Broken, Yet Whole

Words.  They breathe life into my soul.  Today, I am linking up with The Gypsy Mama taking 5 minutes to write. Not worrying about perfection.  No editing.  Just words out of the overflow of my heart.

Today’s Topic = WHOLE

Ready?  Go!

Shattered and broken.  No one wanted anything to do with it.  It lay in a corner.  Unnoticed.  Unwanted.  One or two would come along and try to repair it, piecing together the brokenness.  But the glue only held it for a time.  Sooner or later, the pieces began to fall again.  Into heaps.  Brushed aside.  Unnoticed.

Until He came, the Master Potter.  He saw the beauty in the brokenness.  He gathered together the pieces, carefully tucking them into the palm of His hand, and He began to work.  Fragile, but in the hands of the Master Potter, safe.  And secure.  He fit the pieces together, one by one, held by a love so strong no man could tear it apart.

And the finished work.  Beautiful.  And He placed it in a place for all to see  His finished work.  Some days you can still see the cracks, faint. But they are there as a reminder of what once was.  But now, no longer broken.  Perfect.  Complete.  Whole.

STOP

I cannot tell you what this writing exercise is doing to my spirit.  I have no words.  Would you like to join?  Here’s how:

1. Write your words without editing them.
  2. Tell your readers you’re linking up here and invite them to come and share their unedited stories too.
  3. And most importantly, go visit, read, and compliment the person who shared right before you.

1. Anonymous says:

Beautiful, Barbie. So glad you are finding joy in this exercise.  I love it too. Bless your day, friend!

2. Carolyn Counterman says:

Followed you over from the 5 Minute Friday links. Loved what you have to say. The Master Potter is awesome. Thanks for reminding me that He is holding all of my pieces.

3. Adoption Mama says:

Oh, how broken I feel at times…but so glad he has put be back together…praying this for my Hoss.

4. Lisa Maria says:

Hello Barbie.. this was really beautiful!  I can so relate to it too.. once upon a time God used my brokenness to make a whole new creation.. He is the master potter!

Have a lovely weekend!

5. Kristi says:

Love this!!!

6. Yes! So beautiful!  He is the one who can take all our broken pieces and make them whole.

7. Shelly Faust says:

Beuatiful Barbie…and I paths cross again 🙂 Its my first. 5 Minutes for Friday and I, too, am loving this exercise.

8. I love this.  Our youngest son is named Potter, for the very reason you described above…. the Lord took our broken and bereft hearts and gave us a baby boy to fill the empty hole.

Potter Joseph

formed by the master Potter.

Jessica

9. kamrandolph says:

The Master Potter is the one who mends and fixes each of us!!!!!

10. Linda says:

This ole cracked pot enjoyed this!  (:>)  I am so glad the Lord…the “Potter” has refashioned me with His loving hands.

11. Anonymous says:

This is beautiful!

And your words truly show what it is doing to your heart….lovely!

12. Keri says:

What a beautiful blog you have here, Barbie.  Thanks so much for inviting me to take a peek.  🙂

I love how you said that the exercise had done much to your spirit.  That is EXACTLY how I felt.  What I needed, so much.  See you soon and so nice to “meet you”.  🙂

13. Katy says:

beautiful. love this and it’s so true. the master potter truly does make all things beautiful in their time and in that too…sometimes the scars and faint cracks just help us rejoice all the more in His redemptive work.

• Barbie says:

I use to want to hide any signs of where I came from and what I’ve been healed from.  But I look at them as trophies of His grace in my life!  Have a beautiful weekend Katy!

14. Anonymous says:

I am so thankful for His way of mending my brokenness.  I love your words Barbie.  They reflect the beauty of your heart.

You spur me to spend more intimate time with the Lord Barbie. Thank you.

• Barbie says:

Awe, thank you my friend. I have not yet arrived.  My own words are stirring my heart in places I didn’t know existed.  This writing challenge has been very freeing.

15. Stacy Sanchez says:

Love this……”He fit the pieces together, one by one, held by a love so strong no man could tear it apart. He fit the pieces together, one by one, held by a love so strong no man could tear it apart.

Amen.  Thank you, Jesus….and thank you Barbie for this reminder that His love is so strong, no man can tear us apart once we have met the Master potter.  So happy to have met you through 5 Minute Fridays! 🙂
    ~Stacy

16. Rachel Herr says:

This was such a stretch for me, but I’m glad I found your website- I love this idea!  I linked up over at Gyspy Mama (that’s what we were supposed to do right?)  But I thought I would let you know that your 5 minutes on “whole” were beautiful and so thoughtful!  I think it’s amazing how all of our minds go different places even though we all here the same word.  God made each of us so unique! You can read mine at http://commontomoms.blogspot.com/2011/08/whole.html

17. Stock photos fit your blog posts nicely.  They look pretty and yes, they do seem to add value to your blog. 🙂 Your blog is unique  in that in intertwines real life and personal reflection with a valuable message in each one.  Your blog is also very clean and professional looking.

You’re doing a great job and you get a lot of feedback! That says a lot!
    Have a beautiful weekend Barbie!
    Love,
    Lynnette

18. Beautifully written!  I enjoyed this post.
    And, thank you for visiting my site yesterday!  Please come back anytime!

19. Jen says:

That was beautiful Barbie.  I could just see God’s hand scooping up the pieces and making whole…what once was broken.  Bless you ~ jen

20. Cyndi spivey says:

Loved this Barbie! I want to do the 5 minute friday I just keep forgetting! 🙂

21. Tiffany says:

This was so beautiful!  It’s truly amazing the beauty that Jesus can find in the brokenness of our lives.