Five Minute Friday: Remember

© ewa kubicka -

Today I am linking up with Lisa-Jo, the Gypsy Mama, as we write for just 5 minutes.  Five minutes of words which flow unrestricted out of the deeper places of my heart.  Today I write freely, without worrying if it’s just perfect.  No obsessive editing.  Not a care as to what anyone else might think.  Just me and my words, flowing freely from my heart to yours.

Today’s prompt:  Remember

In this season of Thanksgiving, I want to remember His goodness.  I’ve been reflecting on His faithfulness.  I’ve been pondering all that He has done, and is yet to do.  I want to be purposeful to remember to give Him praise, for He is worthy.  I don’t just want to praise Him during the good times, but during the hard times as well.  For He has remembered me.  When I was lost, stuck in my sin, and walking down the wrong path, He remembered then that I was His.  He remembered then that He had called me by name.  Today I remember that He thought of me, before the foundation of the World.  And when I stumble, when I choose the wrong path, when I get down and feel as if I’ve lost my way, He still remembers me.  Today I remember all that He has done for me.  He is good.  I want to always remember to give Him thanks and praise.  He is so worthy.  He is always good.  He never ceases to give me good gifts.

Let all that I am praise the LORD; may I never forget the good things he does for me.
(Psalm 103:2 NLT)

Father, today I remember all that You have done for me.  I remember your deeds, and Your faithfulness towards me.  I remember that you love me, and will never leave me nor forsake me.  I remember that you are good, despite what my circumstances tell me.  Today I remember to give you praise!

I am linking up with Lisa-Jo, the Gypsy Mama, as we write for just 5 minutes out of the overflow.  Will you join me?  Here’s how:

1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. Most importantly: leave a comment for the person who linked up before you – encouraging them in their writing!

1. Anonymous says:

Hi, Stopping by from 5MF and glad that I did.  Joining you in your thoughts, and guessing that it will come easier as you’ve made your intention known.  I hope you find thanks in everything, now and always 🙂

2. carissa graham says:

i think the best medicine for a sad heart is to recount the ways God has been faithful.  usually the list is endless and i can’t even remember what i was blue over in the first place.  : )

3. Shelly says:

I echo your sentiments today. Remembering God’s faithfulness over the course of life brings such thankfulness, doesn’t it? Lovely post.

4. Anonymous says:

Ha, Barbie we used the same scripture!  Except I messed it up at first.  I agree, I want to praise Him at all times!

I love your heart.

5. See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands, you are mine!
    LOVE the name of your blog!

6. Dalia says:

Beautifully written as always.  I find serenity here Barbie and for that I thank you, for your beautiful writing and your thoughts.  I always find myself back where I want to be when I visit your blog.  For he is always good and always there waiting for us. Have a blessed weekend.

7. Jennifer Camp says:

Dear Barbie,
    I love your steadfast heart.  You move me towards him, as I long to remember Him too.  Thank you.

8. Stephani says:

Yes! I’m trying to remember him too, in all I do and say and think.  How is it that we ever forget him? He is so faithful!

9. maranatha says:

I love how the Lord allows low points and trials to filter into our life in order to redirect us back to Him and only Him. He is our only true joy and sometimes we forget this until we fall on our face before Him.

10. Brandy C. says:

Amen! We’ve got to remember that He is always in absolute, perfect control … …. …. and that, while things look bad while in the midst of them, we can often look back and see all we learned and all the GOOD that happened during that time because of those bad/rough times!

Good reminder.

Thanks for dropping by my blog! I’m glad to have “met” you! Adding your blog to my Reader 😀

11. Chelsey Hall says:

“I don’t just want to praise Him during the good times, but during the hard times as well. “… Barbie – yes! This has been my hearts cry of late – remembering to praise him even in the hard, tough moments. Beautiful.

Thanks, too, for linking and sharing in the Koinonia Community! 🙂