His Grace is Enough

© joda - Fotolia.com

His grace is great enough to meet the small things; the little pin-prick troubles that annoy, the insect worries, buzzing and persistent, the squeaking wheels that grate upon our joy. –Annie Johnson Flint

Last week, during my 5 Minute Friday writing exercise, God reminded me that His grace is sufficient.  He has called me to rest.  He promises rest to those who are weary and heavy of heart.  But rest will only come to me when I first surrender my cares back to Him.

I’ve been on this journey of 1000 gifts for a while now, and as I’ve gone back to review my graces, I am finding that I am not digging deep enough.  I am not truly seeing with the eyes of grace. Perhaps it’s because I am holding on. Holding on to what I can see, and refusing to let go and trust God with what I cannot see.

Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.  (2 Corinthians 12:9 NLT)

His grace is enough.  I am weak.  But He understands my weakness.  I am not supposed to live my life in my own strength and power.  It is a partnership with the One who is able.  The One whose strength is made perfect in my weakness.  So once again I come, with hands wide open and a heart of surrender, asking Him to take these things that I am holding on to.  These things that steal my joy and blind my eyes to the beauty that is all around me.

Grace gifts 264-275

264.  The reminder that His grace is enough.
265.  Learning that to surrender is to rest.
266.  Learning to be content.
267.  The reminder that in Him I lack nothing.
268.  The desire to do what I must to be healthy.
269.  Teaching preschoolers to build their house on the Rock.  A reminder to myself.
270.  The joy in watching young faces light up at the smallest, seemingly insignificant things.
271.  Blessing a friend and her children with dinner last night.
272.  The desire to make lists and be better organized.
273.  The praise report received last week of a friends neighbor who’s cancer is in remission.
274.  Another report where doctor’s say “the spot on your lungs is gone”.
275.  Resting.  Ceasing from my striving.

I am linking up with Ann Voskamp at A Holy Experience today.  Will you join me there?  Or leave a comment here letting me know how you are resting in His grace today.

1. Lisa says:

It is amazing how many time this verse is come across my radar screen.  Even three of my team members at More to Be shared that it is one of their favorite verses.  Crazy.  Thanks for sharing about it today.

Blessings,
    Lisa

2. Linda says:

His Grace is sufficient for me today ….I am feeling ill…but trusting in Him!

Thanks for this post Barbie.

3. Love reading your blog. Great encouragement and exposure to fresh stuff. Thanks for the links. PS I’ve added your blog to my blogroll ~ finaly, he he. Blessings to you dear one!

4. Debbie says:

Ah Barbie, I love your list and how you are digging deeper.  Rest is something that is often  hard for us.  Striving is something our human nature has learned very well.  But the things that last are things done through the power of the Holy Spirit. I always try to remember that Jesus never was harried and running about.  He was about His Father’s business and He always made time to be alone with Him.  That is my example.

Love to you,
    Debbie

• Barbie says:

Oh yes!  He is my example.  He spent time with the Father.  And He only did what He say His Father doing!  I am sure much of my stress comes from things that I do that He never asked me to.  Blessings!

5. laura brown deleon says:

Here I am, again…arms open to God in surrender.  This is a lovely post and it helped me to see the grace all around me too.  Thanks my beautiful friend.
    Laura

6. Joan says:

Barbie – I have also strugged in my attempts at listing 1000 gifts (I wrote about it a couple of weeks ago). I like what you said about seeing through the eyes of grace.

thank you for another thought-provoking poss.

7. Anonymous says:

Reminder that in HIM we lack nothing!  Amen my friend!

I love and need that reminder!

Love you,
    b

8. Anonymous says:

Why is it so hard for us to grasp that His grace really is enough?!?!  Thank you for the reminder today.  Blessings to you my friend!

9. Dena E says:

Wow Sis,,,again i say WOW!!!!     Sooooo LOVELY…
    THANK YOU JESUS for YOU and for my BLESSED in YOUR HOLY SPIRIT Sisters  that YOU have sooooo LOVINGLY placed on my path….THANK YOU for being in control….AMEN
    Prayers for your ministry Sis~~~~Hugsssss Dena
    I LOVE YOU!!!!

10. susie klein says:

His grace sometimes simply overwhelms me with it’s magnitude! If I were to judge His grace by mine, it would be long gone many moons ago, but still He loves, cares and knows me!

11. Kerri Smith says:

Thank you for the reminder that His grace is enough!! Beautiful list!
    Bless you my friend!

12. “a partnership with the One who is able” — love that!  I’m so thankful for grace that is sufficient!

13. carissa says:

i repeat to myself probably 100 times daily that His grace is enough!  it really encourages me through the highs and lows of life!