Life is Beautiful

Life is beautiful

“Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”  (Ashley Smith)

Life was intended to be beautiful.

Each day holds the promise of beauty that has yet to be revealed.  Each moment of every day holds the potential of beauty.  I want to live a beauty-filled life, intentionally living life to the fullest.  This past week, I have been reminded of my childhood.  Back then, everything was beautiful.  I remember waking up each day thinking to myself, “What am I going to do today”?

Filled with excitement.

Filled with anticipation.

Filled with hope.

Jesus said that the Kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these, to those with child-like faith.

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”  (Matthew 19:14)

I want to be like a child, with eyes filled with wonder, as I take in the beauty of each new day.  Life was meant to be beautiful and I don’t want it to pass me by.

I want to invite you to join me as I  “Journey through the Song of Songs“.  I have uncovered so much beauty in this book and I am looking forward to digging deeper.

Continuing to count,

Grace Gifts 161-171

161.  An amazing friend who is helping me to home school my high school junior next year.
162.  Catching up with the husband.
163.  Children who are learning to sing the prophetic song of the Lord.
164.  The arrival of a reimbursed insurance check.
165.  The purchase of a new lawn mower.
166.  Parents who invite us over for dinner.
167.  Carefree little birds hopping about my yard.  All of their needs are met.
168.  My identity in Christ found in the Word of God.
169.  Sacrifices made so that I could be free.
170.  God’s protection over my daughter this week.
171.  The freedom to worship God in the open air.

How are you living a beauty-filled life this week?

I am linking up with a community of grace seekers over at A Holy Experience.  Will you join us?  Or simply leave a comment here.

1. Joan says:

Life is beautiful, Barbie ~ thanks for sharing your special gifts this week.

Blessings,
    Joan

2. Anonymous says:

I love the quote. This was an inspiring post! Thanks!

3. Patti Hanan says:

Life is indeed beautiful.  We just need to open our eyes to see it.  We need to have the trusting faith of a child.  Thank you for this encouraging reminder!

4. Tea_lady_tammy says:

Your thoughts on beauty were so true and ones I will ponder on this week.  Thanks for sharing a lovely list and food for thought.  Blessings on your day.

5. Rachel says:

Lovely, Barbie. Lovely.

And so excited about your homeschooling venture next year!!

• Thanks Rachel. I’ve been on quite the journey with schooling my eldest son.  From public school, to on line public school, now to homeschooling.  I never though I’d have the opportunity to do that.  Blessings!

6. Marcia says:

Noticing the details, living on my way to living.  Thank you for sharing.

Off to visit Journey Through the Song of Songs.  Blessings and much love!

7. Anonymous says:

Wow, this is a beautiful Blog. So glad I stumbled ver here from Ann’s. many blessings to you.

8. Debbie says:

Working with little children has truly opened my eyes!  And I’m so grateful for that.  I love your list and the words in your post.  Yay for that insurance check!  🙂

I will check out your study of Song of Songs.  That is one book of the Bible I’ve not studied in depth.

Love you,
    Debbie

9. charis says:

child-like.  one of my favorite mysteries of life.  life is always beautiful through the eyes of a child.  the way you described it is perfect.

i love #163, #164, #168, and #171 especially this week.

may you have child-like eyes to see this His grace all week.

10. Susan Beth says:

Visiting from Ann’s – blessings to you!  Wonderful list.

11. Thanks Debbie.  Just pop on over to the study whenever you can.  You can leave your thoughts in a comment if you want!

12. Chelsea Brown says:

Amazing post!! Inspiring 🙂

13. Robyn Quintana says:

Hello!  New here but excited to journey through Song of Songs!  Wow.  That will be exciting – and beautiful!

• Thanks for stopping by Robyn.  If you have a blog and would like to link up, you can do that anytime between Wednesday-Saturday of each week. Looking forward to this journey.

14. Anonymous says:

I love your simple, yet easily forgotten truth, “Life was meant to be beautiful!”
    Thanks for that reminder!
    A new follower,
    Jen
    ..because Life IS a Poem!

15. That’s a beautiful photo… and a beautiful message.  It’s good to slow down and enjoy the world as our children do.

16. Thank you Jen!  I look forward to getting to know you more.  I am going to pop over and visit your blog!

17. Esther Feng says:

i love #171, particularly as i’ve been personally praying for the believers in china.