I am learning to lean into my Beloved. He is my strength, my hope, my source of comfort. In a world where there are so many outside influences vying for my time and attention, it’s easy to become distracted and to find other means by which to satisfy my soul. Yet these fillings are only temporary. They are but band-aids for my aching heart. I am learning to say, “He is enough”!
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple. (Psalm 27:4)
And so I seek after Him with my whole heart. My journey is still one of lack, one of imperfection, one of missteps, but my eyes are looking at Him. When I do this, I can’t help but see the beautiful journey He’s laid out before me. He makes everything beautiful.
He has made everything beautiful in its time. (Ecclesiastes 3:11a)
I am continuing to count my gifts today. Learning to see beauty in every moment of every day.
Grace gifts 218-230
218. A daughter’s precious encounter with the Lord at Kids Camp.
219. Financial blessings from friends.
220. The opportunity to home school two of my children, if even part time.
221. Free books and resources provided by on line school.
222. The resurrection of our old iMAC computer.
223. Dinner date with my sister.
224. Skinny jeans for $10! Now that’s a blessing!
225. The birds chirping outside my window. Oh how God takes care of me!
226. A cool morning breeze. Holy Spirit come and blow on me!
227. An opportunity to visit a little bit with Charis at cHOP this weekend. (Hi Charis!)
228. A heart that overflows with joy as I watch my children go deeper in God.
229. A Keurig that perfectly dispensed my coffee this morning (it’s been hit or miss).
230. Quiet moments with the Lord before my children wake up.
I am linking up with A Holy Experience today. Will you join us? Or leave a comment here and tell me one thing that is making your journey more beautiful today.