10 In Faith

On Faith and Friendship

My beautiful daughter (far left) and her two gorgeous best friends.

(photo – Heather Armstrong Photography)

The Lord has blessed me with beautiful friends, each one a treasure in my life.  Most are the “up front and personal” kind of friends.  Those who I can call on 24/7 and they will be there.  They are the ones that will sneak away with me for coffee and chocolate when I am feeling overwhelmed.  These are the ones who brought meals after the birth of babies, sent “get well cards” in the mail, helped move and are those whose hugs I cannot go too long without.

And there are other types of friends, those distant friends.  Those who, even though all but a few I have actually met in person, are there for me, night and day, as requests for prayer and encouragement are sent through various social media networks.  They are the ones who email just to say, “I’ve been thinking of you”, or leave an encouraging word or scripture in a comment on a post, to remind me that the Lord is with me.  These are treasures that I have uncovered since I began blogging over two years ago.  I am grateful that I get to have a peek into their lives.

Each of these amazing women are what I would call true and faithful friends.

Faithful to lift my arms when I am weary.
Faithful to encourage with words that bring life and hope.
Faithful to pray for healing, even when I’ve given up.
Faithful to love me — the good, the bad and the ugly.

“Who finds a faithful friend, finds a treasure.”  –Jewish Saying

To my girlfriends.  You, who I know IRL (in real life) and you who I dream of one day getting to hug in person.  Thank you for your faithfulness towards me.  Thank you for loving me through my struggles, and for always speaking life to me through your words of encouragement, hope and healing.  You have helped me to become the woman of faith that I am today.  You have strengthened me in more ways that I can say.  I love you to the moon and back!

FaithBarista_FreshJamBadgeG

I am linking up with Bonnie the Faith Barista for Faith Jam, where we are talking about faith and friendship.  Will you join us ? Or leave a comment here sharing a story of faith and friendship in your own life.

Daisy Escobosa
    September 15, 2011 at 5:58 pm

Friends are Gods gift! I’m very grateful for my friends.

Jennifer
    September 15, 2011 at 6:56 pm

Barbie! Wonderful post! How would we survive without friends, “Real Life” or virtual? It’s been great getting to know you through this blogging world!

September 16, 2011 at 12:37 am

Thank you Jennifer!  I have loved getting to know you as well.

Charissa
    September 15, 2011 at 7:50 pm

Well said 🙂 There are soooo many different types of friendships in our lives- it’s beautiful!

Marcia
    September 15, 2011 at 8:03 pm

In life, we are blessed if we find one true friend.   Aside from Christ, I have been blessed to find two–my husband and a dear girlfriend of many years.  Love my many bloggy and online neighbors though.  Glad to hear of your special blessings.

Lisa notes...
    September 15, 2011 at 9:59 pm

I am definitely thankful for all my friends too, those in “real” life and those online that I hope I can meet someday in real life. The internet has really opened up a whole new realm of friendships that continues to bless so many of us. Thanks for sharing this.

Anonymous
    September 15, 2011 at 11:34 pm

I’m so happy to at least know you through cyberspace and I’m thankful that we will have eternity together!

September 16, 2011 at 12:37 am

I still pray someday we will meet in person.  Would love to visit your farm!

Nikole Hahn
    September 17, 2011 at 12:58 pm

I, too, have friends like that and I am so glad. They are like one of those lattes where the barista has taken the trouble to draw art on the foam of my caramel latte–special. They pray for me. They encourage me. Strangely, they understand my quirkiness.

Bonnie Gray
    September 20, 2011 at 5:54 am

I hope I can grow in friendships IRL as you have them, Barbie, right along with faith friends who’ve come alongside my journey.   I’m thinking you must be such a friend as you have described to them too!  I long for continuing friendships that can love me through the good, bad and ugly too!