Embracing the Journey
Here we are friends. The first day of 2012 is now but a memory. How are you feeling as you walk forward into the unknown, into all that has yet to be revealed? Perhaps you are a little hesitant to step out and move forward, after facing pain or disappointment last year. Or perhaps you are walking along a little slowly, feeling the nudge of the Holy Spirit, “Come on, I’ll go with you”, after feeling like you failed or didn’t measure up last year. Or maybe you are skipping along, with a joyful heart, ready to see what is around the bend, fully ready to embrace the new year in front of you!
Me? I am ready to embrace all that God has for me this year. I was not perfect last year. Far from it. But I know that God loves me and has good things in store for me. I am excited to pursue Him with purpose this year and watch His blessings unfold. I am walking forward, full of hope and expectation.
“For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” (Jeremiah 29:11)
Continuing to count my gifts.
Grace gifts 421-431
421. A new year, full of hope and promise.
422. New goals.
423. A plan to achieve those goals.
424. Those who keep me accountable to my goals.
425. My new Kindle. It’s really making reading so much easier.
426. Worshiping Jesus and praying for unreached people groups.
427. Fasting. It’s a good discipline for my body, soul and spirit.
428. That God gives me the grace and strength to fast.
429. His Word. Genesis 1:1 – “In the beginning, GOD.” I could stay here for a while.
430. A new study which I will be blogging about each Wednesday, using this book.
431. Friends who call out the gold in me.
I am linking up with Ann today over at A Holy Experience. Will you join me there as we count our gifts? Or just leave me a comment and let me know how you are feeling as you step into the new year.