12 In Faith

Letting Go of a Broken Heart

Today, Bonnie the Faith Barista asks this question, What season of faith are you walking through?”  Fall (letting go), Winter (loss/waiting),  Spring (new starts), or Summer (embrace & celebrate).

As the Lord continues to draw me closer to Him and as I let down my walls and allow Him to come in and invade the deepest places of my heart, I am faced with the reality that I am broken.  I see this brokenness as imperfection, short comings, not measuring up, not good enough.  Oh the lies!  If my brain had an “off” switch, I would have hit it a long time ago.  I am on a journey of discovering who I am in Christ, despite my brokenness.  What does He say about me?  How does He see me?  God wants to take my brokenness and use it for His glory.  It’s easier to hang onto it though.  It can be painful to let go.  Some days I feel as if my heart will shatter into a million pieces.  And when it does, will anyone notice?  Who will pick up the pieces?  Who will mend my broken heart?

As I sit and try to understand the thoughts and emotions that are stirring inside of me concerning my desire to let go, I hear the gentle voice of the Holy Spirit speaking to my heart.  This is what He says to me:

My child,
I love you with an everlasting love.
I am proud of who you are and what you’ve become.
But there is still more for you.
Yet, in order to experience my fullness, you must let go.
I see your heart.  I know your heart longs to please and to surrender.
But there are areas where you have not allowed me to come in.
Wounds so deep that no words can express.
But I know.  I understand.
Your heart says YES, sometimes timid and shy.
I know You long to be Mine fully,
But you must surrender these places to me.

I will not hurt you.  I am a patient and loving Father.
I promise you that when you let go of your pain,
You will find JOY.  You will find REST.  You will find PEACE.
You walk in joy now, but it is temporary.
You have moments of rest, but I want to take you deeper.
You’ve known my peace, yet your heart is in turmoil.
Will you allow me to heal your broken heart?
Will you allow me to breathe new life into you?
Will you allow me to show you the way to wholeness?

There is pain in letting go.  I understand how you feel.
I will not leave you in your brokenness.  I will be there to pick up the pieces.

I promise I will not overlook your pain.  I am the God who heals.
You say, “If only others could see and understand.”
I see.  I understand.  Trust me.
Letting go is not quitting.
Letting go is allowing your heart to heal.  To become whole again.
Trust me my child.  Let go and live!

The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.
(Psalm 34:18)

FaithBarista_FreshJamBadgeG

Visit the Faith Barista to read more heartfelt posts on seasons in life.

Lisa notes...
    September 8, 2011 at 12:01 pm

Wow.
    “You will find JOY.  You will find REST.  You will find PEACE.”
    I am so thankful he promises and fulfills his promises. This is beautiful.

Cami @ First Day of My Life
    September 8, 2011 at 3:15 pm

AMEN.

This is fantastic. Thank you for sharing these words with me today – I needed to hear it. THANK YOU! <3

<3-Cami from First Day of My Life

Adoption Mama
    September 8, 2011 at 4:25 pm

Psalm 34:18 is what my daughter and I studied today. A humble hear God desires. A broken spirit He loves. Lifting you up in prayer, friend.

Keenalynn
    September 8, 2011 at 7:01 pm

The answer to your opening question is….I am in the season of winter.  Thank you for your words of encouragement and understanding.

Daisy Escobosa
    September 8, 2011 at 7:15 pm

Amen! What a great verse. I think I’m also there right now, thank you for this post.

Mandy
    September 8, 2011 at 7:50 pm

Beautiful thoughts. I’ve been in a similar season too~ learning what God thinks of me and reminding myself that the lies in my head do not come from him. Awesome that he takes the brokenness and is faithful to use that to draw us closer. I love that in allowing him into our deepest places of hurt he reassures us that healing, joy and peace are something he desires us to have… Thanks for this today!

Patricia
    September 9, 2011 at 12:32 am

Letting go is not quitting.  Amen.  Thank you for pouring your heart out, I know he will continue to bless you.

Stephani
    September 10, 2011 at 7:25 pm

When I read this post I immediately thought of one of my favorite songs; Broken Things by Lucy Kaplansky.  You can listen to it at her website. http://www.lucykaplansky.com.  Click on the section that says audio and video and just scroll down to the song.  It’s my prayer to Jesus.  Thanks for your openess.  As my mother once told me about 25 years ago, “God can heal the broken hearted, but he wants all the pieces.”  Just like any artist, he can see the finished product.  He sees you whole, and he is creating a masterpiece of your life one moment at a time.  Have a sweet day!

~Karrilee~
    March 11, 2013 at 9:43 pm

Oh sweet Barbie… of COURSE you are a prophetic artist… of COURSE!!! This is BEAUTIFUL! So – we simply much chat! I’d love to hear how you got into this whole crazy blessed way of expressing His love. Where do you go to church? How long have you been painting… oh the questions! <3
    ~Karrilee~ recently posted..How do you Wrap Up what is still unfolding?

Jackie
    June 11, 2015 at 7:08 am

Thank you so much for sharing this today on Together We {BLOG}, i do not believe it was by accident that you selected this for Throwback Thursday. It was a timely word for me today. I appreciate it more than you can know!

June 11, 2015 at 8:18 am

Jackie, I am so thankful I followed the Holy Spirit’s leading and shared. I pray the words will continue to seep in and bless you!

Lyndsey Jones
    June 11, 2015 at 2:28 pm

This is such an empowering verse. I love how it’s a reminder that I am important to God.
    Lyndsey Jones recently posted..How to Master the Use of Social Media in 5 Easy Steps