The Autumn Rains

© Anita P Peppers - Fotolia.com

“Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass, it’s about learning how to dance in the rain!”  – Vivan Green

As Fall begins, I am reminded that the Lord is calling me into a season of “letting go”.  My family has gone through much hardship over the last three seasons, and in many ways, I am holding onto lost hopes, dreams and disappointments.  But through each season of hardship and uncertainty, my faith has been tested and I found myself with nowhere to look but up, choosing to trust in the One who owns a cattle on a thousand hills, because He is always good and always faithful.

God continues to call me to “let go” and to trust Him, fully and completely, without hesitation or questions. Much of my personal circumstances have not changed.  But God is the same yesterday, today and forever!  He so gently led us out of a very long winter season that seemed to have extended clear through the summer.  But now He comes afresh and anew, and He promises to pour out the autumn rain of blessing over my life, and the life of my family.

Passing through the valley of Weeping, they make it a place of springs. Yes, the autumn rain covers it with blessings.  (Psalm 84:6)

I am  learning to see with new eyes.  I am learning to see beauty in the midst of brokenness, joy in the midst of heartache and healing in the midst of pain.  But I must choose to see it.  I do not want to hang onto the memory of what could have been.  There is joy in the letting go.  As I surrender my heart to Him, all of my past hurts and failures, and answer His call to come and abide with Him, He promises to refresh my spirit with the autumn rains.

He alone causes my heart to turn and to change.  No longer holding on to hope deferred, I turn and let go.  I surrender to the One who loves me and delights in me.   May everything that I am holding onto, everything that does not bring Him glory, fall away, leaving room for more of Him.  I want Him to come and bring about change in my heart and abundant growth in this season of my life.

When the autumn rains come, you will find me outside, soaking it up, and dancing in the rain!

FaithBarista_FreshJamBadgeG

I am linking up today with Bonnie, the Faith Barista for Faith Jam.  Will you leave a comment below and share your journey of faith as we enter Fall?

1. Lisa says:

Love, love, love the quote you used at the top!  Your words remind me of the song, Yes, Lord or I’m Trading My Sorrows -” I’m trading my sorrows, I’m trading my pain.  I’m laying them down, for the joy of the Lord. ”  It’s a choice we make.  Great post, Barbie!

• Barbie says:

I love “Trading my Sorrows”!  I didn’t even think about that when I wrote the post. It sure fits!  I am trading them for the joy of the Lord.  Thanks for stopping by today.

2. Noreen says:

Hi there, Firstly I love the quote about dancing in the rain but I love your heart and the choice to let go.  I have many deferred hopes that I too have released to the Lord, trusting Him to heal my heart.  He will release His Spirit on you continually to bring you to a new land.  Sending hugs your way.
    Noreen

3. Hazel Moon says:

Change!  I dislike change very much.  At work they told us that change is GOOD, but I never believed them.  Letting go of the past is difficult, but it is part of change that is good.  Some dreams may also be cast aside, but others will come and God is in the renewal business.  He makes new if he is not able to FIX it for you !!

4. Debbie says:

Oh yes, we are so on the same page here Barbie!  Letting go and allowing God to be in control.  We both know life’s difficulties and it’s not fun but at the same time we are both growing and learning.  I love that.  May He give you His peace as only He can do.

Love,
    Debbie

5. Katie says:

Thank you for sharing so honestly!  I love how God is there and teaching us to see beauty through the pain. I have been learning this lesson.

6. Jennifer says:

Beautiful! Yes, His hope and promise sustains!

7. Charissa says:

Beautiful! I too wrote about this letting go season as well 😉

8. Kerri Smith says:

Thank you for sharing your heart! I love the song that Lisa was reminded of…”Yes, Lord!”, that song just makes you want to dance!
    I too was reminded of a song by Mercy Me, “Bring the Rain”!
    I found this link for it: http://www.christian-best-music-videos.org/Christian_video_5.php
    Bless you sweet friend as you choose to find joy, as you choose to let go, as you choose to dance in the rain!!

9. Kmelissasmallwood says:

Great post, reminds me that no matter the season, God is worth dancing for!

10. Anonymous says:

Such rich lessons in this post Barbie.  Letting go of hope deferred … Yes!  God uses you mightily in many ways Barbie.  Just as the olive is pressed and pressed to release very costly oil — your fragrant oil has been released.

Love & hugs,
    Beth

11. Bonnie Gray says:

Barbie, I’m sure it comes to no surprise to you that Psalm 84:6 was one of my go to prayers during my hears in the autumn season of faith.  It was drenched in tears which later become salve for my soul.  “I found myself with nowhere to look but up, choosing to trust” I love your Jesus turning heart and sharing transparency with us!

12. Such a beautiful post about letting go Barbie! It’s so much harder to do than we realize sometimes. Thanks for linking this up on my blog! 🙂
    Lisa @ Stop and Smell the Chocolates recently posted..Maybe I Need To LET. IT. GO. {Giveaway}

13. Lisa says:

I’ve been learning how to let go myself. When we are able to do that, there is freedom. It’s not easy though!
    Lisa recently posted..Operation Christmas Child: Pack a Shoebox. Collection This Week: November 12-19