He Is Enough

(Photo used with permission.)

I am learning to lean into my Beloved.  He is my strength, my hope, my source of comfort.  In a world where there are so many outside influences vying for my time and attention, it’s easy to become distracted and to find other means by which to satisfy my soul.  Yet these fillings are only temporary.  They are but band-aids for my aching heart.  I am learning to say, “He is enough”!

One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.  (Psalm 27:4)

And so I seek after Him with my whole heart.  My journey is still one of lack, one of imperfection, one of missteps, but my eyes are looking at Him.  When I do this, I can’t help but see the beautiful journey He’s laid out before me.   He makes everything beautiful.

He has made everything beautiful in its time.  (Ecclesiastes 3:11a)

I am continuing to count my gifts today.  Learning to see beauty in every moment of every day.

Grace gifts 218-230

218.  A daughter’s precious encounter with the Lord at Kids Camp.
219.  Financial blessings from friends.
220.  The opportunity to home school two of my children, if even part time.
221.  Free books and resources provided by on line school.
222.  The resurrection of our old iMAC computer.
223.  Dinner date with my sister.
224.  Skinny jeans for $10!  Now that’s a blessing!
225.  The birds chirping outside my window.  Oh how God takes care of me!
226.  A cool morning breeze.  Holy Spirit come and blow on me!
227.  An opportunity to visit a little bit with Charis at cHOP this weekend.  (Hi Charis!)
228.  A heart that overflows with joy as I watch my children go deeper in God.
229.  A Keurig that perfectly dispensed my coffee this morning (it’s been hit or miss).
230.  Quiet moments with the Lord before my children wake up.

I am linking up with A Holy Experience today.  Will you join us?  Or leave a comment here and tell me one thing that is making your journey more beautiful today.

1. Oh, Barbie. What precious words you’ve spoken this morning … words I needed to hear. My name (Amy) means “beloved”, and my whole life I’ve been concerned with who loves me rather than one Who loves me. May we ALL seek after Him with our whole hearts, as you so beautifully articulated.

• Barbie says:

Many years ago I gave myself the tag line of “His beloved”.  I use to put it on all of my email signatures because I wanted to be reminded of who it was I belonged to!  Enjoying the journey!

2. Stacie says:

You have a lovely space here, Barbie.  And #230 is my favorite… Amen to those quiet moments!

3. amber says:

beautiful site~ great words of encouragement!

4. What a wonderful post. He is enough, indeed.

5. I recently bought the One Thousand Gifts book! I am so in love with it. It is really helping me get through a tough time in life right now. I have always enjoyed A Holy Experience. <3

6. OK first of all… how have I never stumbled upon this lovely space you have here?!  I can’t wait to browse further.  I smiled at this “A Keurig that perfectly dispensed my coffee this morning (it’s been hit or miss).”  Today my hubby ran to bring me coffee because our Keurig refuses to cooperate, thankful that the company is AWESOME and will be sending a replacement! 🙂

7. Patti Hanan says:

My dear friend.  I am also learning to lean into my Beloved.  I am learning to say, “He is enough.”  Your words speak to me and bring me comfort.  Blessings!

• Barbie says:

Thank you Patti.  He has been teaching me that I am moving from a season of being carried during difficult times, to learning to lean on Him.  He truly is enough!

8. Stephani says:

Neat list Barbie! Glad for your daughter’s encounter with Christ. Skinny jeans?  I’ve never even tried any on. I’m afraid I might not recover from such a horrifying experience! : )  What I’d see in the mirror might just scar me for life!

9. Cherry says:

Loved reading your words, and agree with all that you wrote about leaning into Him.  Loved this – “Yet these fillings are only temporary.  They are but band-aids for my aching heart.  I am learning to say, “He is enough”!”
    And, thanks for visiting me at Pursuing Heart.

10. Keenalynn says:

thx for your encouraging words!!!!!

11. Elizabeth says:

It brings me joy to not only meet a fellow Jesus follower but one who comes from the IHOP/Bethel stream as well.  So glad we “met” here in the blogosphere!

12. Kerri Smith says:

Beautiful post, wonderful reminder that He truly is Enough!!

13. Jennifer_StudioJRU says:

Dinner date with your sister is a wonderful gift! I love listening to the birds outside the window. Ohh… a cool morning breeze. So nice to feel that. Makes me think of fall on the way! 🙂

14. Lisa says:

Barbie, I love this – I am learning to lean into my Beloved.   Beautiful list today.  Many blessings!

15. Such a great list – so much to be thankful for.  Dinner dates with sisters are so much fun!

16. Steph says:

You make me cry! He is sooo enough. Truth friend!

17. Anonymous says:

Ha.  Skinny jeans?  I wore enough of that kind of stuff in the 80’s.  lol

Lovely blessings my friend.

Can  you imagine gazing into the face of the Lord?!?!?  What a day that will be!

Bless you!

• Barbie says:

Do you remember stirrup pants ? And how about Dittos?  I cannot imagine gazing into the face of Jesus.  Looking forward to that day!

• Anonymous says:

Unfortunately I do remember stirrup pants (gag) and twist-a-bead necklaces.  What about jelly shoes?  Ewwww.  What were we thinking?

18. charis says:

i just finally saw this.  hi back!  we had a great time.  i love your list.  it is about time i get back at writing mine!