a particular attitude toward or way of regarding something; a point of view
I‘ve been asking God for perspective. Not mine, but His. There are some things in my life that if I were to continue to see them through just my own earthly eyes, I would be disappointed. My vision is cloudy and I cannot see beyond my circumstances to focus on the good. I long for God’s point of view in these areas. I long for spiritual eyes to see, for His heart of revelation to breathe into me the wisdom and belief to hang on to hope. He is faithful and He is good.
I no longer desire to see my life through my own eyes, but through His. I want to see with the eyes of hope, to look forward with the eyes of promise. There are things that I and my family are facing that I do not now what the outcome will be. But I rest in knowing that God has it all under control. And I continue to pray for wisdom and for the revelation of His heart in these areas. I want His perspective.
that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him, (Ephesians 1:17)
Grace gifts 301-315
301. Spiritual eyes to see the good in every situation.
302. Wisdom to know when to speak and when to hold my tongue.
303. His grace which sustains me through the hard days.
304. Reminders that I am loved and worthy of His love.
305. The smell of freshly disinfected counter tops.
306. My children, who have remained healthy during my illness over the last two weeks.
307. My son’s ability to lead me to encounters in worship.
308. The ability to lean on and trust God, even in uncertain times.
309. His faithfulness to provide for my family’s needs, despite lack of income.
310. Cleaning out the freezer and finding enough there for meals for most of the week.
311. Coupons that I can actually use this week.
312. My two youngest, playing quietly in the next room.
313. Peppermint White Mochas.
315. Reaching beyond my circumstances.
I am linking up with Ann today over at A Holy Experience as we journey towards 1000 gifts. Will you join me there? Or simply leave a comment below and tell me what God is teaching you about perspective.