Faith

Fingerprints of God

(photo credit)

Beauty is God’s handwriting. ~ Charles Kingsley

My life has been written, yet in many ways it is still being written.  The Creator God knows every aspect of my life.  But He gives me the choice to “edit” the script so to speak.  Oh, He still knows the end from the beginning.  My name has been written in the Book of Life.  But how I choose to see and experience this life, and how I choose to conduct myself in thought and in attitude, this is my choice.  Everywhere I turn I can see the fingerprints of God.  If I look closely enough, I will see that He has touched every part of my life with beauty.  Even the hard places.  Whether I choose to put that onto my life’s canvas is up to me.  My prayer this week is that God would show me His fingerprints of beauty — His touch on my life each day.

Grace Gifts 207-217

207.  Hot tea and a good book.
208.  A beautiful night sky.
209.  Listening to my 8yo son lead prayer at church.
210.  Cuddling with my kids in the middle of the night.
211.  Additional 10% off an item already on sale!
212.  Inspired Deals review package arriving in the mail!
213.  A beautiful painting gifted to me by my friend.
214.  A daughter filled with excitement and anticipation as she leaves for Kids Camp this week.
215.  Colorful and fragrant roses in my backyard.
216.  A full tank of gas!
217.  Leftovers.  Means I don’t have to cook!

I am linking of up with A Holy Experience, sharing my grace gifts.  Will you join me there?  Or, leave a comment here and let me know how you are seeing the fingerprints of God in your life today.

14 thoughts on “Fingerprints of God”

1. Jen Ferguson says:

In this moment, I need God to point out the beauty because all I can see is how my children are misbehaving.  Lord, help me find the JOY in the hard places.

1. Barbie says:

Hi Jen! Oh, I hear you girl. My two youngest (8 and 11) argue and pick at each other constantly. Some days I want to run away. Praying for that JOY, overflowing and for peace amongst your children!

2. Lisa says:

Hi Barbie!  Thanks for visiting and following my blog. 🙂  I’m jealous that you have heard William Matthews in person.  I love his voice and his passion.  It sounds like we do have a lot in common, so I’m going to follow your blog too.  I look forward to getting to know you more.  Many blessings!  Oh, and I love your list, especially the #217.  Any day I don’t have to cook is a good day. 😉

1. Barbie says:

Thanks Lisa!  I love meeting new bloggers, and especially those whose heart beats like mine!  Looking forward to the journey!

3. Sarah says:

I’m visiting (via your comment on my blog, Talk Time) from Ann’s place.  Thanks so much for your comment and for sharing this grace-filled, gift-counting life.  I love #215 and 216!

4. charis says:

great list this week.  i love that your son led in prayer at church.  also, a full tank of gas is something truly to be thankful for – doesn’t happen often around here!

1. Barbie says:

I love what God is doing on the earth.  And I love that my children get to get trained in Harp and Bowl and 24/7 worship just like we do!

5. Kerri Smith says:

fantastic list! I love that your 8yo led in prayer…it is so wonderful when our little ones are so willing to praise God with no fear or inhibition. Hot tea and a good book sound fantastic right now!

6. Tammy says:

I love your post.  I especially like number 1.  I am a teagirl at heart.  God’s fingerprints ….love that.  Visiting from Anne’s today.

1. Barbie says:

Thanks for visiting Tammy!  I am more fond of coffee, but on that particular evening, the tea was especially good!

7. I am His beloved says:

His fingerprints…the burst of color on a butterfly, the perfect petal on wildflower growing in a deserted forest- He is everywhere- and yet He is so personal, delighting us with His love. One of those fingerprints was when you commented today on my blog- one lonely tear fell down my cheek as I read them- your words were a balm to my heart and soul. Thank you doesn’t seem enough. <3

1. Barbie says:

So thankful God used my words to touch your spirit today.  Have a blessed evening Julie!  You are loved!

8. Pattihanan says:

I see the fingerprints of God throughout his beautiful creation.  I especially see his fingerprints when I look at my grandchildren 🙂

1. Barbie says:

Thanks for visiting!  I don’t have the privilege of having grand babies yet.  Someday soon!