Five Minute Friday: Adventure

© salpics32 – Fotolia.com

Today over at Bonnie’s place, we are discussing this One Word:

Adventure –
an unusual and exciting, typically hazardous, experience or activity.

Life is filled with uncertainty.  This road underneath my feet is not always smooth.  My eyesight is often blurred, and at times, it’s too dark to see in front of me.  There are bumps in the road, huge boulders at times, sudden twists and hairpin turns.  And in the most extreme cases, the adventure is slowed to a near stop with roadblocks, detours and sudden drops.

But I am learning to embrace the adventure.  Setting out to accomplish what is still unclear can be exciting.  I want to walk intentionally to the other side, conquering obstacles along the way and overcoming any curve balls tossed onto the road.

I can’t always see where I am going.  The wind blows so fiercely upon my face at times that I have to close my eyes.  Yet still I walk, unhindered by the elements that try to stop me in my tracks.  And I lean, pressing into the One who is my strength, because I know I cannot arrive at my destination without Him.

My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me.  (Psalm 63:8)

When we take the hand of the greatest Tour Guide ever and choose to trust Him, a life full of uncertainty is quickly turned into one of living with excitement and joy.  This One, He doesn’t need a map or a compass.  He never gets lost, and He always leads us and guides us safely, steering us clear of pot holes, falling rocks, and cliffs.  His eyesight is keen.  He can see for miles.  He protects us from the scorching sun, the perilous winds, and the dry waste lands.  He brings water and nourishment along the way.  He is confident in His leadership ability.  He knows exactly where He is going and He is faithful to bring us there.

How about you?  Are you ready to take the hand of this One who will never lead you astray along life’s adventure?

And the LORD will guide you continually and satisfy your desire in scorched places and make your bones strong; and you shall be like a watered garden, like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.  (Isaiah 58:11)

1. Charina says:

This is beautiful Barbie. And yes I am ready and holding on to His hand… Blessings!

2. I’ve grabbed His hand. The beautiful thing is, if my fingers slip, He’ll keep His grasp on me. Happy Thursday, friend! ☺

PS…LOVE your photo and new look. Just beautiful! ☺

3. Barbie, I love when you wrote:

“When we take the hand of the greatest Tour Guide ever and choose to trust Him, a life full of uncertainty is quickly turned into one of living with excitement and joy.”

How true your words are!  I too am learning to take His hand each step of the way.

Blessings and love,
    Debbie

4. Kerri Smith says:

Love this, Barbie! I have taken the hand of the greatest tour guide ever!
    I’m just so glad that even when I get side tracked or wander off the path, He is right there to redirect me!

5. Anonymous says:

I am on an adventure myself!  Hallelujah!  I am so excited!  I’m glad we are on it together Barbie!  <3

6. Linda says:

Barbie…this was so good I just had to share it on facebook!

7. Nikki says:

Oh….
    “My bags are packed.  I’ve got my passport.  I may not know where I am going, but I am certain that I will arrive safely.”This spoke to me. Thank you so much for the encouraging post! Yes, what an adventure! So blessed to have the most amazing Travel Guide…..

8. Jennifer says:

Barbie, this is fantastic! You speak so much to the season I’m in. Today, I have been practicing having an adventure perspective, and it has been amazing! 🙂

9. Anonymous says:

I especially love that you are “learning to embrace the adventure”! I’m a perfectionist myself, and I’m all for adventure, but waver when it seems things may not go perfectly. So I too am learning to embrace it, whatever it has in store.

10. Joan Davis says:

I’m ready to go wherever my Guide will take me!  And it is such a comfort, that even though I can’t see what this year will hold for me, this same Guide can.  He will be with me the entire journey!

11. This is so true, especially because we don’t know the outcomes of our adventures: “And I lean, pressing into the One who is my strength, because I know I cannot arrive at my destination without Him.” That Psalm verse is a perfect one for this post, too. Thank you for sharing,

12. This is so true, especially because we don’t know the outcomes of our adventures: “And I lean, pressing into the One who is my strength, because I know I cannot arrive at my destination without Him.” That Psalm verse is a perfect one for this post, too. Thank you for sharing,

13. Barbie, I love this.  I need this truth in me always!  Thank you!  And I love, love your new design!  Beautiful!

14. Alecia Simersky says:

I love your site!  and I agree, when we trust our Tour Guide, we never know what adventure is waiting around the corner if we open our hearts to it! I love that He can see what I cannot, it makes me feel safe.