Scripture Sunday: {Where is your treasure?}

“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.  But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.  For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”   (Matthew 6:19-21)

Are you fixing your eyes on Jesus today?  Are the affections of your heart turned towards Him, and away from the things that surround you?  What are the things that you are holding onto that He is calling You to lay down?  What treasure in your life can you offer up to the Father, in return for the treasure that will last?  What He has for you is so much better than what this world has to offer.

May He alone be the treasure that you seek.  And may you comprehend that You are a Daughter of the King and His treasured possession.

“The LORD your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession.”  (Deuteronomy 7:6)

Have a blessed SONday friends!

*Scripture Sunday is a new meme that I will be starting in January.  It’s a place to share God’s Word and just a small note of encouragement.  Will you join me?  I would love to have you!

1. Christan says:

What truth!  Thank you, Barbie, for this ever-important reminder.  HE is our treasure, and amazingly, we are His beloved despite our tendency to forget His great worth over and over.  Thank you.

2. Anonymous says:

Hi Barbie,
    I  recently wrote about this very topic – where we store our treasures. I found Matt. 6:21 in The Message reads: “The place where your treasure is, is the place you will most want to be, and end up being.” I’d never thought about it like this before, but it makes so much sense. What I treasure most is where I want to spend my time, it’s what I want to focus on, and grow closer to.

I  love this new Scripture Sunday theme! Great idea!

In Christ,
    Laura

3. Beautifully said.  In this season, it’s really EASY to get wrapped up in all the “things” of this earth.  I’m desperately trying to remember what my real treasure is and why this season is so precious to us, as Christians.  Thank you for this reminder.  I can’t wait for your Sunday meme to begin…in fact, I was so excited, I just had to share my own with a tidbit about what God spoke to my heart during Sunday morning service today. http://tjsmhanesfamily.blogspot.com/2011/11/sunday-scripture-of-pride-humility.html

4. Joan says:

Hi Barbie:

I’m so glad you are starting this meme. I have thought about doing a scripture meme, but since I already host The Grace Cafe on Thursdays, I can hardly commit to hosting two.  I pray you have a blessed week.

5. Cyndi Spivey says:

I love that verse and I think I’m going to use it tomorrow for my Beauty for the Heart. I was praying for the Lord to show me a verse!
    Thanks Barbie!!!

6. Dalia says:

That is one of my favorite passages.  It keeps me focused always on him.  Thank you Barbie for reminding us. I hope that you had a blessed weekend.

7. charis says:

great idea and great passage to start with!  i would love to join in sometimes!