24 In Scripture Study

Will you join me?

Take me away with you–let us hurry! Let the king bring me into his chambers. We rejoice and delight in you; we will praise your love more than wine. How right they are to adore you! (Songs 1:4)

I’ve been studying the book of Song of Solomon for the last several weeks.  I am taking a class on it at Convergence Supernatural School of Ministry.  And although God has opened up my understanding a bit, there is so much more contained in this book that I have yet to understand.  It is one of the greatest love stories ever written.  It depicts the love between a Shulamite woman and her Beloved, and it is the perfect picture of the love of the Bridegroom (Jesus) for His Bride (the Church).

WHEN:  Every Wednesday, beginning June 1st.

Each Wednesday, I will write a post about a Chapter of Song of Songs.  Some chapters will take two weeks to cover.  I will be sharing about how God is speaking to me personally through the scriptures.  This is not a Bible study per se, but if God gives you revelation and insight about a certain verse, please share.  I simply wanted a place where we could come together and read this amazing book, and share with one another about what God is revealing to our hearts.

I hope that you will consider joining me on this journey.  I will have a “link up” beginning on Wednesday where you can share your post about what God is speaking to you.  You can link up each week any day between Wednesday and Saturday.  I would love it if you would use the lovely button above in your posts.

Leave me a comment here if you would like to join me on this journey.  I would be thrilled if you did!

jdchristan
    May 27, 2011 at 10:19 am

You have a beautiful blog!  I stopped by from way of the Vanilla Tulip.  May God bless you as your love for Him pours out to others.

Donna Godfrey
    May 27, 2011 at 1:02 pm

I would love to join you in this study.  I do not think I ever did an in depth study on this book.

Barbie Swihart
      May 27, 2011 at 3:32 pm

So glad you’re going to jump in Donna.  Do you have a blog?  If so, I would love to visit you there.

Larri at Seams Inspired
    May 27, 2011 at 1:24 pm

I’m so in! I’ve been wanting to take a closer look at Song of Solomon for quite a while. I’ll post on my “What I’m Reading Today” blog if that’s okay with you. And now I must ask…Coincidence or Divine Intervention? I was chatting with God about this very book last evening. I’ve got chill bumps! Happy Friday! :o)

Barbie Swihart
      May 27, 2011 at 3:32 pm

WOW, that is so cool!  God is speaking to us both about going deeper in Him.  This is going to be good!

Kerri Taylor Smith
    May 27, 2011 at 2:36 pm

Absolutely!! I would love to study the Song of Solomon!! I have read through it but never really gone in depth….looking forward to it!!

Barbie Swihart
      May 27, 2011 at 3:31 pm

Fantastic!  I am so excited for this, to see how God uniquely speaks to each one of us. Look for my intro post and a link up on Wednesday.  If you don’t have a blog, you can simply respond through comments!

Thevanillatulip
    May 27, 2011 at 3:10 pm

How awesome!  I will do my best to check back in!! What a fabulous idea!

Barbie Swihart
    May 27, 2011 at 3:33 pm

Wonderful! No pressure, but I would love to have you join us!

Beth Ferrell
    May 27, 2011 at 6:24 pm

Barbie that sounds awesome!  I would love to join you but I better not commit to anything else right now.  I can’t wait to see what you learn.  That scripture reminds me of Heather Clark’s song with the scriptures from Song of Solomon.  <3

Barbie Swihart
      May 27, 2011 at 6:59 pm

Oh I love Heather Clark!  And no worries.  I totally understand about taking on too much, but feel feel free to take part through comments here and there when you can!

Lea
    May 27, 2011 at 11:24 pm

Leave it to you Barbie, always encouraging us to draw closer to Him, I love it!  And, I love the Song of Solomon, in fact, the song, Whither Thou Goest, from the S of S was sung at our wedding 40 years ago on June 6th.  I’m going to have to see if I can’t join in this time of sharing the scripture.  Hugs to you and by the way, I love your new blog design!

Barbie Swihart
      May 27, 2011 at 11:28 pm

No pressure to link up every week. But I would love to hear how God is speaking to you through the Song of Solomon. Thank you for the blog design compliments. You are so sweet!

Julia Schemmer
    May 28, 2011 at 5:32 am

I’m jumpin’ in!

Barbie Swihart
      May 28, 2011 at 6:13 am

So glad you’re going to join us Julia!  BTW, do you have a blog? I’d love to visit.

bp
    May 28, 2011 at 4:16 pm

Sounds great, I will look forward to what you share.  My husband and I listed to part of Dr David Jeremiah’s lessons on this book earlier this year.  I’d like to study it myself.

Barbie Swihart
      May 28, 2011 at 10:06 pm

It would be great to have you jump in and join us!

Marcia
    May 30, 2011 at 5:20 pm

Oh, my, who could resist?  Count me in!!  Looking forward to it.

Barbie Swihart
      May 30, 2011 at 10:09 pm

Glad to have you joining us Marcia.  Do you have a blog?  I’d love to visit.

Marcia
        June 1, 2011 at 12:40 am

Yes, Barbie.  I thought my comment might include a link back to my page.  Sorry about that.  My blog title is Red Scarf Diaries and the link is http://homeiswhereoneheartis.blogspot.com .  I stopped by to see if you had anything up a little early.  Can you tell I’m looking forward to this?  🙂  Blessings!

Barbie Swihart
          June 1, 2011 at 4:58 am

Hi Marcia! Ha ha! I really wanted to have something up early, but it will probably be around midnight or so! I love your enthusiasm. I’ve been to your blog before. I will make sure to stop by tonight. Oh, if you go to your profile in Disqus, you need add your blog name there and then it will show on your name and you can click it!

Gina Hyatt
    June 2, 2011 at 4:05 am

very excited to join! I will be linking up!

Barbie Swihart
      June 2, 2011 at 5:55 am

It will be good to have you on the journey! You inspire me!