23 In 31 Days of Abiding

Abiding {Day 1} – Here We Go!

Welcome!  I am so excited that you are here!

What does it mean to “Abide”?

to endure, to last, to persist, to remain.

Abiding is constant, permanent, unchanging and steadfast.

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.”  (John 15:5)

Over the last several months, God has been taking me on a journey of learning how to abide.  The closer I get to the Lord, the more I realize that I can do absolute nothing without Him.  I  need His help in every area of my life.  And this is why it’s so important that I learn to abide.

During these next 30 days, I will be sharing with you just a little bit of my journey and what He is teaching me as I dig deeper into His Word.  I have not arrived.  I do not claim to know everything there is to know on this subject.  But I invite you to come along with me on my journey as I share what God has revealed to my heart.  It is my prayer that we will learn this process of abiding together.

Now, make sure you take some time to visit Darcy and these other amazing bloggers to see what they are sharing during the month of October.

Nester – 31 Days of Charming Imperfection
Jen – 31 Days to Balancing Both Beauty and a Budget
Jessica
– 31 Days of Memory Keeping
Melissa: 31 Days: Inspired Holidays
Sandy: 31 Days of Warmer Connections
Darcy: 31 Days of Photo Tips
Emily: 31 Days to Change the World
Emily: 31 Days of the Little Things

Looking forward to the journey!

You can find all of my posts in this 31 day series here.

Lisa Beets
    October 1, 2011 at 5:40 am

Oooh, we are BRAVE!  Talk about s-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g…31 days is a huge one for me. I am looking forward to your posts {even if I don’t always stop to comment :)}  Happy Weekend!!

October 1, 2011 at 6:22 am

I’m a little scared, but in a good way. And please don’t worry about stopping and commenting every day. Have a lovely weekend my friend!

Jamie Hess
    October 1, 2011 at 6:31 am

Barbie!  I love this!  So excited you are writing about abiding.  And for 31 days too.  I just know it is going to be so good!

October 1, 2011 at 6:43 am

Thanks Jamie! I am very excited!

Kaylie swihart
    October 1, 2011 at 6:41 am

love,love,love it! i definately love all the different stories you have to tell! for sure looking forward to your next post.

October 1, 2011 at 4:15 pm

Thanks sweetie!  So nice to see you blogging again!

Debbie
    October 1, 2011 at 7:39 am

Abiding is something that is needed to walk closely with the Lord.  This sounds like a great topic for the 31 days series Barbie.  I hope to visit each day with you.

Blessings and love,
    Debbie

October 1, 2011 at 4:15 pm

Thank you Debbie!

Christy
    October 1, 2011 at 12:05 pm

sounds great!

jkhenderson3
    October 1, 2011 at 12:07 pm

Here we go, indeed! I am excited and nervous all rolled into one. 🙂

This is a great topic, Barbie. I know I need to learn more about abiding in Him. I so often catch myself disconnecting from the vine and trying to do things on my own. Blessings to you as you share your heart and dig in deeper!

October 1, 2011 at 4:16 pm

Oh I am nervous too.  I keep asking myself if I’ve bitten off more than I can chew.  I’ve done a 30 day challenge before, but the topic wasn’t close to my heart and I didnt’ complete it.  I believe there is Holy Spirit wind on this one!

Kissie
    October 1, 2011 at 2:10 pm

What a month this is going to be!

Peggy
    October 1, 2011 at 4:05 pm

Blessings Barbie, I did not know about this blog party of “31 days of Abiding” but I, too am ABIDING for the month of October with a devotional by that name of Andrew Murray,”Abide in Christ”. I love what you wrote and how it goes so well with my 1st day of ABIDING. I added a note about you and your blog to my post today…as well as a link to the rest.
    I look forward to what you will share and how God speaks to each of us as we ABIDE! I agree that we have not yet “arrived” but it’s really wonderful to know and hear that God is speaking to others to come and abide! I need to stay focused but there sure look like there are some awesome ideas for 31 days. Thanks for sharing this…

Peace as we learn more on ABIDING,
    Peggy

October 1, 2011 at 4:24 pm

Thank you Peggy for visiting my blog!  I look forward to having you along on this journey!  It’s not too late for you to join me!

Lisa
    October 1, 2011 at 4:08 pm

Barbie, this is a great idea and I look forward to journeying along with you.  I’m sure it will influence my series, 31 Days of Mentoring Training.

Blessings, abundantly,
    Lisa

October 1, 2011 at 4:27 pm

Thank you Lisa.  I look forward to following your journey as well.

Lea
    October 1, 2011 at 4:45 pm

What a neat idea and there’s no greater subject than abiding for sure.  It will be such a blessing to me at this season of my life.  And, the other topics will be so interesting.  I hope to stop by as often as I possibly can.  You are definitely a woman after God’s own heart!  Blessings my friend!

October 1, 2011 at 5:42 pm

Thank you my friend.  May the Lord continue to strengthen you and give you grace for this season of your life.

Stacey29lincoln
    October 1, 2011 at 7:37 pm

First of all, I love how your 31 day button just fits so snuggly here and still makes me want a cup of  java.

And – this topic just makes me want to sit quietly and practice.  I know that the real work of abiding is when life is crazy.  I’m so excited to read along with you! I so need it friend!

October 1, 2011 at 8:08 pm

So thankful to have you along on my journey. I wish we could sit together, sit coffee and abide! Oh and I love my 31 Day button too. Abigail is a master button maker! I take no credit.

Shawna
    October 1, 2011 at 8:17 pm

Oh wow. I’m excited to read about your journey, as I’ve not found myself deep into the Lord’s presence in some time. Thank you for sharing your walk with us.

October 1, 2011 at 9:09 pm

Thank you Shawna.  So glad to have you along on this journey!

Cathy
    October 30, 2011 at 10:48 am

I just found these “31 Days” sights! Are they gonna be available after the 31st???