15 In Faith

The Little Things

© Colette - Fotolia.com

“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” – Robert Brault

Today I am reminded to look for the little blessings in my life.  These are not necessarily the ones that are noticeable.  I often have to look for them.

Choosing to see the dimple in my son’s cheek when he smiles.
Or the sparkle in my daughter’s eyes when we cuddle.
Choosing to hear the heart of my husband.
Or the ray of sunshine on a cloudy day.

Life has been busy.  I am trying to catch up, and in the midst of my hurried and frenzied state, His blessings abound.  Today I am intentionally looking for the small blessings.  I don’t want to miss them.

Grace gifts 316-330

316.  A husband who ran out to get me coffee “just because”.
317.  The leaves that are turning color, reminding me that I am changing, becoming more Christ like.
318.  3 baskets of laundry folded, finally.
319.  Uncovered treasures in boxes still packed from a year ago when we moved.
320.  Air popped pop corn.  Slowly making changes.
321.  For fall decor.  I don’t have much of it, but I love looking at it.
322.  The smell of cinnamon candles.
323.  My 8yo son, who wears his “LIFE band” so he will remember to pray that unborn babies will live.
324.  Learning to abide, even in the midst of writing for 31 days on the subject.
325.  For my Keurig which brews iced coffee.
326.  Small purple flowers that remind me that I am royalty.
327.  Lunch date with my sister-in-luv at my favorite Chinese restaurant.
328.  Finding change on the sidewalk.  A reminder that God is my provider.
329.  Butterflies.  They are free to fly and so am I!
330.  For The Healing Wind (prophetic soaking music and intercession) streamed to my iPhone.

I am linking up with A Holy Experience today as we count toward 1000 gifts.  Will you join us?  Or leave a comment below and let me know something small that you are thankful for today.

Kristi
    October 3, 2011 at 8:58 pm

Love, love, love this post and your opening quote and photo. Beautiful and so true!

October 4, 2011 at 6:35 am

Thank you Kristi!

Lisa
    October 3, 2011 at 10:17 pm

It truly is the little things, isn’t it?  Great list, Barbie ~ many blessings!

October 4, 2011 at 6:36 am

I am learning to focus more on the small things! Thanks for stopping by today.

Julie
    October 3, 2011 at 10:28 pm

Tears came to me as I read grace gift 323.  We are expecting our 2nd son in the next few weeks.  We lost a precious daughter at 23 weeks a little over a year ago.  Thank you to your son for his prayers.  God is so gracious!

Anonymous
    October 3, 2011 at 11:11 pm

stopping by from ann’s place and so enjoyed your post!

October 4, 2011 at 6:38 am

Thanks for stopping by!

Elise Hurd
    October 4, 2011 at 12:30 am

Beautiful. Thank you.

Jennifer_StudioJRU
    October 4, 2011 at 2:28 am

#316… so sweet! #319… love it when that happens! #323… what a precious heart he has. Free to fly… love that!! 🙂

October 4, 2011 at 6:38 am

Thanks Jennifer!

Jennifer
    October 4, 2011 at 4:25 am

Yes!  So beautiful and crucial.  This is where I need to stay — in the beautiful, small moments.  I don’t want to miss this!  Thank you.

October 4, 2011 at 6:39 am

I am learning to slow down and to notice the small blessings!

Jana
    October 4, 2011 at 4:57 am

What a blessing this was!  I am so touched by #323; your son must have a tender heart.  I like him already.  Thank you for taking time to appreciate the *little* things today.

October 4, 2011 at 6:39 am

Thanks for stopping by Jana.  I so appreciate it!

October 4, 2011 at 6:38 am

Oh Julie, how heartbreaking.  I am so thankful for the gift of your soon-to-be born son.  My little boy has such a tender heart.  Thanks for stopping by today.