Abiding {Day 13} – Strength in Waiting

(photo credit)

Have you ever waited on God for answers to prayer?  Have you ever waited for Him to come and bring refreshing to your soul?  It can feel like eternity, this waiting.  And it’s hard to not allow our minds to wander to the place of fear and doubt.

But God said to wait, to be strong and to have courage.

Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the LORD!  (Psalm 27:14)

He is the God who strengthens us during times of waiting.  For we must believe that God has a time and a place for everything.  In our microwave society, we want it now.  Why should we have to wait?  Surely, this is Your will Lord.  We must trust.  He who knows the beginning from the end.  He who sees all things.  He has a plan.  His purposes will be fulfilled.  He is faithful to the end.   As we trust  and wait, He will strengthen us and not allow us to grow tired or weary.

But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.  (Isaiah 40:31)

I am so thankful that in times when I feel I have not the strength to continue in my pursuit, that God comes in with strength for my weary heart.

*The last couple of days have been extremely busy for me.  I apologize this post is so late.

*This is Day 13 of a 31 day series on “Abiding”. You can find all of my posts in this series here. And be sure to stop by some of the other 31Dayers. Over 700 bloggers have linked up so far! There is something for everyone!

1. yolanda campbell says:

I am there now and have been for quite for some time. I have always loved this verse.Thanks so much for sharing it.

2. Anonymous says:

Thank you for this beautiful word, my friend!  I am in a VERY busy season right now.  Some days it is completely overwhelming.  But I have searched my schedule and cannot see a way to slow it down.  Instead the Lord is speaking to me (over and over and over again)  about His strength.  It’s His strength that I need to rely on each day…not my own.  What a simple truth and yet so difficult to grasp sometimes.

3. Child of God says:

Beautiful picture!
    Patience, waiting and more patience.
    God is faithful and always strengthens if we ask.

Blessings,

4. Wendy says:

That is my life verse! Yes, our family has been through a waiting period. For quite some time we have been in the “winter” period, but we are now entering the “spring” and it is all because of Him.

5. There are so many lessons in the wait.  I love that God strengthens me as I wait for Him.  Love this verse!  Thanks for sharing it today!

6. Sherrey says:

Barbie, of all my favorite verses, this one was especially needed today.  I won’t weigh you down with the reasons why but I needed to be reminded His strength is always there for us.  I appreciate your writing and your love of God’s Word.

7. Mrs. H says:

Here via The Mommy Matters’ Spotlight Saturday… great scripture, great reminder. Thank you. I’ve been struggling with my own “waiting” issues myself. Trying to be content in the now.
    I will be back to check out the rest of your 31. (I’m doing 31 Days of Kicking Out Excuses).

8. Courtney K says:

I needed to read this today. And yesterday. And days before. Thank you. I can’t tell you how much I needed this.