear? He said He would never leave me.  He promised to walk with me on this journey.  And even though this tug-of-war on my heart hurts at times, I know that He is right beside me.  And I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else.  And even in the times when I feel consumed and I can barely breathe, He comes, with grace for my heart.

Continuing to count….

Grace gifts 141-151

141.  The grace He gives my heart so that it can grow.
142.  The grace He gives me to be who He created me to be.
143.  The grace He gives me so that I can forgive myself.
144.  The grace He gives me to love myself.
145.  The grace He gives me to love Him more.
146.  The grace He gives me to trust Him to lead me even when I cannot see.
147.  The grace He gives me to continue to pursue Him even when I cannot feel Him.
148.  The grace He gives me to seek Him until I find Him.
149.  The grace He gives me when I choose not to go to Him.
150.  The grace He gives me when my disobedience leads to failure.
151.  The grace He gives me when I come to Him in my brokeness.

I am linking up with others today who are sharing their grace gifts at A Holy Experience.  If you have a blog, join us over there.  If not, share in your comments here one thing that God is giving you grace for today.

Debbie
    May 16, 2011 at 3:10 pm

God’s grace …never to be taken for granted.  So glad you are writing down your blessings.  This has been so helpful for me especially during these challenging times Barbie.

Blessings and love,
    Debbie

Barbie Swihart
      May 16, 2011 at 6:00 pm

Thanks Debbie!  It’s so easy to get distracted and not be able to see this grace.  I am trying to be intentional.  So glad you’ve been blessed!

Sharyl
    May 16, 2011 at 3:53 pm

Oh Barbie, I hear your heart, sounds like we are in a similiar place– loving deeper.  The thing I’m learning, the more I love deeply, the more I’m loved more deeply.  Check out Julie True.com— she has a healing room online with the most amazing music and spirit.  I’ve been parked out there most days as God is taking me deeper in love for Him and others.

Barbie Swihart
      May 16, 2011 at 6:01 pm

Thanks Sharyl.  I’ll definately check out the site.

Sojourner: Rachelle
    May 16, 2011 at 4:58 pm

Stopping by from Ann’s.  SO MUCH GRACE!  Thanks for sharing.

Adoption Mama
    May 16, 2011 at 8:49 pm

God’s grace is amazing. He showers us when we don’t deserve it. He loves us as if we had never sinned. He adopted us rebellious children. He is so good.

Susie Klein
    May 16, 2011 at 11:21 pm

This post really spoke to me because I am very familiar with those wonderings of the heart and mind. When I first began my journey out of my crusty but safe cocoon it was very scary. But at some point, the fear of staying in my fear was bigger than the fear of going into unfamiliar territory. You are at that spot and believe me, moving forward is totally worth it! You can do this!

Beth Ferrell
    May 17, 2011 at 12:13 am

Hey Friend!  I understand.  Just a couple of weekends ago I whimpered, “I trust you with my heart God.”  I didn’t even realize that I had that “fear” there.  We are on a familiar path it seems.

Love you!
    Beth

Jennifer
    May 17, 2011 at 1:44 am

What a beautiful list of grace gifts. So important to recognize each as a special gift to us! Thank you so much for sharing! Beautiful grace.

Katie
    May 17, 2011 at 1:53 am

love your list…i’ve come to learn recently that the whole list making process is recognizing the grace in our life. thanks so much for sharing!

Barbie Swihart
      May 17, 2011 at 5:11 am

Making the list is really helping me to focus on the beauty that is all around me.  I am being intentional about finding this grace.

Barbie Swihart
      May 17, 2011 at 5:11 am

Barbie Swihart
    May 17, 2011 at 5:09 am

Thank you for stopping by!  I am learning to receive this grace more and more each day.

Barbie Swihart
    May 17, 2011 at 5:09 am

Thanks Susie for your encouragement. It’s good to know there are those who are just a bit ahead of me in this journey.

Dena Elwood
    May 18, 2011 at 4:07 am

Hey Sis,,,You are sooooo BEAUTIFUL,,,what a BLESSING you are to us from God, our Abba Father…
    “The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace.” -Numbers 6:24-26 (NIV)

Lisa Tucker
    May 18, 2011 at 1:34 pm

Your heart is stunningly beautiful.  And oh, so precious to our Father!

Grace is an awesome thing; it is what equips us to be the one He has called us to be.  I love reading your thankfulness for it!

Barbie Swihart
      May 18, 2011 at 9:11 pm

Thank you Lisa.  Do you have a blog?  I would love to visit you there.

Jeanine
    May 18, 2011 at 2:04 pm

I love the photo that accompanies your message.  Both are beautiful!
    Peace.
    Jeanine

Miki Baxter
    May 19, 2011 at 3:08 am

This post really touched me…you beautifully expressed what goes on in my heart as well.  Thank you!  I have been MIA for a few months, but I often think of you and of the encouragement I receive from all that you share.  God has used you in my life, and I wanted to make sure that you knew today.  With love, Miki

Barbie Swihart
      May 19, 2011 at 4:04 pm

I’ve missed you my friend!  Praying for you today.