12 In 31 Days of Abiding

Abiding {Day 23} – He Satisfies!

© Nejron Photo - Fotolia.com

O God, you are my God;
I earnestly search for you.
My soul thirsts for you;
my whole body longs for you
in this parched and weary land
where there is no water.
I have seen you in your sanctuary
and gazed upon your power and glory.
Your unfailing love is better than life itself;
how I praise you!
I will praise you as long as I live,
lifting up my hands to you in prayer.
You satisfy me more than the richest feast.
I will praise you with songs of joy.
(Psalm 63:1-5)

Wow, I cannot believe that there are just 8 days left in this blog series.  To all of my lovely followers, new friends and stalkers who have stopped by and encouraged me along the way by your comments and emails, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.  I cannot say it’s been an easy journey, but it’s been an extremely “eye opening” one.  In going through this process, I have been faced with my lack.  And I know that God is the only One who can fill me.  We have journeyed together in this place of longing and in doing so we are learning to abide.

Over the next week, I want to share with you about abiding in the dry places and in the place where your life is rocked without warning by winds and rains so strong that they threaten everything you thought you knew.  I want to talk about those times when we cannot hear, see or feel God.  I know we’ve all been there, when our hearts cry out for Him to come, and we are left feeling lost, scared and alone.  Yet, He is there.  He has never left you nor forsaken you, and He never will.  And I want to share about the storms.  Beloved, I have walked through some storms over the last couple of years.  I hope to encourage you through what He’s done in my life.

Above all, whether we are in the midst of a desert longing to be filled, or we are faced with a storm so fierce we don’t know which way to turn, God alone is the one who satisfies.  He is not only able to meet us in our places of need, but He is willing.  For His unfailing love is better than life!

Looking forward to continuing the journey with you!

*This is Days 23 of a 31 day series on “Abiding”. You can find all of my posts in this series here. And be sure to stop by some of the other 31Dayers. Over 700 bloggers have linked up so far! There is something for everyone!

Joan
    October 23, 2011 at 12:01 pm

Barbie:  Psalm 63 is one that has come to mean so much to me. Although I haven’t been able to visit and read your entire month of posts, I hope to be able to this next week.

I’ve been in those desert places…it’s not fun, but I find that God usually takes me there in order to help me grow.

Blessings,
    Joan

October 24, 2011 at 2:45 am

Joan, I love how He gently leads us their.  He is such a good Shepherd.  Have a beautiful week!

Child of God
    October 23, 2011 at 2:45 pm

Hi Barbie,
    I am looking forward to reading ‘in the dry places’.
    God alone does satisfy. I find it funny how quickly I can forget this.

Blessings,

October 24, 2011 at 2:46 am

I know what you mean.  I run around trying to fill my void with other things.  When I finally run into God’s arms, I can hear him say, “There you are.  I’ve been waiting for you”!  Have a beautiful week.

Chelsea
    October 24, 2011 at 1:39 am

So looking forward to your coming posts! I already know God purposed for me to read them. Thank you for seeking Him the way you do, otherwise girls like me would not be encouraged the way I am.

October 24, 2011 at 2:47 am

Thank  you Chelsea.  So thankful you are being blessed by reading.  Have a beautiful week.

jkhenderson3
    October 24, 2011 at 3:59 am

I love how much our studies have paralleled one another. And yet, how I have also been able to come here and get fresh words that help me go even deeper. Blessings to you as you finish up this week! Love,
    K

October 24, 2011 at 7:39 am

You too my friend!  I have been so blessed through your journey!

Jamie @ Six Bricks High
    October 24, 2011 at 5:07 am

Yes – better than life!  Looking forward to reading your words this week.  I have found such encouragement in your words during this series.

October 24, 2011 at 7:39 am

Thank you Jamie!

gina
    October 24, 2011 at 5:48 am

One of my all time favorite worship songs, “And so I will bless thee, as long as I live, I will lift up my hands, to Your name…” This brings back great memories of seeking the Lord in the “dry and weary land”, and what a gift the wilderness is. He is so tender to us,
    -gina

October 24, 2011 at 7:39 am

Thanks for stopping by Gina!  I just wrote tonight about embracing the desert!