In Real Life

© guidenop - Fotolia.com

Happy Friday!  One of the things I love about Fridays is that I get to link up with The Gypsy Mama and some other fabulous bloggers for the 5 Minute Friday.  This is where I write for 5 minutes, not worrying about perfection.  Just words flowing freely from my heart to yours.

Today’s Topic:  In Real Life

Read.  Set.  Go.

If I were to meet you in real life,
I would give you a big hug and tell you that I feel like I’ve known you all my life.

If I were to meet you in real life,
I would sit down with you to hear your heart, over coffee and chocolate of course!.

If I were to meet you in real life,
I would tell you that I love to sing, especially about Jesus!

If I were to meet you in real life,
I would tell you that I am a Martha with a heart like Mary.

If I were to meet you in real life,
I would tell you that my house is a mess and that I could use some organizational help.

If I were to meet you in real life,
I would tell you that I struggle with understanding my identity as a daughter of the King.

If I were to meet you in real life,
I would tell you that Jesus is the only One that I want.

If I were to meet you in real life,
I would tell you that I fall short.

If I were to meet you in real life,
I would tell you how much I appreciate your kind words of encouragement.

If I were to meet you in real life,
I would tell you how much you have inspired me and challenged me in my faith.

If I were to meet you in real life,
I would tell you that I hope we have a long and lasting blogging friendship,
encouraging one another along this journey.

Thank you for sharing your real life with me.

As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend.
(Proverbs 27:17)

Stop.

Now it’s your turn.

1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.

2. Link back here and invite others to join in.

3. Go a little overboard encouraging the writer who linked up before you.

1. Tiffany says:

I loved the honesty of this… it really made me smile after my own five minutes of writing, which was rather heavy this week.
    Beautiful.

2. Love this poem, what a wonderful inspiration for the prompt! Nicely done!

3. Innocent Gidget says:

That is beautiful – it really makes me want to meet you in Real Life but it also tells me that we will Meet together in the Clouds!  Oh what a beautiful day that will be!

4. Eva says:

If I were to meet you in real life…

… I could show how your words make me smile in recognition and how glad I am that you brought me here!
    Thank you for your comment on my post and for bringing me to yours!

5. Anonymous says:

Loved this, Barbie!  Wish I could meet you, In real life! 😉  Have a blessed weekend, friend.

6. Anonymous says:

sweet words for this dreary friday morning.  thank you.

7. T.C. says:

Aw, surprised myself by enjoying that! Thank you.

8. Adoption Mama says:

Great thoughts, Barbie. God has used you and it is a privilege to know you.

9. Jana says:

This is beautiful, Barbie!  I can identify with so much of what you’ve written.  So glad that blogging friends really ARE friends “in real life”!

10. This is so fantastic. I will have to do this next week for certain. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us <3

Blessings to you!

<3-Cami from First Day of My Life

11. Kerri Smith says:

I love this!! So much that I can relate to….thank you for being my real life bloggy friend. If it wasn’t for the fact that we live days apart, I’d be over for coffee (and chocolate) this afternoon!!

• Barbie says:

You are one that I would definately love to meet one day.  But even though we can’t sit and chat over coffee, I know are spirits are united through Jesus!

12. Oh how fun it would be to chat with you over coffee and chocolate — I wish!  I enjoyed the peek inside your heart today.  Jesus is the only One I want too.

13. Andrea Olsen says:

Stopping in from Gypsy Mama’s 5 Minute Friday
    Thanks for reading my post and leaving a comment . . . having read your post, I can say you sound like someone I would like to meet  . . . In Real Life.
    A hug, a song about Jesus, coffee and chocolate in an organizationally challenged room, chatting about the One we love . . . very inviting.

14. Keenalynn says:

If I met you in real life, I would tell you how much I enjoy your blog and how much your words encourage me.

15. Jenny@ADropintheBucket says:

Barbie, what a touching post.  A {{virtual}} hug right back at ya.

16. Stacy Sanchez says:

If I were to meet you in real life, I’m sure I would see Jesus shining bright in all you say and do……He surely shines bright through the words you’ve shared today.

Blessings on your weekend-
    ~Stacy

17. Matt and Jace Daily says:

Love the format of your 5-minute Friday today! Visited at the suggestion of Make Me a Mary and so glad I did. You are a lady after my own heart; you had me at coffee and chocolate.

18. I would love to meet you in real life. Loved your post! You’ve described the kind of friendship and relationship many of us long for. And, you have a beautiful blog.
    Thank you for visiting me and your kind comment! Happy to “meet” you!

19. brittany says:

beautiful! i am so grateful for the way the gypsy mama connects all of us so that we can do life together. great 5 minutes!!

20. Stephani says:

Absolutely wonderful post! I think we have a lot in common.

21. Dawn Schenck says:

I love this post. I would love to sit down and chat with you over coffee and chocolate! Have a blessed weekend!

22. jennifer says:

I’ve enjoyed visiting your blog today. This post is beautiful. I, too, need organizational help! 😉