Remembering to be Thankful
It’s been a little while since I’ve been here. In this place of noticing the beauty that is all around me. I have been forgetting to set my heart to be thankful. It’s easier to see the obvious — financial provision, the health of my children, God’s faithfulness. But, somewhere along my journey I have forgotten to stop and see those small, beautiful gifts that God leaves for me each and every day.
The beautiful roses alongside the road,
The laughter of my children as they play outside.
The smell and taste of the ripened fruit.
My daughter singing as she does the dishes.
I don’t want to miss these moments. These are the moments that would take my breath away and fill my heart with gratitude. But I must remember to stop, to look, to listen. So here I am, once again, to pick up where I left off on this journey to 1000 gifts. As I continue my journey towards simplicity, I am remembering to be thankful.
Oh give thanks to the Lord; call upon his name; make known his deeds among the peoples! (Psalm 105:1)
Grace gifts 196-206
196. Words of encouragement spoken by a friend that gave life to my spirit.
197. A fresh encounter from God on my 17yo son that has changed his life.
198. Tears during worship today as I reflect on the man, Christ Jesus and what He’s done for me.
199. Celebrating a bridal shower with a young woman I’ve known since she was 2 years old.
200. A fiance of this friend who gave his heart to the Lord!
201. Encouragement in my weight loss efforts.
202. Acknowledgement from my husband that I am doing a good job.
203. Tender moments between my children.
204. Remembering that I don’t have to be all things to all people.
205. Learning to let go of my need to please.
206. A landlord who let us install a house fan. Much cooler these days!
I am linking up with A Holy Experience. Will you join me there? Or leave a comment here and let me know what you are remembering to be thankful for today.