The Weekend Brew: Unending Mercy

© SFG -

Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, “The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.”  The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him.  (Lamentations 3:22-25)

Beloved Ones, today is a brand new day!  The Lord, in His great love and unending mercy has wiped our slates clean.  All of the striving from yesterday, the shortcomings, the places where we’ve sensed failure.  He doesn’t see our yesterday.  Do not dwell on what you feel you should have done, or done better.  But look instead towards the SON!  Let His mercy wash over you.  He is faithful to meet you if you will wait on Him.  Slow down.  Be still.  Wait.  He is faithful.  He will not fail you.

Happy SONday girls!

I am starting a brand new meme.  Will you join me?  You can find out more about it by clicking the button above.  I hope that you will, when you feel inspired.  Leave me a comment below and let me know if you plan to link up.  I will have the link up available beginning next week!  I would love for you to display the button I made in your posts.  I couldn’t figure out how to do a code grab box, but you can just link it back go my blog.  (If you would like to help me create a code grab box, I would love you forever!)

1. charis says:

that is seriously one of my favorite chapters in the Bible.  it sustained me for a very difficult year.

2. Charissa McPherson says:

thank you for this sweet little reminder today! needed it 🙂

3. Cyndi Spivey says:

Yes, I’ll join you! and I love your button, so cute!
    Happy SONday friend,

4. Maria @ A Blooming Spirit says:

Barbie I would love to join you and can definitely help you with the button code box.

Maria @ A Blooming Spirit

5. Laura Rath says:

Thanks Barbie, I needed this sweet reminder today! I’ll join you in this, and I love the button!

6. Joan says:

I would love to join you. I always do a Saturday post called Weekend Reflections in which I feature a photo, a scripture, a “reflection” and a prayer. If it is okay, I’ll link those.

I actually figured out how to do a grab code box for WordPress, I made one for my weekly link up and one for my 30 Days of Thanksgiving Series. If you email me, I’ll try to walk you through it.  (It’s pretty easy if you already have a blog button (which you do).

• Barbie says:

Of course you may link up your Saturday post. The more scriptures that we can reflect on going into our week the better. Someone sent me a tutorial for the grab box. If I still need help, I’ll let you know! Blessings!

7. I LOVE this passage!  It’s one I have to hold onto as a mom, wife, sister, friend who messes up often.  I’m SO glad His mercies are new every morning AND that they are never ending.  I linked up today already – I told you I’m too excited about this.  : )

8. Beautiful words. Beautiful reminder that yesterday does not matter. Today, today is what is important! 🙂

9. Marcia says:

Thank you, Barbie, this is perfect timing for me.  It goes perfectly with my quiet time this morning.  God is so good.
    Thank you for stopping by too.

10. Tamika Eason says:

I love this! Happy SONday!

I wish I knew how to create a button for you. I’m still trying to figure out how to add them to my sidebar:)

11. Stephanie M. Page says:

Hi Barbie! I don’t usually blog on Sundays but maybe this would be a good time to start…=) I can help with a code grab box if you are still in need of help..=)

• Barbie says:

No pressure. You can link it up from another day perhaps? And I cannot get the grab thing to work, although I was sent some information. I want to learn, because I need to create another button for my upcoming January Bible study which will need a grab code as well. I can get a code, but when I test it, all there is a white box. I am close!

12. carissa graham says:

this verse offers us such hope and promise.  no matter what we face, what we will face, or what we’ve done, His compassions never fail us.  what joy this brings!  thanks for this Truth, Barbie!