Faith

Embracing the Journey

© Mykola Mazuryk - Fotolia.com

Here we are friends.  The first day of 2012 is now but a memory.  How are you feeling as you walk forward into the unknown, into all that has yet to be revealed?  Perhaps you are a little hesitant to step out and move forward, after facing pain or disappointment last year.  Or perhaps you are walking along a little slowly, feeling the nudge of the Holy Spirit, “Come on, I’ll go with you”, after feeling like you failed or didn’t measure up last year.  Or maybe you are skipping along, with a joyful heart, ready to see what is around the bend, fully ready to embrace the new year in front of you!

Me?  I am ready to embrace all that God has for me this year.  I was not perfect last year.  Far from it.  But I know that God loves me and has good things in store for me.  I am excited to pursue Him with purpose this year and watch His blessings unfold.  I am walking forward, full of hope and expectation.

“For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”  (Jeremiah 29:11)

Continuing to count my gifts.

Grace gifts 421-431

421.  A new year, full of hope and promise.
422.  New goals.
423.  A plan to achieve those goals.
424.  Those who keep me accountable to my goals.
425.  My new Kindle.  It’s really making reading so much easier.
426.  Worshiping Jesus and praying for unreached people groups.
427.  Fasting.  It’s a good discipline for my body, soul and spirit.
428.  That God gives me the grace and strength to fast.
429.  His Word.  Genesis 1:1 – “In the beginning, GOD.”  I could stay here for a while.
430.  A new study which I will be blogging about each Wednesday, using this book.
431.  Friends who call out the gold in me.

I am linking up with Ann today over at A Holy Experience.  Will you join me there as we count our gifts?  Or just leave me a comment and let me know how you are feeling as you step into the new year.

29 thoughts on “Embracing the Journey”

1. Barbie says:

Yes.  I think it’s going to be a great year!  Thanks for stopping by Jamie!

1. Charina says:

I will continue to let Him write and be a part of my story…..it’s my life – His story.

Be blessed!

1. Barbie says:

A great place to be in, totally yielded to the Father.  Blessings!

2. Janet says:

Hi Barbie,
    I think in my Seeking Him this year I am moving a little slower in 2012 and anticipating the nudge from the Holy Spirit while I soak in His word.

Warmly,
    Janet

1. Barbie says:

That’s a good place to be in Janet!

3. laura deleon says:

I keep expecting some dramtic feeling of change to come over me…I do not want the same old thing…I can’t keep going the same old way.  I am hoping for…hoping…hoping…

4. Alene Snodgrass says:

Girl – I was so full of hope and anticipation. Then WHAM – I’ve been sick and in bed since new years eve. Tomorrow, I will resurrect that passion of expectation within me. Oh yes I will!!!

1. Barbie says:

Oh that’s not fun. Thankful you are feeling better! He’s got GOOD things for you this year!

1. Alene Snodgrass says:

Ah YES – the expectation is back!!!

5. Barbie says:

I was just thinking about you. I am going to call you. Hopefully see your beautiful face tonight my friend!

6. Anonymous says:

Wonderful list of blessings, Barbie.  I especially like #431, and I am thankful for the same in my life.

Many blessings!

1. Barbie says:

I don’t know where I’d be without the constant encouragement of those around me!  Blessings!

7. Lea says:

Oh, Barbie, I love that, “pursue Him with purpose.” That’s exactly what I’m going to do and will post that where I will see it daily.  Last year was so, so difficult but through that difficulty, I learned so much and God was so faithful.  Thanks for always inspiring me with your words. Blessings throughout 2012!

1. Barbie says:

You’re most welcome friend.  May we both puruse Him with purpose this new year.

8. Venessa says:

This book is one that I am starting this new year! I can not wait to read it!

1. Barbie says:

Oh hurry, then you can join me! LOL!

9. Lisa Grace says:

Beautiful.  And can I just tell you, I find your blog so *pretty* and *peaceful*!

Thank you so much Lisa!

10. Anonymous says:

Good morning and Happy New Year!  With all of the “not so positive” prophesies about 2012 — even heard it was the year of WOES, I am clinging to Jeremiah 29:11.    Love and blessings to you!

1. Barbie says:

Oh man, really?  I have been bad and haven’t read all of them yet.  I choose to believe that this will be an extremely wonderful year full of live and hope!  Love that scripture verse!

11. Rosann says:

Yes, last year was painfully stagnant with regard to our present life trial.  Through it all, I made huge strides to bring good from it though.  But not without God pushing me forward.  It was a year of learning to listen to Him and then respond obediently.  I’m excited to see what God has in store for me and my family in 2012, although I must admit I am somewhat fearful at times.  Uncertainty manages to creep up when my focus isn’t on God.  I just need to keep trusting Him to know what’s best.

~Blessings and prayers for you and yours,
    Rosann

1. Barbie says:

I know exactly where you are my friend.  Walking that journey has been so difficult at times.  Even so, He’s always there.  Looking forward to watching the new year unfold with hope and promise!

12. Dalia says:

Happy New Year Barbie! Wonderful post and list!  I’m with you on those.  I’m looking forward to what he has planned for me.  Even though the unknown can seem scary, I trust fully in him, he leads my way.  Blessings to you & yours!

1. Barbie says:

I love that I can trust Him through my darkest seasons.  He is the light!

13. Genny Heikka says:

Oh Barbie, I LOVE that last one… friends who call out the gold in me! Thank you for that nugget (no pun intended). I will keep that one with me. I was JUST telling a group of friends today how Ann’s book has changed my life. Thankfulness really is the answer to abundance. It’s so much about perspective. I have to “reset” my grateful meter every so often, but it is always so great when I’m able to do that and realize just how BLESSED I am. Thank you for this beautiful reminder.

Your blog is such a refreshing, peaceful place. I just want to linger here! 🙂

Genny

1. Barbie says:

Thank you so much friend!

14. Bina says:

“you are walking along a little slowly, feeling the nudge of the Holy Spirit, “Come on, I’ll go with you”, after feeling like you failed or didn’t measure up last year.” …that’s me, but I am just happy to know He is with me even as I take my time in getting there 🙂

1. Barbie says:

Awe, I love you my friend. Stopped over for a visit to your blog this morning. And YES, He is always with you. Nothing will ever separate you from His love! Rest in that truth!