How Do You See Beauty?
I am on a continual journey to find beauty in the routine and mundane things that make up my life. I admit that I have a hard time “seeing” this beauty. And, honestly, some things that have been put on my “grace gift” list in past weeks have been put down because I feel that someone else might see them as beautiful. I haven’t yet grasped the beauty in them. I want to see. I long to see. But honestly friends, I don’t yet “see” the beauty in the mounds of laundry awaiting me, or the dirty dishes in my sink. I know it’s there. I long to uncover it.
As I continue my journey through the Song of Solomon, I am realizing that for one to really see beauty and accept God’s grace for their life, one must first see themselves as beautiful. Can I be vulnerable with you for a moment? I don’t see it. I don’t understand it. I read what God says about me, but I can’t quite wrap my brain around it. Oh that I could be like the Shulamite woman. She knew who her Beloved was, and more importantly, she knew who she was.
Journey Through The Song of Songs
Beginning on Wednesday, June 1st, I am going to begin a series on my blog (my first ever) of posts based on the Song of Solomon. I will not call this a Bible study, as I am not qualified to teach this book. I am still taking the journey. But I would like a place to share my thoughts as God takes me deeper in this reality. And I would love it if you would come along with me on this journey. Here is what will happen: Every Wednesday, beginning June 1st, I will put up a post about a chapter of Song of Solomon. There are 8 chapters, so this series will go for 8 weeks. I will share my thoughts and personal insight and ask that you “link up” with me sometime during that week and also share your thoughts. Again, I want to stress that the link up is not to teach theology, but to simply share our journey together in this one of the greatest love stories every written!
Will you join me? I hope to have a button for this series that you can put in your posts and on your blog, if you desire. I have asked a friend to make one for me, but if she can’t, would anyone like to bless me with a button? If you plan on joining me, please leave me a comment letting me know!
Grace gifts 152-160
152. The flowers from Mother’s Day which are still living, on my kitchen table.
153. My 7yo son who asked that I pray with him to receive his prayer language!
154. Two unexpected financial blessings last week. God is so good!
155. The cool morning breeze that reminds me that God is living, breathing and active in my life.
156. Three and a half weeks left of school for the kiddos!
157. The tender heart of my husband towards me.
158. A Birthday celebration with a friend whom I have missed.
159. Life-giving quotes, like this one: “My circumstances do not change my identity”.
160. A teenage son who willingly said he would help me clean my bedroom!
I am linking up with a community of grace seekers over at A Holy Experience.
How are you seeing beauty today? And it’s okay if you can’t yet believe what you see. It takes practice. I would love to know what God is showing you. Feel free to link up or share in the comments here.