17 In My 5 Minute Fridays

A Reflection of Beauty

Sandra Cunningham - Fotolia.com

I am joining in with The Gypsy Mama today for the 5 Minute Friday, although it is Saturday.  We write for 5 minutes, no editing, just free flow from the heart.

Today’s Prompt:  Beauty

Ready..Set..Go!

She stood in front of the mirror, looking at the person that stared back at her.  She tried to look beyond the imperfections, but it was all she could see.  There was one there, with a loud voice, “You are ugly”.  “You will never amount to anything”.  “Why would anyone love you”.  In guilt and shame, she hung her head low.

But then He came.  His voice was not loud, but rather a whisper.  A still small voice.  But she heard it loud and clear above the other voice.  “You are beautiful”.  “You are altogether lovely”.  “I formed you and you are prefect”.  And then He asked me to look again into the mirror.  To look beyond what my eye can see and to see Him.  And He reminded me that when I see Him, I see beauty.  He is beauty.  He created all things, perfect and lovely.

Beauty is not necessarily what I see in the mirror.  Beauty is the person of Christ, the reflection of Christ.  That is true beauty.  I no longer have to hang my head in shame and listen to the loud voice of the enemy.  For I have been bought with a price, I am His beloved and He is mine.  I was chosen from the foundation of the world.

Christ in me, this is beauty.

STOP.

*This one was not as easy as the last ones.  I am realizing that this topic of beauty is still a hard topic for me and I continue to gain so much revelation.  Thank you God that you look beyond my imperfections and see me as beautiful.

It’s your turn.  What is God saying to you about beauty?

kristy
    August 13, 2011 at 7:35 pm

fearfully and wonderfully made! and yes, it is very good.
    that is His truth, and because of that, it is ours.
    Blessings to you today!
    k

August 15, 2011 at 2:06 am

Thank you for visiting my blog Kristy!  I love the truth that we are fearfully and wonderfully made!

Patti Hanan
    August 13, 2011 at 8:34 pm

This is so beautiful, Barbie.  Yes, we are bought with a price and we are beautiful.  Thank you!

August 15, 2011 at 2:07 am

Amen sister!  Hope you had a beautiful weekend.

Anonymous
    August 14, 2011 at 9:08 am

I love this Meme!  This one was really my first time joining.  I can hardly wait to find out what next week’s topic will be.

I could hear where you’ve sown the Word from Song of Solomon in your heart.  :o)  You truly have the aroma of spending time with the Lord on your life.  Beautiful inside and out.

August 15, 2011 at 2:07 am

I am hooked on this meme.  It’s been so good for my heart!  And I appreciate your encouragement.  I fall short so many times in my discipline of prayer and Bible reading, but when I worship, oh it draws me straight to the throne room!

jdchristan
    August 14, 2011 at 12:22 pm

Just last night, I was tucking my seven year old into bed and shared this concept with her… I never really used the word “beauty” but we spoke about the lies the Enemy whispers to us regarding our unworthiness after we sin vs. Christ’s tender messages about the redemption He offers.  His transformation in our lives – making us beautiful – comes merely from His grace, not from our strivings.  Oh, that my little girl might understand that even now…

August 15, 2011 at 2:10 am

It’s so important that our children grasp this truth at a young age.  I can see even now in my 11 year old the seeds the enemy has planted.  I am thankful that I am learning to walk in this truth more and more so that I can help her in that reality.  Blessings!

Christan
    August 14, 2011 at 12:26 pm

Just last night I shared of this concept with my seven year old as I tucked her into bed.  We spoke of Satan’s whispers of our unworthiness after we sin vs. the redemption Christ offers.  His work in our lives – making us beautiful – is more transforming than any striving I can offer.  Oh, that my little girl would understand this even now…

Kerri Smith
    August 14, 2011 at 10:29 pm

I have and still can be that woman looking in the mirror hearing those loud voices of defeat…Praise God that His still small voice drowns out the evil one to remind me that I am wonderfully and beautifully made!
    Thank you for sharing this Barbie….you are beautiful!

August 15, 2011 at 2:10 am

Kerri, I too still fight this battle.  You too are beautiful my friend.

wolfsrosebud
    August 15, 2011 at 1:56 am

So beautiful said… having the heart of Christ can make the most beautiful more attractive.

August 15, 2011 at 2:12 am

Thank you for visiting and commenting!

shelly faust
    August 16, 2011 at 3:04 am

You are beautiful, my friend…inside AND out…a vessel overflowing and pouring out the glory of God…blessings as you start the new school year with your children at home. May God’s grace abound, His love empower and His presence fill you in every moment.

August 17, 2011 at 5:17 am

Oh Shelly, you brought tears to my eyes!  Thank you so much for your encouragement!

charis
    August 29, 2011 at 8:40 pm

this was truly beautiful.

August 30, 2011 at 12:03 am