20 In 31 Days of Abiding

Abiding {Day 11} – Perfect Peace

© Djordje Korovljevic - Fotolia.com

You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.  (Isaiah 26:3)

I long to be relentless in my pursuit of God.  I desire to come into His presence with fire in my spirit and unfaltering determination.  To come with unwavering faith in who He is and a yielded life in order that His purposes may be fulfilled in and through me.

Some days, the only determination I come with is to rid my mind of the thoughts that keep me from hearing His voice and feeling His love. You didn’t pray enough!  You didn’t read your Bible yesterday!  You yelled at your kids this morning!  I long to quiet my thoughts, to not allow the enemy to whisper in my ear that I don’t belong, that I cannot enter boldly.  In those times when my mind is so clogged with anxious thoughts that cause me to focus on my weaknesses rather than His strength, I want to turn and run.  But I know that if I can remain steadfast in my pursuit, He will bring the peace that will quiet my mind, and those thoughts of you’re not good enough will be replaced with You’re My child, and I love you, no matter what!

He promises not only to give me peace, but perfect peace, when I fix my attention on Him.  I must come into His presence with one purpose:  to see His face.  I may not literally see Him, but He shows me His beauty.  He shows me those things I must focus on in order to keep my heart alive in His presence.  When I focus on Him, on the beauty and goodness that surrounds Him, and on His faithfulness — what He’s already accomplished in my life — my mind is still and my heart is at rest.

Steadfast=  determined, resolute, relentless, single-minded; unchanging, unwavering, unhesitating, unfaltering, unswerving, unyielding, unflinching, uncompromising.

The plan I had for this 31 days of abiding is changing.  I have not been able to write the posts that I thought I wanted to write.  Instead, I am leaning in, abiding in Him, and writing what I believe is His heart not only for myself, but for you as well.  I trust these posts will be Holy Spirit breathed and speak to your heart.

Thank you for taking this journey with me so far!

*This is Day 11 of a 31 day series on “Abiding”. You can find all of my posts in this series here. And be sure to stop by some of the other 31Dayers. Over 700 bloggers have linked up so far! There is something for everyone!

dailydwelling
    October 11, 2011 at 10:46 pm

Your posts have been a blessing to me. I have needed every word you’ve written. This is a verse that I have been “dwelling” on lately. I long to experience his perfect peace. Continue trusting in Him to provide the words, His words, they are speaking and I know that they are being used in many more lives.

October 12, 2011 at 5:19 am

Thank you so much Monica!  I truly appreciate your encouragement!

Lisa
    October 11, 2011 at 10:47 pm

As I’ve said before, Barbie, God is certainly speaking the same thing to our hearts.  And I imagine to the hearts of many people.  He wants us to be still and know, and in order to do that, we must abide (remain) in Him – fully engaged.  Love this encouragement today. Many blessings!

October 12, 2011 at 5:19 am

Thank you so much Lisa!

Jamie @ Six Bricks High
    October 11, 2011 at 11:49 pm

Ah, yes! Perfect peace, when we abide, dwell, press in – thanks for encouraging us to do just that!  Keeping my mind set on Him and not my circumstances, that is my heart’s desire.

October 12, 2011 at 5:20 am

Thank you Jamie! May He give you the grace to continually abide, eyes fixed on Him!

Kerri Smith
    October 12, 2011 at 12:37 am

oh, Barbie! I love how God is speaking to you and through you…straight to me! How I long to be in perfect peace…to focus on His strengths rather than my weaknesses. I am praying for you as you allow God to lead you and the Holy Spirit fill you!

Bless you my friend!

October 12, 2011 at 5:20 am

Thank you so much my friend!

Anonymous
    October 12, 2011 at 1:56 am

Barbie, I think leaning into what He is putting in your heart you should write is a great way to go about these 31 days.  I can tell you that I needed these words today more than you can imagine.  Thank you.

October 12, 2011 at 5:20 am

I am so thankful God is speaking!

juliepellow
    October 12, 2011 at 4:24 am

I am being so blessed by your posts.  I like the direction they are moving.  God is blessing!

October 12, 2011 at 5:21 am

Thank you so much Julie!

Jennifer
    October 12, 2011 at 4:43 am

Yes, I trust that these are Spirit-breathed, too, Barbie.  Beautiful walk this is.  Thank you.

October 12, 2011 at 5:21 am

Thank you my sweet friend!

Tammyrude
    October 12, 2011 at 10:19 am

I have been blessed and encouraged to “abiding” even when I’ve wanted to give up.

~Tammy

October 12, 2011 at 3:40 pm

Thank you Tammy! I know that when I abide in Him, life is so much better, and that’s where I receive the strength to continue on. Thanks for visiting my blog today.

Wendy
    October 13, 2011 at 3:48 am

By abiding in Him, you are sharing His plan for 31 Days!  I too had many more ideas and plans that I have thrown out the window as I go through the 31 Days. Let Him continue to speak to you, because He is using YOU to speak to me and many others.

October 13, 2011 at 5:32 am

Thank you so much Wendy! This writing has been so good for my heart!

Liz Otteson
    October 15, 2011 at 12:56 pm

Barbie, I hear those voices too.  Self doubting, nagging, backsliding voices.  I’m praying for a day of steadfast focus on God for you and me (and for anyone else out there who needs it!).  Thanks for your inspiring posts.  And thanks for allowing the Spirit to shape your 31 Day journey in ways different to your original plan.  That takes flexibility and faith; I need all the examples of faith-filled flexibility that I can get!!

October 15, 2011 at 5:02 pm

Thank you so much Liz! I appreciate your visit.