27 In My 5 Minute Fridays

All Things New

Today I am linking up with the The Gypsy Mama for the 5 Minute Friday.  I write simply.  No thought given beforehand.  Just words, free flowing from my heart and out my fingers.  I write freely, without worrying about perfection.  No editing.  Just simple and raw.  Straight from my heart to yours.

Today’s Prompt:  NEW

Read.  Set.  Go!

I am so thankful I am not the same person as I was 20 years ago before I accepted Christ.  I am a new creature.  I have a new hope, a new future.

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!  (2 Corinthians 5:17)

I am so thankful that the mistakes I’ve made in the past have been bought and paid for by His blood.  I get to start with a clean slate every day.

Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. 23 They are new every morning; (Lamentations 3:23)

I am looking forward to a future filled with hope and the promise of joy.  We’ve been through some struggles over the last year, but I am thankful that He makes all things new!

For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland.  (Isaiah 43:19)

Father, In the newness of the morning, I will rise and give You thanks, for all that you’ve done, and all that You are yet to do.  Thank you God that You are the same yesterday, today and forever.  Your faithfulness surrounds me and you give me a hope and a future.  You renew my strength and set my feet to dancing.

STOP.

*I added a few scripture references after the timer went off for good measure!

What stands out to you about the word “new”?  Visit Lisa Jo and see what others are writing.  And if you’ve never linked up before, I dare you to try it!

Shalene Anderson
    August 19, 2011 at 8:52 am

Hi
    Stopped by via The Gypsy Mama.  It is so true that we get to start something new every day, how awesome!
    Thanks
    Shals

August 19, 2011 at 3:32 pm

Thanks for visiting Shals!

Anonymous
    August 19, 2011 at 10:44 am

This was lovely, Barbie. So thankful for new starts, new opportunities, and the newness that comes from being refreshed in Christ. Bless you, friend!  May your day be lovely and full of God’s mercy and goodness! 😉

August 19, 2011 at 3:34 pm

Thank you Kris!  Have a beautiful weekend.

Anonymous
    August 19, 2011 at 11:10 am

You and I think alike.  I added the scriptures at the end too.  BTW – your feeder sent your post to me today versus tomorrow!

I am grateful that I’m a new creation!

Love ya!
    Beth

August 19, 2011 at 3:35 pm

Yep, I figured it would just take too much time to pull and format the scriptures.  Have a beautiful weekend.

Kerri Smith
    August 19, 2011 at 12:02 pm

I am so glad that we are able to start each day with a clean slate and that through Him we are a new creation!
    I may need to take you up on your dare!

August 19, 2011 at 3:35 pm

Kerri, that would be awesome!  I know you will be hooked!

HOPEannFAITH
    August 19, 2011 at 4:57 pm

Incredible! So beautifully rendered … I am speechless.
    Blessings

August 19, 2011 at 8:28 pm

Thank you for visiting my blog today!

Anonymous
    August 19, 2011 at 5:30 pm

Thank you for this beautiful post and reminder!  I just bookmarked Lamentations 3:23 in my Bible.  Such a great reminder!

Have a good weekend!!
    Brenda

August 19, 2011 at 8:28 pm

Thank you Brenda!

Lisa
    August 19, 2011 at 11:19 pm

Love the scripture in Lamentations and love, love the passage in Isaiah! 🙂  I’m also thankful that I’m not the person I used to be.

August 20, 2011 at 4:39 am

Thank you Lisa.  Have a beautiful weekend!

Melissa Bradley
    August 20, 2011 at 1:10 am

I just found your blog 🙂 I’ve been seeing you around and finally stopped by. I am diggin your post! Thanks!

August 20, 2011 at 4:39 am

Thanks for stopping by Melissa!

Beck Gambill
    August 20, 2011 at 1:41 am

The verse in Isaiah 43 really touched my heart. My husband and I are in a time of waiting, looking for a new ministry position. I love that God is faithful to his word and to make all things new. Thank you for your encouragement and for stopping by my site!

August 20, 2011 at 4:40 am

Praying the Lord will give you peace as you wait.  So thankful for his faithfulness1

Chelle
    August 20, 2011 at 2:03 am

This is my first time here. Think will be a regular! So thankful Hismercies are new every morning!
    Blessings…Chelle

August 20, 2011 at 4:40 am

Thank you Chelle!  Stop by any time!

Jamie @ Six Bricks High
    August 20, 2011 at 2:25 am

Love that you added the scriptures!  I too am so thankful that He makes all things new!

August 20, 2011 at 4:41 am

Thanks for stopping by Jamie!

Keenalynn
    August 22, 2011 at 1:07 am

I have never written from a prompt before.  Kinda scarey.  Maybe one Friday I will do that.  Thx for the reminder that HIS mercies are new everyday.  I always enjoy your posts.  Keep on posting!!

August 22, 2011 at 3:01 am

I would encourage you to try it.  It is scary at first, but it is so freeing to write without worrying about how it’s written.  Thank you for visiting.

carissa graham
    August 23, 2011 at 2:16 am

praise God for making all things new.  i have tasted and seen that the Lord is good… He is faithful to keep changing us into His likeness and making us new.  beautiful post!

August 23, 2011 at 5:02 am

Thanks for stopping by Carissa!

Thecrossthepowerofgod
    September 8, 2011 at 1:29 pm

2 Corinthians 5:17Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
    The Holy Spirit was convicting me of my sins, as I am praying I wept With grief every time I had sinned I offended God,I was so ashamed of myself for what I had done, and for the way I had treated other people, I wept so much I was exhausted.
    And Every time, bit by bit God was changing my heart, I am no longer selfish, I am no longer a lover of money, I am no longer a liar, I no longer use people to my advantage, I am no longer a con man, I am no longer a thief.
    I am no longer spiteful towards others, I am no longer sarcastic towards others, and I am no longer rude towards others,I died to myself, I know longer do my will, I only do Gods will what he has called me to do for him, 1 Peter 1:16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
    IGalatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
    1 Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
    I was praying I was on my hands and knees,and I started praying for people around me, imagine the power of a volcano irrupting it felt like that as the holy spirit penetrated into my heart for me to love others, to love every person as much as I love my own family, it was Gods will he wants me to be like that.
    I am putting myself right with God, there are things I need to change in my life, and I am working on them
    I want to change, I cannot change myself. Only God can do that.
    Please pray for each other,we all need each others prayers.
    God hates sin, he wants you to hate yours, ask him