The Little Things
“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” – Robert Brault
Today I am reminded to look for the little blessings in my life. These are not necessarily the ones that are noticeable. I often have to look for them.
Choosing to see the dimple in my son’s cheek when he smiles.
Or the sparkle in my daughter’s eyes when we cuddle.
Choosing to hear the heart of my husband.
Or the ray of sunshine on a cloudy day.
Life has been busy. I am trying to catch up, and in the midst of my hurried and frenzied state, His blessings abound. Today I am intentionally looking for the small blessings. I don’t want to miss them.
Grace gifts 316-330
316. A husband who ran out to get me coffee “just because”.
317. The leaves that are turning color, reminding me that I am changing, becoming more Christ like.
318. 3 baskets of laundry folded, finally.
319. Uncovered treasures in boxes still packed from a year ago when we moved.
320. Air popped pop corn. Slowly making changes.
321. For fall decor. I don’t have much of it, but I love looking at it.
322. The smell of cinnamon candles.
323. My 8yo son, who wears his “LIFE band” so he will remember to pray that unborn babies will live.
324. Learning to abide, even in the midst of writing for 31 days on the subject.
325. For my Keurig which brews iced coffee.
326. Small purple flowers that remind me that I am royalty.
327. Lunch date with my sister-in-luv at my favorite Chinese restaurant.
328. Finding change on the sidewalk. A reminder that God is my provider.
329. Butterflies. They are free to fly and so am I!
330. For The Healing Wind (prophetic soaking music and intercession) streamed to my iPhone.
I am linking up with A Holy Experience today as we count toward 1000 gifts. Will you join us? Or leave a comment below and let me know something small that you are thankful for today.