15 In Faith

In weakness He came

For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Of the greatness of his government and peace
there will be no end.   (Isaiah 9:6-7)

I was sitting in the Prayer Room on Friday as the team was singing through this passage of scripture.  I was overwhelmed as I sat and reflected on Jesus.  My Jesus.  My Strong Tower, my Deliverer.  The One who holds me up by His strong Right Arm.  He who came, wrapped up in a heavenly strength unseen by man.  He who came, carrying the government of heaven on His shoulders.

I had a conversation with Jesus that night.  I had questions.  Jesus, what did it feel like the moment you were born?  Did you feel the weight of the world in the moment you shed the glory of Heaven and took on human flesh?  When you came forth, carrying the Kingdom of Heaven, did you also sense the darkness of this world?

I love that God allows me to ask questions.  And I love how He doesn’t always answer me right away, but allows me to dig a little deeper.  Tonight as we meditated on this same passage of scripture, and talked about it in our briefing, I was reminded that Jesus had to take off the glory of heaven, taking on the form of a servant, in order that we might be redeemed.  He who is strength defined, had to become weak for my sake.  For your sake.

Though he was God,
he did not think of equality with God
as something to cling to.
Instead, he gave up his divine privileges;
he took the humble position of a slave
and was born as a human being.  (Phil. 2:6-7)

You see my friends, if Jesus had not come in weakness, if He had not come in a state of complete dependency on the Creator God, we would not have a Savior.  The Man, Christ Jesus, God in the flesh.  He came, in weakness, yet carrying a strength unseen by man.  A strength we will only know as we surrender our hearts fully to Him.

Kerri Smith
    December 14, 2011 at 6:14 am

It always amazing me when I think of all of the grand entrances Jesus could of made into this world and He choose to enter as a babe, born in a manger. Such a humble entrance.
    I love this….”He came, in weakness, yet carrying a strength unseen by man. A strength we will only know as we surrender our hearts fully to Him.” Praise God!

December 14, 2011 at 9:58 pm

It boggles my mind!  Thanks for stopping by Kerri!  I’ve missed you!

Alene Snodgrass
    December 14, 2011 at 7:41 am

So I think it is confirmed. Our souls speak the same language. LOL My heart has been so stirred by the stable and what it was really like this Christmas season. I wrote too today, about the lowly Christ babe. The King of kings came to the stinky, dirty stable. My mind can not even fathom the humbleness of our Savior. Love you friend. Blessings this Wednesday!

December 14, 2011 at 9:58 pm

Ah, I love it!  Can’t wait to read your post!

Anonymous
    December 14, 2011 at 11:00 am

This is beautiful, Barbie!  He became weak for my sake – that I might be strong in Him.  I do love that we can sit in His presence and ask these questions of Him.   May I always live in full surrender to Him!

Many blessings,
    Lisa
    A Moment with God

December 14, 2011 at 9:59 pm

Thank you Lisa!

Laura Rath
    December 14, 2011 at 12:11 pm

“My Jesus.  My Strong Tower, my Deliverer.  The One who holds me up by His strong Right Arm….A strength we will only know as we surrender our hearts fully to Him. ”

Words I needed to hear today. Thank you for sharing this!

In Christ,
    Laura

December 14, 2011 at 9:59 pm

He is your strength!  Thanks for stopping by!

Child of God
    December 14, 2011 at 1:24 pm

Hi Barbie,
    Thanks for sharing what you are learning. It always blows me away knowing Jesus gave up so much for us. There is no human king in history, except Jesus, that would even think of doing all He did for us. He truly is the perfect Groom/Knight in shining armor. Valor can be defined by Jesus Christ.

Blessings,

Venessa
    December 14, 2011 at 1:45 pm

Love this. It is so easy to forget what he did to enter this world..at least it is for me. But he came, for us and his strength is what keeps me going!

December 14, 2011 at 10:00 pm

Thank you Venessa!

Jamie @ Six Bricks High
    December 14, 2011 at 11:08 pm

I’m so in awe of all He has done for me – truly amazing!  So thankful for that strength found only in Him.