17 In Faith

The Master Artist

There are days when grace is so had to see.  Days when life is fleeting and I don’t stop long enough to see.  The Master Artist paints grace everywhere I look.  And He is painting it just for me…in the moment, in the mundane, in the routine.  Will I choose to embrace these gifts of grace, stopping long enough to breathe them in?  Or will I choose to turn away, rushing to and for, missing the opportunity to be changed by the grace He paints upon my heart?

As the Master Artist comes and paints grace upon my heart, I continue to count:

111.  Chocolate surprises left by a friend.
112.  The still, small voice of God reminding me that I am His princess.
113.  Watching and listening to my 10yo daughter help lead worship.  I am so blessed!
114.  Listening to that same 10yo daughter sing and play guitar.  Self taught.  I am doubly blessed!
115.  Flowers blooming along the path I walk.
116.  A clear blue sky on my drive this morning.
117.  A half a tank of gas.
118.  The opportunity to intercede for the captives on my drive this morning.
119.  Simplicity.  I am learning.
120.  Money stretched far enough to feed the family for the week.
121.  The smell of freshly mowed grass.
122.  That a closed door means somewhere there stands open a window.
123.  The discipline of a God who loves me enough to not leave me where I am.
124.  The gentle nudge of the Holy Spirit, guiding my path.
125.  To know that I am loved and love others.  This makes me successful.

I am linking up with a community of grace seekers over at A Holy Experience today.  What kind of gift has God painted on your heart today?  Please share.

Chelseabrown3
    May 3, 2011 at 7:28 am

Love this entire concept . Thanks for sharing .

Adoption Mama
    May 3, 2011 at 12:17 pm

He is the Master of Grace. And, oh, how grateful I am to be lavished upon.

Lisa
    May 3, 2011 at 4:09 pm

What a beautiful post!

Jennifer Ostrander
    May 3, 2011 at 10:14 pm

Hello, Barbie! I loved The King’s Speech, too! Such a great film-even better with our Jiffy Pop 🙂 Number 120 IS a blessing; should be on my list, too. Have a blessed week!

Beth Ferrell
    May 4, 2011 at 12:16 am

Beautiful blessings sweet Barbie. My life is full of gifts as well.

Christin
    May 4, 2011 at 12:19 am

I’m with you there…learning to breathe in His grace deep, and let it permeate me. I need it. Beautiful blog you have here! 🙂

Kim
    May 4, 2011 at 2:10 pm

I love so many things on your list, flowers, chocolate, small still voice. Nice

Joan
    May 5, 2011 at 1:50 am

Hi Barbie! It looks like I was able to post this time…I think I wasn’t able to before because I was on my work computer. Sometimes its firewall causes issues.

Great list!

Blessings, Joan

Lea
    May 5, 2011 at 1:57 am

Oh, what precious treasures! These lists always remind me that there is something to be grateful for in almost every minute of everyday. Thanks for the gentle reminder! Sweet blessings to you my friend!

Dena Elwood
    May 5, 2011 at 3:06 am

Barbie ,, this was such a comforting read… Love how your heart soooo LOVES our Precious Abba Father…Yes, just bretahe in His Amazing Spirit, HIS Presence… Ahhhhhhhhhhh.. Noting better!!! NOTHING
    You Sweet Sis are as always a BLESSING from God…A JOY to our hearts 4 sure.. Thanks from the bottom of mine for stopping by my lonely blog so often and for ALWAYS leaving such bright uplifting notes for me…
    You’re in my thoughts and prayers~~~Hugs Dena

Anonymous
      May 5, 2011 at 6:19 am

Thank you Dena! And I appreciate you and have loved getting to know you. We are like minded for sure. Sisters in Christ! Have a blessed tomorrow!

Barbie Swihart
    May 6, 2011 at 7:08 am

Thanks Kim!

Barbie Swihart
    May 6, 2011 at 7:08 am

Thanks Joan! So glad you were able to comment!

Melanie
    May 10, 2011 at 2:28 am

This is beautiful! I am so happy to find your blog today! Visiting from the “Encouragement is Contagious!” linky party on my blog! 🙂 I’m your newest follower! I would love for you to link up again next time! 🙂
    Blessings!Melanie

Barbie Swihart
      May 10, 2011 at 4:30 am

Thank you Melanie! I fully intended on sharing the link of a couple of encouraging blogs I follow, and then life happened and I forgot. I will definately go and visit some that were shared and link up again next time. Thank you for following!