10 In Weekend Whispers

The Weekend Brew: The gift of giving

© yellowj - Fotolia.com

Give, and you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full—pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, running over, and poured into your lap. The amount you give will determine the amount you get back.  (Luke 6:38)

I love this scripture.  It’s quoted here in the New Living Translation.  God promises that when we give, of what we have, no matter how small the gift, it will return to us in full, and there will be room for more.  During this busy Christmas season, may we take time to ask God how we can bless someone else with the gifts we have been given.  It does not have to be a large, monetary gift.  Perhaps you can give a smile, a hug, or the gift of your time.  Pray and ask the Lord how He desires to use you to bless another and may you be blessed with abundance this season.

Will you join me for Fresh Brewed Sundays?  This is were we share a scripture with just a simple reflection. No heavy words needed here.  Link up and visit others and be encouraged through the simplicity of His Word.

Anonymous
    December 11, 2011 at 5:07 am

I have always loved this scripture Barbie.  We definitely cannot out-give God.  Some friends of mine were stuck in the horrible earthquake in Haiti a few years ago.  They had taken $500 dollars (I think was the amount) with them to give to the owner of an orphanage there.  After the earthquake, they continued to hand out money to those in need.  They gave out well over  $1000 of money they didn’t have on them when they arrived.

Our God has a way of multiplying.

But you’re right — not just monetarily, but in every way.

Bless you!
    Beth

December 12, 2011 at 8:40 am

Wow, what an amazing story! He always has enough, doesn’t He?

Lea
    December 11, 2011 at 7:16 pm

Love that verse and I’m so thankful for parents that taught me from a little child the “gift of giving.”  We never had much as I was growing up but it didn’t matter, we always gave to others and the Lord truly blessed our giving and I knew that even as a small child.  And, there were many times that others gave to us and it always seem to come at just the most needed time.

Blessings for a wonderful week!

December 12, 2011 at 8:41 am

I didn’t understand the concept of giving until I was a young adult. Not growing up in a Christian home, this was not taught to me. I am so thankful for God’s abundant supply!

Kerri Smith
    December 12, 2011 at 6:04 am

A beautiful verse….not just a reminder for the Christmas season but for everyday! What better a gift than the one given!
    Have a beautiful week, Barbie!

December 12, 2011 at 8:39 am

Thanks Kerri! Praying you are doing well!

Child of God
    December 12, 2011 at 8:03 am

Hi Barbie,
    Thank you for stopping by my blog and offering up prayers for Wayne. You are a special prayer warrior and I am so thankful for your fellowship.

This is a great idea! I will definitely join you, sorry I missed it this week but I will link up next Sunday for sure.

Praying you have a great week.

In Him,

December 12, 2011 at 8:38 am

Thank you friend. Whenever you can link up, I would love to have you join in! Have a blessed week!

Denise Oldham