15 In Faith

Scripture Sunday: {Where is your treasure?}

“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.  But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.  For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”   (Matthew 6:19-21)

Are you fixing your eyes on Jesus today?  Are the affections of your heart turned towards Him, and away from the things that surround you?  What are the things that you are holding onto that He is calling You to lay down?  What treasure in your life can you offer up to the Father, in return for the treasure that will last?  What He has for you is so much better than what this world has to offer.

May He alone be the treasure that you seek.  And may you comprehend that You are a Daughter of the King and His treasured possession.

“The LORD your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession.”  (Deuteronomy 7:6)

Have a blessed SONday friends!

*Scripture Sunday is a new meme that I will be starting in January.  It’s a place to share God’s Word and just a small note of encouragement.  Will you join me?  I would love to have you!

Christan
    November 27, 2011 at 6:00 am

What truth!  Thank you, Barbie, for this ever-important reminder.  HE is our treasure, and amazingly, we are His beloved despite our tendency to forget His great worth over and over.  Thank you.

November 28, 2011 at 12:25 am

Thanks for stopping by today Christan!

Anonymous
    November 27, 2011 at 7:28 am

Hi Barbie,
    I  recently wrote about this very topic – where we store our treasures. I found Matt. 6:21 in The Message reads: “The place where your treasure is, is the place you will most want to be, and end up being.” I’d never thought about it like this before, but it makes so much sense. What I treasure most is where I want to spend my time, it’s what I want to focus on, and grow closer to.

I  love this new Scripture Sunday theme! Great idea!

In Christ,
    Laura

November 28, 2011 at 12:26 am

Oh I just love The Message translation.  Really makes the scripture “pop”.  I hope you will join me on Sundays in January (well, for however long).  It would be wonderful to have you along!

Laura Rath
        November 28, 2011 at 12:14 pm

Absolutely! See you on Sundays!

November 28, 2011 at 1:35 pm

Wonderful. And I am thinking I might start this in December, moving through the Advent scriptures. And I think I have a new name “Fresh Brewed Sundays”. Fits my blog. What do you think?

Stephanie Hanes
    November 27, 2011 at 1:24 pm

Beautifully said.  In this season, it’s really EASY to get wrapped up in all the “things” of this earth.  I’m desperately trying to remember what my real treasure is and why this season is so precious to us, as Christians.  Thank you for this reminder.  I can’t wait for your Sunday meme to begin…in fact, I was so excited, I just had to share my own with a tidbit about what God spoke to my heart during Sunday morning service today. http://tjsmhanesfamily.blogspot.com/2011/11/sunday-scripture-of-pride-humility.html

November 28, 2011 at 12:27 am

Thank you Stephanie!  It will be wonderful to have you link up.  I am off to read your post!

Joan
    November 27, 2011 at 3:30 pm

Hi Barbie:

I’m so glad you are starting this meme. I have thought about doing a scripture meme, but since I already host The Grace Cafe on Thursdays, I can hardly commit to hosting two.  I pray you have a blessed week.

November 27, 2011 at 4:50 pm

I hope you will join me when you can Joan. I will have a button for the meme later this month, when I start promoting it more! Have blessed evening!

Cyndi Spivey
    November 27, 2011 at 6:38 pm

I love that verse and I think I’m going to use it tomorrow for my Beauty for the Heart. I was praying for the Lord to show me a verse!
    Thanks Barbie!!!

November 27, 2011 at 9:57 pm

Wonderful! I cant’ wait to read what you have to share.

Dalia
    November 27, 2011 at 11:40 pm

That is one of my favorite passages.  It keeps me focused always on him.  Thank you Barbie for reminding us. I hope that you had a blessed weekend.

November 28, 2011 at 12:28 am

Thank you for stopping by Dalia!  I appreciate your visits.

charis
    November 29, 2011 at 4:02 pm

great idea and great passage to start with!  i would love to join in sometimes!