Ornaments. We have them in every size, shape and color imaginable. Round balls with gold trim, silver icecycle sticks, glass snowman and angels. I love collecting fragile and ornate ones, those that I can keep to myself. And then there are the hand made ornaments made by my children. These are the ones that take me back to when my children were little. Oh how I miss those days. Their eyes full of wonder. It didn’t take much to bring them joy, to see them smile.
As I sat and watched my children place the ornaments carefully on the tree, I gave thanks to God for the memories of the simpler days, and I was reminded that I am called to a simple life. Life can be too complex at times. We blow it up out of proportion, forgetting our focus and that’s when it become unmanageable. But if we allow ourselves to lay back for a moment and rest, we will see that there is joy and beauty everywhere we go.
I pray that you will slow down for just a little bit today and look upon the simplicity of the season. Just for a moment, leave the hustle and bustle behind and stop and breathe Him in. Allow Him to make memories in your heart and life today.
Grace gifts 386-400
386. No rain on the day we cut down our tree.
387. Watching my children decorate the tree.
388. Hearing gasps of delight as my children uncover ornaments full of memories.
389. Christmas music!
390. A new purse.
391. A job that will keep my husband working for the next 10-12 months!
392. Dinner with friends.
393. Homemade toffee!
394. Christmas celebration with the best church staff and board on the planet!
395. The hope that Jesus brings in the midst of tragedy.
396. The light of His Word. Darkness will not prevail.
397. The comfort of the Holy Spirit.
398. The excitement of my children leading up to our Christmas celebration.
399. Sales on most things on my list this year.
400. God’s little reminders that I am loved.
I am linking up with Ann at A Holy Experience today, where we are sharing our gifts to 1000 (and beyond). Will you join me there? Or leave a comment below and tell me how you are making memories this season.