This past weekend my husband and I celebrated our 23rd wedding anniversary. We met in October of 1987, were engaged just three months later, and married in August of 1988. I didn’t even know this man for a solid year before we started our lives together, and I had only come to know the Lord just 3 years prior. He was my knight in shining armor, minus the white horse. In a sense, he rescued me. I had several very bad relationships before him and God brought him into my life at a very pivotal time. I think some questioned our love and whether it was real. On our third date I came home and told my grandmother I had met the man I was to marry, and the rest was history.
I love him more today than I did the day I married him. I suppose that is a good sign. We have had our share of difficulties, especially over the last few years. But we are committed to our marriage. We are committed to staying true to ourselves and one another through times of testing and in times of lack. We are committed to trust God to continue to provide for us during this season. God has proven himself faithful to us and our children and I am looking forward to another 23+ years with the man I love. We have so much to be thankful for.
Grace Gifts 242-252
242. For in-luvs who graciously took my two youngest so we could get away for the weekend.
243. Financial blessings to help us with our weekend!
244. Sharing our favorite ice cream.
245. Renting a paddle boat and spending an hour out on the lake.
246. Sharing hopes and dreams for the future.
247. That we are stronger today than we were the day we were married.
248. That we have not allowed our struggles to define our relationship.
249. For a man who is committed to our relationship, and loves me unconditionally.
250. That I am learning what “true love” means, still today.
251. For a God who sees our future and provides hope every day.
252. For new adventures and memories made.
I am linking up today with A Holy Experience where we are listing what we are thankful for. Will you join me, or simply leave a comment below and tell me what you are thankful for this week.